• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

This is good to hear.  

Hopefully this kills the noise on here that he is down in the G-League pouting and playing poorly on defense on purpose.

Maybe, just maybe, he is a young player and genuinely just sucks on defense right now. Let him get his reps in so he can grow his awareness and BBIQ. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Hopefully this kills the noise on here that he is down in the G-League pouting and playing poorly on defense on purpose.

Maybe, just maybe, he is a young player and genuinely just sucks on defense right now. Let him get his reps in so he can grow his awareness and BBIQ. 

I did hear someone say he wasn't happy being down there.  That claimed they had a source with college park. I don't think it's the happy being in the g league, but not excited about the bus rides and the hotel situation.  G League is far from the NBA life. 

I think he needs to learn how to pick up his effort on the defense end, but the film is damning. 

28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hey!  How'd we lose Galloway to the Nets?  Insiders?!  

Because, unlike baseball minor leagues, the home NBA team has no say so on any player EXCEPT their two 2 way players.  

:cry:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Haha, anybody see the end to that LAL/DAL game.  Mavs, up 3 get the defensive stop.  Then 2 Mavs fight over the rebound which squirts out to a laker who drills the 3 to send it to overtime.  Haha..

And, if you think we're disappointing, get a load of the Lakers who are about to lose to the Loooka-less Mavs.  Eep

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Stahp it!

What about one of these two? 

Whaaaaat?  Hart would be a good guard to add.  Basically a younger, less shy version of Wright.

Could we get either of them Portland boys for the low-low?  I'm more than willing to deal our 1sts with some lite protection.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hawks need to go get Josh Hart.  Insiders?  #blinkblinkblink

13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Stahp it!

What about one of these two? 

All these guys have $12 mil +/- contracts.  Nurkic and Covington are expiring after this season.  

The OKC 2022 1st (lottery protected then 2 2nds) is what I'll willingly put on the table.  Wright plus small filler (cough, cough -  LOLomon) to match salaries.

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Whaaaaat?  Hart would be a good guard to add.  Basically a younger, less shy version of Wright.

Could we get either of them Portland boys for the low-low?  I'm more than willing to deal our 1sts with some lite protection.

OKC 1st since they are expiring contracts.

• Like 1

I don't know where this belongs but I just have to say, I'm really lamenting not getting Anthony Edwards. 

The kid is a bonafide stud on and off the court. He would have been perfect next to Trae, both personality wise and as a secondary star. Heck, they would be 1a and 1b most nights.

He is hilarious, and a natural in front of the cameras, which would have allowed Trae to be his more chill quiet self instead of the main face.

Its all a fantasy at this point but I would have traded 2 of our young wings and the 6th pick to go up and grab him. Our back court would be set for life.

Flame me

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I don't know where this belongs but I just have to say, I'm really lamenting not getting Anthony Edwards. 

The kid is a bonafide stud on and off the court. He would have been perfect next to Trae, both personality wise and as a secondary star. Heck, they would be 1a and 1b most nights.

He is hilarious, and a natural in front of the cameras, which would have allowed Trae to be his more chill quiet self instead of the main face.

Its all a fantasy at this point but I would have traded 2 of our young wings and the 6th pick to go up and grab him. Our back court would be set for life.

Flame me

We already covered this during the draft. Minny wasn’t trying to make a deal.

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I like Nurkic.  Not sure why they are getting rid of him.   with OO back though not sure we will need him.   

OO will make us look really improved all around, he’s THAT special. I was trying to tell you all since I saw him at USC a few years back, he’s that alpha like Trae.

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Nurkic

If @kg01 and I are in the woods and a Bosnian bear 🐻 attacks us, I just have to be faster than kg, not Jusuf. Have you guys seen this load move on the court? It’s like something out of Greek mythology. Half man, half HOLY WHAT IN THE WORLD…

• Haha 3