• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which do the Hawks need most for 20/21

Spud2nique

Which do the Hawks need most for 20-21  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Between trades, draft and FAncy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/2020 at 05:25 AM

Back up for Trae.  Remember, how the entire team dies when Trae sits?  If Atlanta can draft Tyrese Haliburton, I feel that he is the perfect fit for these Hawks.  Has good size, has high basketball IQ, able to hit the three ball and he shoots a high % of his free throws!!

Also, he is a great passer with either hand.  This is a bonus...

:hi:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Shooting. Trae would easily average 12+ assists if he had better shooters on the team.

I’m hoping Huerter, Hunter and Cam are the shooter but more shooters never hurt anybody. 

Filling out the roster with shooting and defense is premium for every team, there is never a such thing as too much when it comes to that.

This roster lacks a veteran presence, specifically on the perimeter.

Trae is electric and high gravity/volume. Having a mature player out there with the ball in his hands when Trae is on the bench would steady the production of the 2nd unit. Ideally this could be a player with more dog in him than the likes of Jeff Teague, who really got outplayed by Goodwin if you ask me.

We should go BPA in the draft and not hone in on a PG who will need minutes to develop and get comfortable in this league. We dont have the same luxury of letting another young guy play through his mistakes while taking up a huge role next year as we did last.

The best thing for a young superstar like Trae is to have a Vet at his position that can fill in the gaps during the long haul of a season. Vet PGs are a vital part of any championship team.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Shooting and also shooting.

Our bench shot under 30% from 3 for the year.  The worst in the league.  

Our D equally blew. It’s a trick question. We need help everywhere or players to grow up fast like Trae did and break the learning curve.

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Filling out the roster with shooting and defense is premium for every team, there is never a such thing as too much when it comes to that.

This roster lacks a veteran presence, specifically on the perimeter.

Trae is electric and high gravity/volume. Having a mature player out there with the ball in his hands when Trae is on the bench would steady the production of the 2nd unit. Ideally this could be a player with more dog in him than the likes of Jeff Teague, who really got outplayed by Goodwin if you ask me.

We should go BPA in the draft and not hone in on a PG who will need minutes to develop and get comfortable in this league. We dont have the same luxury of letting another young guy play through his mistakes while taking up a huge role next year as we did last.

The best thing for a young superstar like Trae is to have a Vet at his position that can fill in the gaps during the long haul of a season. Vet PGs are a vital part of any championship team.

If that's the case, I wouldn't mind bringing back Jeremy Lin.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Our D equally blew. It’s a trick question. We need help everywhere or players to grow up fast like Trae did and break the learning curve.

no doubt but we have our defenders already on the roster now who will be playing 70% of the game.   We have to get shooters for the bench and they have to be decent defenders but we can't get defenders for the bench that can't shoot.   

• Thanks 1

Just now, macdaddy said:

Lin didn't really impress me that much when he was with the Hawks.   His game doesn't seem to fit our system that well. 

No Lin for me also. Dragic maybe. That was he can tell us secrets about Doncic, like he needs his blanky to fall asleep 😴 you know stuff like that! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

No Lin for me also. Dragic maybe. That was he can tell us secrets about Doncic, like he needs his blanky to fall asleep 😴 you know stuff like that! 

Dragic would be great for us if it's not too costly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I feel like he's gonna go to Dallas next season just because of the Luka connection. 

Ya I thought that too before. All things equal he’s gonna go play with his butt... sorry his buddy.

:saythat: