• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gallinari

TRW

16 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

We should've got Jerami Grant. I wasn't big on our off-season, but they're definitely underperforming. I don't think a trade for spare parts would help, just have to hope the new additions start contributing by the time the playoffs arrive.

Grant wanted to start..

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

The squawk pulled a Nique, prematurely declaring victory. Everyone was mocking Detroit for signing Jerami Grant. Would you rather Gallo or Grant? I think that answer is clear.

I think they were questioning him going to Detroit because well........ its Detroit..  And Denver offered him the same contract..

This is the Gallinari that we need to see, even if it's only one game. This was a must needed win after last night's debacle. I hope we can get some momentum going into the all-star break. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TRW said:

This is the Gallinari that we need to see, even if it's only one game. This was a must needed win after last night's debacle. I hope we can get some momentum going into the all-star break. 

50% of this would be great!

• Like 2

On 2/20/2021 at 2:20 PM, terrell said:

I think they were questioning him going to Detroit because well........ its Detroit..  And Denver offered him the same contract..

This.

I am on record as saying Grant would have been a dream signing for us this offseason along with Dunn. Those were the only 2 guys I wanted in FA.

Detroit was a head scratcher because you go from a contender to the worst team on paper in the NBA, for the same price.

Edited by RedDawg#8

• Premium Member

This is what the Hawks have been waiting for from Danilo Gallinari

In one game Ga-Loo when from shooting 36% from 3 to 42%....Incredibly ridiculous.

Trae Young called it beautiful — so beautiful. It’s effortless. It takes little motion. And when it was as beautiful as it was Wednesday night, there’s nothing opposing teams can do to stop 6-foot-10 Danilo Gallinari from shooting over their heads with relative ease.

“I knew it was a matter of time before he got hot,” Young said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JTB said:

Gallo need more than 3 attempts from beyond arc per game! He needs to up that avg to about 6.

He’s too good of a shooter for just 3 attempts from 3....Come on LP & Staff!

That wasn't LP's or the coaching staff's fault. That was all on Gallo. I'm not going to pretend his past few weeks of poor shooting and poor basketball in general didn't happen just because he had a good game last night. I sincerely hope this is the Gallo the Hawks get going forward though. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, JTB said:

Gallo need more than 3 attempts from beyond arc per game! He needs to up that avg to about 6.

He’s too good of a shooter for just 3 attempts from 3....Come on LP & Staff!

Remember, he was on a minutes restriction, which would affect his current total attempts per game.

Gallo's February attempts in those 12 games is at 5.2 attempts per game (excludes the last game).

Screenshot_20210226-080404_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I had to reach back to dust this thread off lol.  

Shout out to Gallo though.  Leading the team in true shooting with only 2 turnovers in the series (resulting in a team-leading 137 rating) with 6 boards per to boot.  He picked a perfect time to play his best ball I swear.  Has anyone noticed his screening?  I haven’t been studying it but it has to be good.

There are so many receipts for bad takes this season.  People crapping on Bogi, Gallo, TS, etc.  Makes for a pretty hilarious reread.  Kudos to those who came back and ate their crow.

• Like 3