• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hate to hurt some feelings but.....

Diesel

On 1/11/2021 at 12:04 AM, Diesel said:

We are going to trade JC. 

Look at my evidence:

1.  The website.

Trae, Huerter, Cam, and Bogi is plastered all over the website.  We're is JC?  Even Clint Cappela has a highlight on the page. 

2.  The argument with Trae...i.e. Coaching. 

You don't pull on superman's cape and you don't argue with a star player when they are slumping.   Lloyd Pierce may be out of the door tonight... however, this kind of talking to the press about words said inside because you want to get yourself in a better position for your next contract is treasonous.  JC talking to the Athletic in any capacity about what happened with he and trae is a no-no. 

3.  Drug Suspension last year.     Ehhh.

4.  Nothing around the offense revolves around you... except the finish on the PNR.

5.  The contract denial.   I think that the Hawks gave JC what they thought was fair value.  JC turned them down.  Where do you go from here?

If I had my druthers, he would have been in a package for Zach Lavine.  Well, that will never happen now.  That guy is balling!  My guess is that there is a WC landing spot for him that will yield us back something that we need. 

It could be a trade for Mikal Bridges and a first straight up.    Phoenix has Cameron Johnson who looks like he can fill in and JC is an upgrade from Jae Crowder... so this could be their shot for championship for them.  CP3 ain't getting no younger.   To be able to boast Booker, Drayton, Johnson, and Collins  as a young core...... dayum.  

The point is.. I wouldn't get so attached to him because it doesn't seem like the organization is attached to him. 

Don't see how they can trade JC with Gallo's age and injury concern. Do we really want Hunter playing predominantly PF?  I like the idea of trading for Zach Lavine, especially with Bogie out for a while, but I think it leaves a void at the 4. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Why would Chicago trade Lavine? I dont see them doing that.

Reading their fan boards, there is a hopeful minority that sees his production and want to keep him and groom the team around him.  Those same people are tired of rebuilding/treadmilling.  The trade Zach camp is noticeably louder.  Their consistent theme is:

• They like him, they don't love him
  • He's their version of Joe Johnson...better suited as a 1B (some even say 3rd option)
  • His presence doesn't/hasn't translated to wins
  • They want more of a floor general in the back court
  • They want to groom the younger guys (specifically Patrick Williams)
  • He's a UFA after next season and they don't want him to walk for nothing
  • They are reluctant to bring him back and burn 30 something percent of their cap on him
  • They are rebuilding and they want picks and young players on rookie deals. 

We likely would not have to deal JC.  Some of their fans suggested that an unprotected 1st would get it done. Though gauging Zach by the Jrue Holiday deal, they'd be looking for multiple 1sts.

43 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Reading their fan boards, there is a hopeful minority that sees his production and want to keep him and groom the team around him.  Those same people are tired of rebuilding/treadmilling.  The trade Zach camp is noticeably louder.  Their consistent theme is:

• They like him, they don't love him
  • He's their version of Joe Johnson...better suited as a 1B (some even say 3rd option)
  • His presence doesn't/hasn't translated to wins
  • They want more of a floor general in the back court
  • They want to groom the younger guys (specifically Patrick Williams)
  • He's a UFA after next season and they don't want him to walk for nothing
  • They are reluctant to bring him back and burn 30 something percent of their cap on him
  • They are rebuilding and they want picks and young players on rookie deals. 

We likely would not have to deal JC.  Some of their fans suggested that an unprotected 1st would get it done. Though gauging Zach by the Jrue Holiday deal, they'd be looking for multiple 1sts.

Um, fans on message board don't decide the outcomes of trades.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Siakum is garbage

Siakam is a solid 2nd/3rd option guy on offense and he's a very good defender.  I think we would lose a bit of 3P shooting but gain much needed skill around the rim.  I wouldn't hate it if we ended up with Siakam, but I do think it's very risky because he's on a huge contract.  It doesn't leave a ton of room to pay some of our young guys (but I guess if we pay Collins we're in the same spot so idk).

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Um, fans on message board don't decide the outcomes of trades.

No they do not, but by that same logic you must discredit all of the intelligent posters in here that have good insight to our own team. So either everyone in here can shut the f### up regarding our own team because they are "just fans" who know nothing OR perhaps we might gain some insight into players on a different team by examining the pulse of the fans who invest time, money, and emotion into it.

• Premium Member

13 hours ago, Diesel said:

Yeah.. and they can see the value of Collins.    IN Real LIfe... Collins is twice the value of Bridges.. especially for a team that has a short window.

Right now... Crowder has played 31 minutes and given 2 points and 6 rebs...

Everybody in the world knows that no one who is starting Crowder cares about his offense. He is there because of defense. period. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Everybody in the world knows that no one who is starting Crowder cares about his offense. He is there because of defense. period. 

Here's washington's shot chart...  UHM... What was his defense doing last night??  His man got 10 points, 9 rebs in 28 ,mins.  Davis Bertens came in to get 18 points off the bench...  Betcha Phoenix wished that they could get more than 2 points from Crowder... in 31 minutes.

image.png

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Diesel said:

Here's washington's shot chart...  UHM... What was his defense doing last night??  His man got 10 points, 9 rebs in 28 ,mins.  Davis Bertens came in to get 18 points off the bench...  Betcha Phoenix wished that they could get more than 2 points from Crowder... in 31 minutes.

image.png

I'm sure they did. Does Crowder average 2 points per game this year or was that his worst game? 

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Don't see how they can trade JC with Gallo's age and injury concern. Do we really want Hunter playing predominantly PF?  I like the idea of trading for Zach Lavine, especially with Bogie out for a while, but I think it leaves a void at the 4. 

Well, don't forget we drafted OO.   I think Trae's game will work with Pick and Pop for a while.  However, we still haven't explored who we will get back.  If Lavine is available, that's my ask.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

I'm sure they did. Does Crowder average 2 points per game this year or was that his worst game? 

Are you saying that you can count on Crowder for more than 2 ppg against playoff competition?  It's a young season, he's averaging 10/5 as a starter.   There are already cried for Cam Johnson to replace him.  They wouldn't want either to be the reason that CP3 has no shot for the chip.  If we were to offer the trade I mentioned, they would knock over 4 old people to take it.   Because they're not insiders waiting on Bridges to become something that he's not right now.  They are practical and would not let a walking 20/10 guy at the PF position slip away.   Do you know what CP3 would do with Collins?  The fact that you would talk up Bridges and then Crowder is sickening and hilarious.  

22 hours ago, timebomb said:

I would think about going all in and trying to get Siakem if Toronto keeps losing, you could or would have to give JC and two of Huerter, Cam or Hunter. Plus whatever makes the money work and probably a pick. But you’d have a proven two way playoff performer. 

Is this a joke?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Are you saying that you can count on Crowder for more than 2 ppg against playoff competition?  It's a young season, he's averaging 10/5 as a starter.   There are already cried for Cam Johnson to replace him.  They wouldn't want either to be the reason that CP3 has no shot for the chip.  If we were to offer the trade I mentioned, they would knock over 4 old people to take it.   Because they're not insiders waiting on Bridges to become something that he's not right now.  They are practical and would not let a walking 20/10 guy at the PF position slip away.   Do you know what CP3 would do with Collins?  The fact that you would talk up Bridges and then Crowder is sickening and hilarious.  

I didnt talk up anybody. Why your panties are in a bunch is anyone's guess. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There has to be a trade out there that makes sense. I just don't see it.

Nor do I.  I think we will match him next summer but certainly how things progress this season will weigh heavily on that.  I'm assuming Trae and JC don't butt heads all year.

• Like 1

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There has to be a trade out there that makes sense. I just don't see it.

I agree, but losing a young star without return would a major blow to our rebuild.  This is not Josh Smith we're talking about... We are on the cusp of being contender. We need to get some sort of value if Schlenk isn't going to max him out... but Schlenk would have to believe that the Hawks can win a title with Collins as our #2 option to max him out.  Eventually we're going to have to max out Trae too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I agree, but losing a young star without return would a major blow to our rebuild.  This is not Josh Smith we're talking about... We are on the cusp of being contender. We need to get some sort of value if Schlenk isn't going to max him out... but Schlenk would have to believe that the Hawks can win a title with Collins as our #2 option to max him out.  Eventually we're going to have to max out Trae too.

Some GMs would rather let a guy walk than lose a trade. Danny Ainge does it all the time.