• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hate to hurt some feelings but.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

We are going to trade JC. 

Look at my evidence:

1.  The website.

Trae, Huerter, Cam, and Bogi is plastered all over the website.  We're is JC?  Even Clint Cappela has a highlight on the page. 

2.  The argument with Trae...i.e. Coaching. 

You don't pull on superman's cape and you don't argue with a star player when they are slumping.   Lloyd Pierce may be out of the door tonight... however, this kind of talking to the press about words said inside because you want to get yourself in a better position for your next contract is treasonous.  JC talking to the Athletic in any capacity about what happened with he and trae is a no-no. 

3.  Drug Suspension last year.     Ehhh.

4.  Nothing around the offense revolves around you... except the finish on the PNR.

5.  The contract denial.   I think that the Hawks gave JC what they thought was fair value.  JC turned them down.  Where do you go from here?

If I had my druthers, he would have been in a package for Zach Lavine.  Well, that will never happen now.  That guy is balling!  My guess is that there is a WC landing spot for him that will yield us back something that we need. 

It could be a trade for Mikal Bridges and a first straight up.    Phoenix has Cameron Johnson who looks like he can fill in and JC is an upgrade from Jae Crowder... so this could be their shot for championship for them.  CP3 ain't getting no younger.   To be able to boast Booker, Drayton, Johnson, and Collins  as a young core...... dayum.  

The point is.. I wouldn't get so attached to him because it doesn't seem like the organization is attached to him. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We are going to trade JC. 

Look at my evidence:

1.  The website.

Trae, Huerter, Cam, and Bogi is plastered all over the website.  We're is JC?  Even Clint Cappela has a highlight on the page. 

2.  The argument with Trae...i.e. Coaching. 

You don't pull on superman's cape and you don't argue with a star player when they are slumping.   Lloyd Pierce may be out of the door tonight... however, this kind of talking to the press about words said inside because you want to get yourself in a better position for your next contract is treasonous.  JC talking to the Athletic in any capacity about what happened with he and trae is a no-no. 

3.  Drug Suspension last year.     Ehhh.

4.  Nothing around the offense revolves around you... except the finish on the PNR.

5.  The contract denial.   I think that the Hawks gave JC what they thought was fair value.  JC turned them down.  Where do you go from here?

If I had my druthers, he would have been in a package for Zach Lavine.  Well, that will never happen now.  That guy is balling!  My guess is that there is a WC landing spot for him that will yield us back something that we need. 

It could be a trade for Mikal Bridges and a first straight up.    Phoenix has Cameron Johnson who looks like he can fill in and JC is an upgrade from Jae Crowder... so this could be their shot for championship for them.  CP3 ain't getting no younger.   To be able to boast Booker, Drayton, Johnson, and Collins  as a young core...... dayum.  

The point is.. I wouldn't get so attached to him because it doesn't seem like the organization is attached to him. 

Phoenix isnt giving up Bridges for Collins.Much less MIkal and a 1st...lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I don't see a trade happening unless some team blows us away. We might lose him in RFA though. 

I don't know if we will be blown away.   Do you think we will give him the max?  Because unless we're giving him the max... we're moving him. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, terrell said:

Bridges isn't a name yet.  You'd be hard press to convince anybody that he's better than Dre.   But Collins name is ringing right now. 

Im not against trading him at this point and although i do like him quite a bit on this team i have seen that we can win with a player replacing him.  I would personally throw  Collins + a 1st + cash filler to the Raps to see if they come off Siakam to add more defense and a better contract going foward at PF than having to max it for Collins there.

55 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I don't know what it'll take, but @Diesel I'm coming to the hill...

For JC, I've finally come around to Zach as well. 

Gives us

Trae

Zach

Reddish

Hunter

Capela

Zach is that slasher we need and we can still have two wings on the court at all times with Trae in Reddish and Hunter. 

1 hour ago, Threezus said:

Im not against trading him at this point and although i do like him quite a bit on this team i have seen that we can win with a player replacing him.  I would personally throw  Collins + a 1st + cash filler to the Raps to see if they come off Siakam to add more defense and a better contract going foward at PF than having to max it for Collins there.

The problem is Collins damn future contract and we can't do this till the offseason. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This ain't 2k. In real life, PHX knows the value of Bridges. 

Yeah.. and they can see the value of Collins.    IN Real LIfe... Collins is twice the value of Bridges.. especially for a team that has a short window.

Right now... Crowder has played 31 minutes and given 2 points and 6 rebs...

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

For JC, I've finally come around to Zach as well. 

Gives us

Trae

Zach

Reddish

Hunter

Capela

Zach is that slasher we need and we can still have two wings on the court at all times with Trae in Reddish and Hunter. 

The problem is Collins damn future contract and we can't do this till the offseason. 

Not speaking this to existence or anything ...I don’t even want to get into a collins trade topic honestly BUT if Schlenk wanted Zach for Collins. I believe that’s a trade that could easily happen. 
I don’t think the bulls are all in on Lauri Markkanen as the full time PF for the future and collins and Wendell Carter is a better dou that compliments each other than collins and capela.

Of ALL possible trades involving collins, this would be the one  if Schlenk was truly headed down that path (I don’t think he’s there yet to trade any player unless it’s a offer he can’t resist)....but no doubt this trade adds benefits to both teams.

Zach would give us another ball handling scorer. Zach should be a good defender but so far he hasn’t proven that he is but I’m willing to gamble that he can become a good defender since the length, size, and over the top athleticism is there... We would lose the great screens set by collins plus the rebounding.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire. And there’s been smoke for at least a year and a half. JC will be traded this year if Schlenk has been anything it’s aggressive with trades. 
JC is a 6’8” center on his tip toes. 
Watching the game against the Hornets I was realizing Hayward was bigger than JC. And as much as people hate on Trae’s D. JC had no chance guarding Gordon or any big. JC is a stat stuffer who can hit threes. But he doesn’t create his own shot. 
IMO if you can’t create your own shot and want max money you better be a shut down defender. JC is neither of those.

I would think about going all in and trying to get Siakem if Toronto keeps losing, you could or would have to give JC and two of Huerter, Cam or Hunter. Plus whatever makes the money work and probably a pick. But you’d have a proven two way playoff performer. 

On 1/11/2021 at 12:07 AM, terrell said:

I don’t know..they are both young. They have a need at PF and Collins would fit very well next to CP3 and Ayton. It may take some configuration to make it work but Collins has value too.