• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

80s era sitcoms were the best, especially the golden girls.  

Agree, in general except the Golden Girls one.  I'm kinda ..

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47562btlnkwzzct4saue

on the GG's.  Their theme song was GOAT status tho.  80's era theme songs >>> any other music ever.

"Here we are .. face to face .. a couple of silver spoooons ..."

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47tjhff96dd8730w0kwc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Has anyone heard any updates on Hunter?  Today marks 7 weeks since surgery and I believe the original timeline was 8 weeks.  Will he be back for our next home game?

Back on Dec 14th, Schlenk said he was 2 to 3 weeks away from returning to action 

That would be tomorrow based on Schlenk, who we all know is over zealous when it comes to injury timelines.

What I have come to realize is that whatever timeline they put out to the public is usually just the time frame we can expect them to return to working out with the team, not to the gameday lineup. So my guess is that Deandre's ramp up period starts some time within the next week during the road trip or when we get back home. Which mean's he can start 1 on 1's, then 3 on 3's, and so forth. Apparently we don't get the chance to do a lot of 5 on 5's during the season, so that will hold him back a bit too depending on when we have time to do that. 

That being said, we have stretch of 11 Homes games and only 2 road games between Jan 12th and the 3rd of Feb. There is only 1 day off or less between each game, which means we don't get a ton of practice time for full court workouts. The only time we have 2 days off is when we get back from the road trip. That means he would get a full practice in if he has progressed to that, which may be too soon unless they are actually being honest with us.

My personal guess is that we see his return on a home game between the 17th (Bucks) and the 24th (Bulls) of this month. 

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Back on Dec 14th, Schlenk said he was 2 to 3 weeks away from returning to action 

That would be tomorrow based on Schlenk, who we all know is over zealous when it comes to injury timelines.

What I have come to realize is that whatever timeline they put out to the public is usually just the time frame we can expect them to return to working out with the team, not to the gameday lineup. So my guess is that Deandre's ramp up period starts some time within the next week during the road trip or when we get back home. Which mean's he can start 1 on 1's, then 3 on 3's, and so forth. Apparently we don't get the chance to do a lot of 5 on 5's during the season, so that will hold him back a bit too depending on when we have time to do that. 

That being said, we have stretch of 11 Homes games and only 2 road games between Jan 12th and the 3rd of Feb. There is only 1 day off or less between each game, which means we don't get a ton of practice time for full court workouts. The only time we have 2 days off is when we get back from the road trip. That means he would get a full practice in if he has progressed to that, which may be too soon unless they are actually being honest with us.

My personal guess is that we see his return on a home game between the 17th (Bucks) and the 24th (Bulls) of this month. 

Okongwu returned earlier than anticipated, would have been back even earlier if not for his father's passing.

The latest Hunter update from Dec. 28th.

I'm more optimistic in his return and anticipating he returns on January 12th at Home vs The Heat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Not likely.  Know why?  Because the NBA does hate the Hawks.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47t459h0yya9zr42hwvl

On a serious note, we're already probably bumping against HIPAA violations with saying these dudes have covid in the first place.  What next?  Y'all wanna copy of their pee samples too?  

:Bud: I'll take Kyle's pee samples, please.

:Korver: Again?!

NBA never said "they have covid".....Its health and safety protocols...No HIPPA violation there...

Besides, the NBA isnt getting info from your personal doctor.. Their own Doctors are doing the testing..

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Finally heard something and its the same thing I've been postulating on since the end of last season.  No less than 3 teams have called inquiring about Bogie....Lakers are one of the teams. No idea what they could offer, I haven't looked.  With teams starting to figure out where they'll be finishing the season, Gallo is getting some interest as well.

These are teams calling the Hawks, not Hawks calling other teams, but the word is we're listening to make it easier to sign Hunter/Cam offseason.

Edited: One thought here. Any trade involving the Lakers would almost certainly require a 3rd party.

Lakers only have Horten-Tucker ($11) and Nunn ($5) as 'Young pieces', no available picks until 2027 I think.  

Any idea who the other two teams are interested in Bogi?

11 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Finally heard something and its the same thing I've been postulating on since the end of last season.  No less than 3 teams have called inquiring about Bogie....Lakers are one of the teams. No idea what they could offer, I haven't looked.  With teams starting to figure out where they'll be finishing the season, Gallo is getting some interest as well.

These are teams calling the Hawks, not Hawks calling other teams, but the word is we're listening to make it easier to sign Hunter/Cam offseason.

Edited: One thought here. Any trade involving the Lakers would almost certainly require a 3rd party.

Well Bullocks. I think I know where he got it.  https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2022/01/01/nba-rumors-lakers-hawks-trade-involves-bogdan-bogdanovic/  Waiting on a text back to see if this is where he got it or if a writer is floating something leaked to him.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lakers only have Horten-Tucker ($11) and Nunn ($5) as 'Young pieces', no available picks until 2027 I think.  

No and word is this is not where he got it but that doesn't mean it isn't where it came from 2nd hand.

The article says they have their 2025 1st.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And THT is awful.....Lakers fans turned on this dude quick.. lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Horten Tucker is shooting 21% from 3....that's 'Bad Reddish' territory.....yikes.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

No and word is this is not where he got it but that doesn't mean it isn't where it came from 2nd hand.

The article says they have their 2025 1st.

Read article, thanks.

LAL pick status:

2023 first round draft pick to New Orleans (swap, New Orleans incoming)
New Orleans has the right to swap its 2023 1st round pick for the L.A. Lakers' 2023 1st round pick [L.A. Lakers-New Orleans-Washington, 7/6/2019]

2024 first round draft pick to New Orleans
L.A. Lakers' 2024 1st round pick to New Orleans or New Orleans has the right to instead receive the L.A. Lakers' 2025 1st round pick [L.A. Lakers-New Orleans-Washington, 7/6/2019]

So I think since they have these picks tied up in this fashion the earliest they can offer a pick is 2027, since they can't trade a pick in 2026.

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Okongwu returned earlier than anticipated, would have been back even earlier if not for his father's passing.

The latest Hunter update from Dec. 28th.

I'm more optimistic in his return and anticipating he returns on January 12th at Home vs The Heat.

True with OO. But he is an outlier, and he also had been saying for months that he was going to return earlier than planned. His aim was always December while the team kept saying January. 

I'd much rather keep my expectations lower and be surprised than getting antsy when I don't see guys back on time. 

Most of the time shooting around doesn't mean much. These guys have to get live full court reps in before they see a live game.

OO playing in the G-League was a huge sign that he was ready to return. Once Dre starts 3 on 3 workouts is when we can start counting down. Because after that it's either 5 on 5's or the G-League and then he will be back in the lineup.

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Denver?

Bogi and Lou for Monte Morris and Will Barton. Fix the backup PG position for the next 3 years and add another scorer off the bench for this season. Barton can be moved in offseason.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Denver?

Bogi and Lou for Monte Morris and Will Barton. Fix the backup PG position for the next 3 years and add another scorer off the bench for this season. Barton can be moved in offseason.

You'd probably have to include a pick(s) in this deal. Monte Morris is having a career season, and Will Barton is averaging 15, 5, and 4. Both Lou and Bogi have underperformed this season, so I would be genuinely shocked if Denver accepts that offer straight up. 

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Denver?

Dont make me go to trade machine.. lol