• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Predicting our record for the 2nd half

Spud2nique

44 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

What is your prediction for our 2nd half record? (36 games remaining)

I say:

22-14

Finishing with a record of 38-34 good for 6th in the east. 

What do y’all think? 

I can see something like that, I'm hoping for 2 more wins (24-12) and finish with 40 wins overall. I can also see us finishing around .500 at 36-36.

I think that's our range, 36 to 40 wins. I'd love to get Boston in the playoffs, as I think they can really be had this year. I don't want the 76ers or Nets. Milwaukee could be on upset alert too this postseason, their best is behind them.

Going through the schedule I have us at 20-16 just based on records.

I have 15 games as a toss up against similar squads like NYK, INDY, CHA, TOR, MIA, NOP. SA, CHI. GS. 

These are teams we can beat, but so far have not proven we are able to consistently. So I just split down the middle assuming we only win half.

These are the games that really can swing our record if we start performing better against those squads. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Took the opportunity to revise my season prediction down to 36-36 last week, so 20-16 for the Hazerbeam 💫

Oh wow I wasn’t here for the first go around, I was out of ummm 😟 town. Let’s see what everyone said and a wise Hawks fan that can see the future. I’ll be back 😃 

• Haha 1

I think we can get as high as 4th and get that home court. Honestly I’m not too scared of any first round matchup but I’d like to see us avoid the Nets in round. 

Not really scared of anyone in the East besides them. I’d really like our 2nd round matchup (one game at a time but if we are plotting) against the Sixers (Trae kills them) or the Bucks (Bud can’t coach in the playoffs). 

My preference for round 1 teams to avoid.

1. Nets

2. Heat

2nd round matchups I desire:

1. Sixers

2. Bucks

One game at a time though let’s get it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I think we can get as high as 4th and get that home court. Honestly I’m not too scared of any first round matchup but I’d like to see us avoid the Nets in round. 

Not really scared of anyone in the East besides them. I’d really like our 2nd round matchup (one game at a time but if we are plotting) against the Sixers (Trae kills them) or the Bucks (Bud can’t coach in the playoffs). 

My preference for round 1 teams to avoid.

1. Nets

2. Heat

2nd round matchups I desire:

1. Sixers

2. Bucks

One game at a time though let’s get it.

I think Brooklyn will inevitably take over the number 1 seed which leaves Philly and Milwaukee in the 2v7, 3v6 bracket.

Miami to me will finish top 5. So as awesome as it would be for us to finish top 4 or 5, that would place us directly in the line of sight of the teams you want to avoid. Im not as worried about Miami, as we have that division rival type energy with them where it doesn't matter the records we tend to compete in close games.

But yeah the pool of teams would likely be

Brooklyn and Miami in the 1-8, 4-5, Bracket

and Philly Milwaukee on the 2-7, 3-6 bracket.

Im good with either side so long as we are top 6. If we have a chance to finish with a top 4 seed, I say do it and don't run away from the challenge.

• Like 2

Miami is just a weird team from the standpoint that they don't have any one single player (apologies to Jimmy) that just scares the hell out you.  BUT....they have literally ALL the intangibles of coaching, experience, veterans, and are still a really talented squad.  I'd just as soon avoid them in round 1 to be honest. I think they are going to be TOUGH for anyone. 

The Nets on the other hand seem to have star after star after star but they rarely play defense and I'm not sold on their coaching.  I actually think the Nets are going to struggle early in the playoffs depending on their matchup.  I think the Hawks could absolutely take a series from them, but I don't want to find out cuz that would mean being in the play in tourny imo. 

I'm thinking the Hawks are going to be either 4 or 5 and will face Miami which is going to be a tough out. The only catch to that is if Miami gets hurt and slips OR really takes off and overtakes Mil for 3.  Either would be ideal for Hawks, imo.  

• Like 2

Think we very well may be fighting for home court advantage down the stretch of this season. Hoping for a four seed but either way lets stay very competitive and oh so defensive in the last couple of minutes of each game on this road trip and surprise some WC folks. Show our recently found resilience under our new sideline boss. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Fear nobody, play the best to be the best. Bring them on! 

I would love to see Dre face off against Jimmy in a 7 game series. That could literally be his coming out party like it was for Murray vs Mitchell, except Jimmy carries even more clout and respect if Dre can stand toe to toe.

Trae is as comfortable lighting up the Heat as any team. They have nobody outside of Jimmy to guard him, and if they do that, Dre has the mismatch and would take advantage.

• Like 1