• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A few post-game thoughts.

TRW

Hot zones

Hawks: perimeter offense- we are an elite perimeter offense. If we score 80 points, are chance of winning is extremely high. 60 points is our low end. The closer we are to the low end, we have a higher chance of losing.

PG, SF, SG

Inside offense - 40 points - high end, if we score 40 points, our chances of winning are significantly higher. Low end- 20 points. 

PF, C

We scored 41 inside points which is good but only 61 perimeter points which is BAD. Overall, we have an average chance to win if we are playing a bad offense. 

Philly hot zone

More of a defensive team. 

Perimeter - their high is 50 points. If they score 50 from the perimeter, they have a extremely high chance of winning. 30 on the low end.

Inside- 65 points, if they score 65 points, they have an extremely good chance of winning. 45 points is the low end. 

Atlanta has more offensive firepower since Nate took over but Philly is a better defense with a higher margin of error. 

In this game, Philly scored 49 perimeter points. That's elite for them.

Inside they scored 66 inside points. Both were on the extremely likely to win end for Philly and they won by 16. 

We can beat Philly but Hill and Snell got ran off the court for 0 points in 10 mins and forced Kevin and Bogi into massive mins that they simply couldn't handle on both ends, mainly defensively. Hill had a -18 in 8 mins. 

I hope Reddish or Hunter plays game 3.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Watching the first part of this game before I go to bed.  Tobias Harris had 12 of Philly's first 16 points.  He straight cooked Solo on the offensive end.

Ya he came out and punched us in the face.

• Like 1

Yep! We have to minimize Harris and Currys impact. That's why I believe we have to stop doubling Embiid. Hopefully, Hunter can slow down Harris.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, hawkzlova123 said:

Also shake Milton went crazy. 

And that was game.

Before Shake came in Philly fans in the stands looked like they just lost a loved one. 13 points in like two minutes? That was really the difference. We gotta hope that performance is a fluke or we in trouble because Embiid looks completely healthy to me. Doc trotting him out there with a twenty point lead in the late 4th should tell us all we need to know about his health imo. Bench play has been a huge advantage for the Hawks but if this guy catches fire again it can negate that advantage. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I did not like the look on our players faces and our body language. Especially, but not exclusively, Trae's. There was non of the confidence and focus of game 1. Fatigue may have been a factor. Tip of the cap to Philly fans and their players, look like they took note of the first round series, because they have done a fantastic job of not antagonaizing Trae Young which was the dumbest thing the Knicks and their fans did.. The team needs to look at itself in the mirror and find that dog they had the first six playoffs game because they looked more like a deer in the headlights than a ECF team yesterday. Like Mike Tyson said everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face. Hawks just got smacked for the first time... how this team reacts at home will tell us everything we need to know about the makeup of the team imo. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Just not getting why Nate doesn't work the officials more.   I know it may not be his style but he's been in the league long enough to know it works.   Honestly we should have challenged that egregious display when snell got punched, fouled and then OO blocks Embiid.  I know it was first half but it would have forced the world and the refs to look at just how badly they 'missed' that whole sequence.   You can bet if that was the sixers Doc would have been running around the court crying like a baby. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2