All-in trade idea: Harden for ....

kelston827

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Harden makes zero sense in Atlanta and he doesn't want to be here so no.   But Harden could easily take the right team to the finals especially in the east.   If I'm the sixers i'm making it happen.   

I'd make that trade but he doesn't want to be here so it's a moot point. Keep the players that are true to Atlanta.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, kg01 said:

Regular season Lion-O, postseason Snarf...snarf.

Switch him and KD and Harden is the one winning rings with Curry, Klay, Green, et al.  LeBron never wins without stud wingmen.  Nobody does it alone.  And I don't think Harden is the perfect player or anything but I think he is plenty good enough to win if he had Wade and Bosh or the GS guys, etc.  

Like last year he beasted in the playoffs (almost 30 ppg on .636% TS%)  but his supporting cast was:

* Westbrook (42% fg%, 24% 3pt%)

* Eric Gordon (41% / 32%)

and

* role players averaging 11 points or lower and playing D, etc.  

That isn't much of a supporting cast.   Robert Covington was the second best at 1.3 WS and .169 WS/48 and that is by a large margin as the rest of the crew was very unimpressive.  Westbrook was actually a negative Win Share.  

No comparison to the 4.5 Win Shares and .284 WS/48 number seen from Anthony Davis, etc.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, AHF said:

Switch him and KD and Harden is the one winning rings with Curry, Klay, Green, et al.  LeBron never wins without stud wingmen.  Nobody does it alone.  And I don't think Harden is the perfect player or anything but I think he is plenty good enough to win if he had Wade and Bosh or the GS guys, etc.  

Like last year he beasted in the playoffs (almost 30 ppg on .636% TS%)  but his supporting cast was:

and

That isn't much of a supporting cast.   Robert Covington was the second best at 1.3 WS and .169 WS/48 and that is by a large margin as the rest of the crew was very unimpressive.  Westbrook was actually a negative Win Share.  

No comparison to the 4.5 Win Shares and .284 WS/48 number seen from Anthony Davis, etc.

Didn't Harden play with Durant and Westbrook in OKC?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

and

I think we just differ on attitude.  I don't think Harden is the type to change how he plays (significantly) based on who he's playing with.

I posit, if he had a better cast, he'd still dribble the ball 25 seconds then shoot or bail-out pass.

You seem to be suggesting he'd morph into a win-at-all-costs guy.  I disagree.  He's gotten fat and happy just being what he is.  He's been catered too for way too long.

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Didn't Harden play with Durant and Westbrook in OKC?

Yes - they went 47-19 and lost to LeBron in the NBA finals.  This is before Harden was fully developed as he was just a little younger than Trae.  OKC dealt Harden and never made the finals again.

• Like 2

Thoughts about a Harden trade from the old man.

It will be almost impossible for Houston to obtain what they want in exchange for Hardin,  Why?  Because there must be a payroll $$$ match within a few dollars.  It requires either another all star player on a high contract or a bunch of smaller.  

Houston doesn't want another big contract.  What do they want?  Some young players on reasonable contracts and a bunch of unprotected first round draft picks.

Houston wants exactly what the Hawks have right now in exchange for Harden!  Wow !!

Here's a trade I would not do - - All Hawk players under contract right now for all of Houston's players under contract right now.  How about you?  Would you do this deal ??

:sun:

• Like 2

• Moderators

Houston is in free fall right now.  I don't think anybody here would trade our roster for their team (or even their roster from last year knowing what we know about the dynamics in play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

Yes - they went 47-19 and lost to LeBron in the NBA finals.  This is before Harden was fully developed as he was just a little younger than Trae.  OKC dealt Harden and never made the finals again.

Wade won a finals MVP in his 3rd year right?

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Wade won a finals MVP in his 3rd year right?

Yes he did.  (He was in his prime and two years older than Harden and Trae.)  

He and Shaq made a potent combination.  Shaq was 1st Team All-NBA that year while Wade was 2nd Team All-NBA.  Good squad.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AHF said:

Feel like people are going overboard with the Harden hate here.  His teams have won a ton of games without him having a true second star.  He is a superstar.  

I agree he probably isn’t the right fit for our team but you do a deal if the price is right and he wants to be here.  I suspect he doesn’t want to be here but let’s not pretend like he is Zach Lavine or Andrew Wiggins or something.  

Always the voice of reason. I have no love for Harden or his game but I wouldn't rule it out completely. Still a weird fit between him and Trae, and we'd be scrambling into championship mode. It would be tough to make it worth it but the upside is high (maybe even championship high)

19 hours ago, terrell said:

Surprising, considering all of the strip clubs...lol

Speaking of clubs, based on today's report, Har_en's added MIA to his list.  MIL too, which is particularly galling considering he basically called Giannis a fake-MVP last year.

Well, why you wanna play with 'im then, bro?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Speaking of clubs, based on today's report, Har_en's added MIA to his list.  MIL too, which is particularly galling considering he basically called Giannis a fake-MVP last year.

Well, why you wanna play with 'im then, bro?

I think this means Harden is going to Miami.   Riley has to realize that the Heat as currently constructed probably aren't going back to finals.