• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jalen Johnson may be better than De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish

TheNorthCydeRises

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Haliburton would have been the perfect backcourt mate for Trae.  He's what they thought they were getting with Dejounte, and he would have been a better fit because he's much more of a willing spot up shooter than Dejounte.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Haliburton would have been the perfect backcourt mate for Trae.  He's what they thought they were getting with Dejounte, and he would have been a better fit because he's much more of a willing spot up shooter than Dejounte.  

Who I wanted for sure.  Made a ton of sense too.  

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He reportedly told the Hawks to not pick him because they had too many guards on the roster.  

I get why we didn't pick him and I also think he has pretty significantly exceeded what most GMs expected him to be.  (I say the latter based on where he was actually picked and that teams didn't see him as being worth trading up to get).

DeAndre I feel could benefit from a offense that lets him be either the first or second primary scorer.  I really believe that.  Jalen has higher overall upside because he is more physical at the rim which is a very weak point of Hunter's game.  Cam Reddish shouldn't even be in the discussion.  Too inconsistent for no reason.

atlanta-hawks-hawks.gif

I see too much of this with Hunter at the rim:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Correction:  Since Bud bailed on the Hawks because he wanted to contend and didn't want to teach a bunch of young players through a rebuild (caused in large part by the action and inaction of Budcox the GM).

Speaking of Bud, why hasn't a coach that won a championship recently, not been hired by anyone?

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Speaking of Bud, why hasn't a coach that won a championship recently, not been hired by anyone?

That is a legit good question.  He is better than a lot of coaches currently employed.  If there is something going on outside of basketball then I can't speculate on that.  But it is strange.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

19 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is a legit good question.  He is better than a lot of coaches currently employed.  If there is something going on outside of basketball then I can't speculate on that.  But it is strange.

Think he's taking this year off. I've seen his name mentioned for the Nets. Has ties to Sean Marks from their SAS days.

13 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He has a lot of personal issues last year. He needs a couple of years away from Basketball to work on himself 

If Jalen continues growth like this I believe his ceiling is similar to Giannis. Albeit a smaller better shooting Giannis. Definitely has superstar potential.

One of the reasons I believe this, he only has one mode of play and that’s with aggressive attentiveness that you need to achieve that level. From there it’s just about using your skills throughout the game.

I’m super excited.

a 20-10-5 season next year cements my theory

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
On 2/22/2024 at 9:40 AM, AHF said:

I get why we didn't pick him and I also think he has pretty significantly exceeded what most GMs expected him to be.  (I say the latter based on where he was actually picked and that teams didn't see him as being worth trading up to get).

He emphatically did not want to play for us and Cleveland. He told both of those front offices point blank not to draft him. Tough to blame the FO when that's the situation.

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He emphatically did not want to play for us and Cleveland. He told both of those front offices point blank not to draft him. Tough to blame the FO when that's the situation.

While you hate passing on outstanding players in the draft, he isn’t one I’ve thought about very much.  It isn’t like with the Marvin or Sheldon pick where I had massive regret for what the GM did.

• 2 weeks later...