• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta Delon Wright

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, sturt said:

Pretty sure of two things that discourage this.

First, we have until October, I believe, to extend whoever... after that, it's... 136a6a8e-3ea4-491f-8111-7581e729ee2f_tex

Second, he's 29. He's pretty much been who he's going to be for 2-3 years now. And while I get the otherwise-healthy hesitation, given the first part, put together with this part, put together with whatever value one assigns to continuity... $9m is a reasonable number, but that's just my opinion.

FWIW, I *think* the rule against mid-season contract extensions applies only to players on their rookie scale contracts who are headed for RFA status. Could be wrong. But I swear I remember some veterans signing extensions in the middle of a season, esp after a trade.

Sorry if that dampens the sex appeal of that particular type of transaction.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Would love for that to be correct @niremetal. But last season, they were the same date for both rookie and vet extensions (12/21, due to the later season start). Can't seem to find anything official for this season, but maybe that's just my inept google skills.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/11/202021-nba-contract-extension-tracker.html

49 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

Too be fair, all nba players can shoot in practice. Even the ones who never see playtime. Ben Simmons empty gym jumpers look great as well 

22 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Shooting in a game is like x1000 harder. 

Wright is a career 45/35/79% shooter.

Last season he finished overall at 46/37/80 %

So I'd say he is a pretty solid shooter overall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Snippet of a Q&A with Delon Wright:

Love to here this

ZH: What have been your first impressions of Sharife Cooper and Jalen Johnson?

DW: Yeah, so I’ve seen Jalen Johnson, we were working out together with Chris Johnson. So I pretty much saw him all summer long. So I already know what he brings. He’s a crazy athlete. And Sharife, obviously we we’ve known about him since high school and college. I was really impressed that he started to make it tough on me defensively just picking me up, being physical. That was something that I needed him to do to get me better. I’ve been impressed with that so far.

ZH: Before we get out of here, I do have to ask you about Trae Young. What was your opinion on Trae before you got here compared to now after being around him first hand for a month or so?

DW: Yeah, he was more humble than I thought he would be honestly. Because when you’re playing against him, he’s doing all the shimmies and all that stuff. I never had talked to him before in my life, so I’m just going based off of how he was on the court.

ZH: Yeah, like nutmegging people and stuff.

DW: Yeah, like doing all those things. So I thought he was cocky. But he’s been super humble since day one. We started to build a relationship, was just with him at the baseball game. He’s super chill, super super humble. So that was definitely something that I would say was surprising.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Delon will be a fantabulous asset in post season, imo. Love his playoff resume', love it that we've got him in what generally should be considered a given player's prime years, not too old, not too young.

I know there's a lot of Cooper optimism, and to some degree I share that, but I would have been eager to work out a year or two of extension with Wright--since Cooper will be dirt cheap anyhow, and LouWill is knocking on the AARP door.

• Like 1

Comment last night, "Compared to the other Hawk PGs, he's a big old boy!"

He's listed as 4 inches taller than Coop or Trae.  Mention was made of his defensive ability.  It will take some time for all of our new guys to fit in.  I believe he will be fine.

Rebound, handle the ball well, get the second unit into their plays and, finally, score some points.  In game one, Hawks second unit looked really good.  

:hi:

• Like 3