• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Report: Several Atlanta Hawks players wanted Lloyd Pierce fired

Wurider05

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD_vTq66FZU

I can figure Trae and John but who else?

These guys don't watch Hawks basketball lol their takes are so shallow and outdated.  Nothing to substantiate this but I can imagine Rondo being one of the other guys -- he's been around successful coaches and poor coaches throughout his career, so he might be an opinion the front office values

• Premium Member

When I was in my 20s, I too thought my boss wasn't as smart as I was on more than one occasion, and I resisted some if not a lot of his/her guidance.

I'm less interested in how the younger players thought about LP. I mean... really?

If Schlenk cut LP on the basis of what any of them thought, he should be gone yesterday. I seriously doubt that was the case, me, but wouldn't pretend to know. Schlenk has never impressed me as someone who would allow that kind of thing to affect his judgment.

But Capela? Maybe. Rondo? Maybe. But even those guys are limited. They're a half-season into their first with the team.

Hopefully this was a decision made more on the basis of conversations with someone like Vince Carter, who has a wider appreciation for the pros and cons--having the benefit of so much experience with so many coaches, and yet also the benefit of being a longer-term asset within the organization.

And. I hope our young bucks mature. Both on the floor and off it. I know I'm not alone.

• Like 2

• Moderators

He lost the team.   And when you lose the team the team starts losing games.   There was no recovering.  I'm disappointed in a lot of things but i'm disappointed in LP to be honest.   I didn't feel he owned the inconsistent play enough and I didn't feel he owned his fate at all.   I could be wrong.  I appreciate that he did everything he could to the best of his abilities but I'm just hopeful that this was growing experience for him.   

• Like 1