• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jalen Johnson may be better than De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish

TheNorthCydeRises

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Also while strolling down memory lane, I found a couple gems from AHF & Jay shooting down my proposal of trading JC + a FRP to move up to get Ant Edwards.

IMG_5398.thumb.jpeg.e292c37a5363d7d3643a9750faa50234.jpeg

IMG_5399.thumb.jpeg.1b9ed67589389a65574a6c6207914a98.jpeg

IMG_5400.thumb.jpeg.39d2e98bb98e056a79e33e2c673fa08a.jpeg

GOLD JERRY! Pure Gold!

lol receipts like these show how much homerism there is in all of us.  Look at those likes for ...JC... we're always partial to guys we drafted but damn, everyone was agreeing too so this isn't a shot at AHF and Jay.  And now Edwards looks like one of the best players in the NBA and JC is a $25M bench piece

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

lol receipts like these show how much homerism there is in all of us.  Look at those likes for ...JC... we're always partial to guys we drafted but damn, everyone was agreeing too so this isn't a shot at AHF and Jay.  And now Edwards looks like one of the best players in the NBA and JC is a $25M bench piece

It's all hindsight though.  JC had just had a 21/10 season shooting 40% from 3.  It wasn't a wild take that it wasn't a good draft.  Ant was not that highly regarded coming in.  I loved him and thought he'd be great for us but I honestly didn't know if that was just homerism or not.  I liked him because if you knew his history it's amazing that he'd even be in the conversation for #1 pick at his age and bball experience. 

: Edwards has been projected as the top pick by NBADraft.net for over a year … He was seen as a favorite to be the 1st pick in the 2020 Draft by the masses shortly after the lottery order was confirmed, and if you watch him play you can see the reasons why … Blessed with explosive athleticism and a NBA ready body at 19 years old, as well as a nice looking jumper, he has the ability to be molded into a formidable scorer and player in the NBA … He struggled defensively and did little to show that he should be viewed as a combo guard in college though, looking like a wing who was more likely to hunt his shot than make his teammates better … In addition, Edwards will have to answer why UGA squad was uncharacteristically bad for a team with a potential lottery pick on their roster … While his effectiveness could improve with less of a burden to carry, it may be concerning to some teams picking in the top part of the lottery that he’s projected as a potential franchise player but struggled so much when asked to lead his college team much like a franchise player would … Still, Edwards offers a formidable combination of size and athleticism that could see a team strike it rich if they can harness his talent and work on some of his correctable weaknesses, particularly on defense …

33 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Not everyone, but yeah.. lol

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's all hindsight though.  JC had just had a 21/10 season shooting 40% from 3.  It wasn't a wild take that it wasn't a good draft.  Ant was not that highly regarded coming in.  I loved him and thought he'd be great for us but I honestly didn't know if that was just homerism or not.  I liked him because if you knew his history it's amazing that he'd even be in the conversation for #1 pick at his age and bball experience. 

Framing it as hindsight is a huge disservice to the people who were calling out JCs flaws at the time and circumstances through which his production was coming in.  And Ant might not have had media hype, but he had big supporters who loved him as a prospect -- calling it hindsight now is also a disservice to them. 

I think "hindsight" should be used in the context of cases like: sign a player to a one year deal, they get hurt, now hindsight says we shouldn't have done that.  Or if a player wildly regresses in his skill set that is unpredictable.  It's not fair to call it hindsight when ppl see JC is flawed as a player, and then he eventually gets exposed for being a very flawed player.  

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Framing it as hindsight is a huge disservice to the people who were calling out JCs flaws at the time and circumstances through which his production was coming in.  And Ant might not have had media hype, but he had big supporters who loved him as a prospect -- calling it hindsight now is also a disservice to them. 

I think "hindsight" should be used in the context of cases like: sign a player to a one year deal, they get hurt, now hindsight says we shouldn't have done that.  Or if a player wildly regresses in his skill set that is unpredictable.  It's not fair to call it hindsight when ppl see JC is flawed as a player, and then he eventually gets exposed for being a very flawed player.  

i think huge disservice is overstating it a bit.  The proposal was JC and a first for the first pick so i don't think that was based at all on a view that JC was a flawed player.  It was based on the desire to have Ant and a view that JC was really valuable.  Can you imagine someone dropping out of the top spot in any draft for 1 later first round pick and a flawed player?  

My point is we're framing this based on what we know about JC and Ant now. 

I'm not trying to knock Bird_dirt at all.  It was a helluva a call all the way around.  Not that Minny would have pulled the trigger on it.  But man we should have thrown the kitchen sink at it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, thecampster said:

Quote: "There is no reason not to believe that if given starter minutes he can't average 15/8/3 and 35% from 3."

JJ stats today:  15.3/8.1/2.7 and 41.5% from 3.

John Collins this season: 13.7/7.8/.8 and 37.3% from 3.

Collins last season for us: 13.1/6.5/1.2 and 29% from 3.

I think the debate is over.

JJ probably finishes the season closer to 18/9/3.

Yikes you whiffed it on the 3p% bro🤷😝

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, txsting said:

Strong brotherly bond between Jalen and Dejounte that I didn't know about (from Peachtree hoops):

“Dejounte came in and immediately was a big brother to me,” said Johnson of Murray. “Took me under his wing, gave me advice. Right now we’re really close. Having that guy, having that leader to get on you when he knows you’re not doing what you’re capable of. If I pass up on the shot he’s that guy getting on me in the timeout ‘Shoot the ball, shoot the ball, you’re in the gym working on that.’ He sees me working. Having Dejounte around this year that was great personally and for my growth.”

Similarly, Murray shared how he felt about Johnson and how he gravitated to him.

“That’s my guy,” said Murray of Johnson. “I told him I’ll be around. I want him to work out where I’m going to be. Told him I want him to come with his boys, his family, whoever he wants just to come be around. I really appreciate who he is as a person. That’s one thing I look into people. I don’t care how good you are at basketball, or whatever you do. Who you are, how you treat people — I see the way he would treat a janitor, the coach, the GM, the owner, you treat them all equally. That’s important for me, that’s how I live by. For him, I just see a great person and a guy with a great work ethic. I told him ‘Don’t rush greatness, don’t rush your journey. Enjoy the ups and downs, the playing, the not playing because it’s bound to happen for you. Anything you dreamed of if you continue to work and be a great person it will all happen. That’s my guy, I want the best for him and I’m going to support him until I can’t no more.”

One reason I hope we can make the Trae/JJ/DJ combo work. Obviously we aren’t there by any means, but one can hope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Jalen is scoping out the new Hawksquawk ad banners.  Russian brides just popped up today:

image.png.d722fabdac6c7a9178342a082eb7f203.png

Hey she’s @warcore’s!!!!!! You leave her alone!!!! 😡 You can pick her up from the airport but no hanky panky. 

Ps She is Predrag Drobnjak’s sister 👩 good luck 🍀..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey she’s @warcore’s!!!!!! You leave her alone!!!!

well yeah, but.... I don't remember telling you about that Squd? 🤔

But yeah - Iryna (Ih-dee-nuh) is great. She tells me all these cool things to say in Russian.

Although, she has no idea I only have her around to try and make Lauren Jbara jealous. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, warcore said:

Although, she has no idea I only have her around to try and make Lauren Jbara jealous. 

Hey… been there done that. Ugh 😑 

Doesn’t feel great to be paraded around as a trophy 🏆 pretty boy 👦 ja feel? :jesus:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, warcore said:

Lauren Jbara

I bet she has cute toes. I’m just puttin that out there. I don’t have a foot 🦶 fearing per se but pretty pedi’s never hurt. She looks like she’s got nice red painted ones with symmetrically balanced toes that start tallest to shortest big to pinky. I mentioned I wasn’t a toe guy right? :huh:

Ummm 🤨..

Go Hawks!!!

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

No way! There’s no way. 😂 is that why @kg01 keeps getting chip n Dale ads? 

image.gif.8495c34db3ec5195e58b9434a5473a0d.gif

Eh, mine would be closer to Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers. 🤓

3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Well dang. I do all this work to get my Iryna ad and somehow warcore ends up with her.  He’s just using her to get Lauren Jbarra. I was looking for love.

This thread delivers.

Mods are confused AF tho.  "Do we step in here?"  "Is it gonna go too far?"  "Shhh, oh sh*t, kg's involved?!"

😲

• Haha 3