• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A few post-game thoughts.

TRW

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

I did not like the look on our players faces and our body language. Especially, but not exclusively, Trae's. There was non of the confidence and focus of game 1. Fatigue may have been a factor. Tip of the cap to Philly fans and their players, look like they took note of the first round series, because they have done a fantastic job of not antagonaizing Trae Young which was the dumbest thing the Knicks and their fans did.. The team needs to look at itself in the mirror and find that dog they had the first six playoffs game because they looked more like a deer in the headlights than a ECF team yesterday. Like Mike Tyson said everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face. Hawks just got smacked for the first time... how this team reacts at home will tell us everything we need to know about the makeup of the team imo. 

I get the feeling that Trae wasn’t sold on the offensive game plan and that’s what we were seeing. 

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, TRW said:

8. Joel Embiid is not hurt. Dude is moving better now than he was when completely healthy. 

Drugs are wonderful.  Dude is playing like he feels no pain because he feels no pain.  I agree on letting him score 60 if that means we tightly defend the perimeter.  The problem is he gets our guys into foul trouble.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TRW said:

8. Joel Embiid is not hurt. Dude is moving better now than he was when completely healthy. 

Didn't Glenn pull the same ish with KG in BOS? Kept swearing he has some injury out of nowhere and wouldn't be able to play.... then played? Memory is fuzzy on it but feel like Glenn just makes shit up to mess up the pre-game plan. 

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's an interesting take.

Hope I’m wrong (probably am). Just didn’t see the same passion/energy/body language from him. He’s the guy for us. But half the night was spent dribbling to half court. Passing. Standing off to the side.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Hope I’m wrong (probably am). Just didn’t see the same passion/energy/body language from him. He’s the guy for us. But half the night was spent dribbling to half court. Passing. Standing off to the side.

I think you're seeing what you want to see.   I thought Trae did a lot of good things, especially getting others going.   Biggest pop was him celebrating Bogi's three.   Not to mention him getting to the line when he wanted to . 

At the beginning of the year, the Nets complained about Trae manufacturing fouls and the refs started swallowing their whistles on Trae.   The 76ers have started crying the same song.  They cry that song while they have Thybull so close to Trae that he can smell his lunch.   When we run people into a good pick, it's called an offensive foul.  We will figure out the Trae situation... I say that for a quarter, we Reggie Miller their defenders. .  Give Bogi the ball and let Trae run through 3 good picks to get free. 

I don't know if Trae can get off a good shot as well as Miller could but this is what i'm speaking of..

• Moderators

Reggie was a master of off-ball movement.  I'd love for Trae to study that and pick up some of his game.  Given how far Trae has to go, however, I don't know that in the middle of a playoff series is the right time to do it.  Seems to be asking for too much in too short a period of time.

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Reggie was a master of off-ball movement.  I'd love for Trae to study that and pick up some of his game.  Given how far Trae has to go, however, I don't know that in the middle of a playoff series is the right time to do it.  Seems to be asking for too much in too short a period of time.

I'd like to see us run Huerter like that when he is the game with Bogi and Trae

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Even Sixers fans know:

Embiid was completely gassed end of the third quarter. Didn’t anyone notice. We got lucky in that he was gifted 4 free throws on dumb fouls by the hawks end of the quarter.

• Like 2