• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What do you guys think of Cam as backup 1

Spud2nique

• Premium Member

What would Wright do?  How about Lemon Pepper?

Honestly, I don't know much about Wright's PGing ability.   But I'm really interested in seeing what we have in Coop.   On principal, i have to say no to Cam.   And that's because he dominates the ball. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cam is better at getting the ball once the ball handler is in half court, getting the ball and going to work or looking to create for others 

Ya I think it just works in 2K because I iso cam a lot and it opens shooters when they double because the opposing back PG is checking him and too small. Cam just works them.

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

And in this case, it's not worth much. He has neither the handle nor the passing vision to play the point guard position at the NBA level. 

We would disagree on the handles part because I've seen workout videos prior to him being drafted that are pretty jaw-dropping. And I can't say either way about the vision part, though I get why that would be the natural conclusion, of course. He's just not been in anything resembling a primary ball handler role since HS, and Duke was stocked with PGs that Krzyzewski preferred. So, I grant that your inclination about court vision is more likely than not, but I'm not one to reach any conclusions without Reddish actually being put in that position. Indeed, he may not be probably isn't backup PG material, but he's also probably better suited than anyone ordinarily would think.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

I'm sure most know this, but I'll mention it anyhow, that Cam had been considered a PG until he got to Duke. Fwiw.

Cam's HS tape is why I thought he could be a primary ball handler and playmaker, but he was taken off the ball at Duke and turned in to a spot up shooter. 

I still like his ability to score off the dribble, but creating shots for others is not something he has done much of in a long time. At best, his Paul George comparison rings true and he is somewhere between 3 to 5 assists a game as a ball dominant wing. But as a "Point Guard" I don't think that ever happens again. Nor does it need to on with this roster

• Like 1

We should let Cam run the point for a full game to put this absurdity to bed. Vegas would put the number on his under/over turnovers at at least 10. Playing point in the NBA is really hard. We look at Cam's highlights and ignore his lowlights. Starting point guards aren't afforded the luxury of too many lowlights, they have to set the tempo and run the offense. 

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

put this absurdity to bed

You're welcome to your opinion, of course, that it's an "absurdity."

My opinion, fwiw, is that I have no opinion unless/until, indeed, I would see him being asked to be a primary ball handler. And/but no, not just for one game. There's plenty of rookie PGs that come into the league with turnover problems. IIRC, Trae was one. Think Dennis, too. It would need to be a situation where Cam was being depended upon for that role for half a season.

That's not happening, of course. So, I'll remain comfortable with the unknown, and also comfortable with your decision that you do know w/o empirical evidence. Not an important issue.