• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gallinari

TRW

I never knew Gallo to be a guy who studies film defensively but it seems he has on Embiid.  Embiid looks tentative and hesitant at times when facing Gallo.  Like it was stated in the Clint thread the threat of committing a charge is much higher with Gallo than Clint who has been cleared out of his space by Embiid all series.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I never knew Gallo to be a guy who studies film defensively but it seems he has on Embiid.  Embiid looks tentative and hesitant at times when facing Gallo.  Like it was stated in the Clint thread the threat of committing a charge is much higher with Gallo than Clint who has been cleared out of his space by Embiid all series.

He's played some really good defense on Embiid and he gets under his skin to boot.  Maybe Gallo's our Mark Gasol? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He's played some really good defense on Embiid and he gets under his skin to boot.  Maybe Gallo's our Mark Gasol? 

It's truly a team effort, Clint takes all the body shots and haymakers from Embiid early so that late in the game Gallo can use his savvy to make him slow down and think twice. JC has cleanup duty on the glass and protecting the rim while the other two try to wall Embiid off. Sucks we don't get any real analysis after games other than the "Oh Embiid looked tired, he choked" stuff, because guys like Gallo are actually coming in and making a defensive impact and it all gets overlooked. 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thread dusted off lol.

I never cared for Gallo before he got here. Too much of a 3/4 tweener and not in a good way.  I like how he’s settled into his role here though.  eFG and rebounding rate in a Hawks uni higher than his career averages.  That’s all I can ask out his little feet havin ass.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1