• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pinocchio 🤥 Embiid

Spud2nique

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

And, just like folks put the 'how the game is called' disclaimer on Trae's greatness, I'mma just say Embiid is the player he is because of the way the game is called.  Absent that, he'd be Priest Lauderdale.

Ridiculous takes on either end of that.

• Like 4

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ok, ok, I'll give him Vin Baker without the flops.  Better?

You can't take the flops away from Embiid.  Don't sell him short!

(And he is a legit MVP talent)

• Haha 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What's frustrating is that fans and pundits alike just never stray from their ill informed takes.   Trae is still foul merchant/no D when neither are true.   You'd be hard pressed to find a lot of fouls that Trae has gotten in these playoffs that aren't fouls.   Embiid is in double digits just in this series.   

Now it's Simmons 'locked trae down' which is so far from the truth.  i watched the plays where simmons guarded trae and i just hope they continue that.  Trae lost him with little effort.   

Embiid being a 'beast' is certainly true in that he's a great post scorer but the flopping rivals lebron.   

LeBron is an all-time great beast as well so that comparison flatters if anything!  Embiid is also an impact defender and rebounder (averagig over 10 rebounds and 2 blocks per game against us) and contributes with his perimeter scoring (42% from 3pt range this postseason) and passing (4.7 apg against us) as well.  He is just a huge talent.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

LeBron is an all-time great beast as well so that comparison flatters if anything!  Embiid is also an impact defender and rebounder (averagig over 10 rebounds and 2 blocks per game against us) and contributes with his perimeter scoring (42% from 3pt range this postseason) and passing (4.7 apg against us) as well.  He is just a huge talent.  

No doubt but like lebron they exaggerate contact when they are already getting the benefit of most whistles.  Honestly i think doc doesn't take enough heat for constantly whining about every damn call and he instills that in his team.  You saw sixers players arguing obvious hacks.  Heck Doc for some reason gets to say the refs aren't allowing them to play physical enough and not only doesn't get fined but gets results.   

Anyway it'd be nice to at least see a challenged call overturned when embiid trips on himself and falls to the ground. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Anyway it'd be nice to at least see a challenged call overturned when embiid trips on himself and falls to the ground. 

There was some contact before the trip which is, I think, likely what the refs used to justify upholding the call.  If the call was based on the "trip" itself, that was some grade A BS.  (Was still pretty incidental contact so overturning would hardly have been unjustified.)

• Moderators
1 minute ago, AHF said:

There was some contact before the trip which is, I think, likely what the refs used to justify upholding the call.  If the call was based on the "trip" itself, that was some grade A BS.  (Was still pretty incidental contact so overturning would hardly have been unjustified.)

Agree but considering the level of physical play their allowing from the sixers in general this one was just laughable.   

• Like 4