• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Gettin' Cavalier with today's game (postponed)

kg01

9 minutes ago, swanlee said:

This is what happens when dumb people do not get vaccinated and then we have variants that mutate. We might be dealing with this for the next decade if dumb people still refuse to do anything to help prevent covid spread. 

That's not entirely true. It's more complex than that. Even if everyone were 100% vaccinated the virus can still mutate. Vaccine mostly primes our immune system, it doesn't halt the virus. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

My reaction ...

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47p74hzexi7b0ao4hwvlf

.. I mean ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47jsrj7sgkr98hr2e0j0

Honestly, I need the break. Lol. More time with the nephew without having to turn off my notifications, watch the game later and watch the Hawks do well for 3 quarters then fall apart and it’s midnight. :laugh1: Meanwhile trying to screenshot JC pics to prove my Kemp post, then having Terrell playing Monday morning QB. 

Oh, now I find out YouTube tv no longer carries BSPN! We have what less than a handful of games with them, sadly one is Xmas 🎅 so if you see a dude leering 👀 through your window be kind. :sarcastic:

Seriously, it’ll be 9am on Xmas day 🎅. They couldn’t even make it effective Jan. 1 huh?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, swanlee said:

This is what happens when dumb people do not get vaccinated and then we have variants that mutate. We might be dealing with this for the next decade if dumb people still refuse to do anything to help prevent covid spread. 

I don’t want to get into this because it turns political and goes every which way but as a society, we didn’t work as a team initially and that hurt us.

First sign of this we should have shut everything down and stayed home for a month. Easier said that done and mainly in theory but I’ve learned to overcome some judgement about individuals and this whole Covid crisis in general, each case is separate and people do what they gotta do at this time I guess. Just saying I wish we were a closer knit 🧶 society. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

That's not entirely true. It's more complex than that. Even if everyone were 100% vaccinated the virus can still mutate. Vaccine mostly primes our immune system, it doesn't halt the virus. 

True.  It'd probably be more accurate to say this is what happens when (dumb, selfish, etc.?) people don't want to wear masks or take other precautions that help stop the spread.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Honestly, I need the break. Lol. More time with the nephew without having to turn off my notifications, watch the game later and watch the Hawks do well for 3 quarters then fall apart and it’s midnight. :laugh1: Meanwhile trying to screenshot JC pics to prove my Kemp post, then having Terrell playing Monday morning QB. 

Oh, now I find out YouTube tv no longer carries BSPN! We have what less than a handful of games with them, sadly one is Xmas 🎅 so if you see a dude leering 👀 through your window be kind. :sarcastic:

Seriously, it’ll be 9am on Xmas day 🎅. They couldn’t even make it effective Jan. 1 huh?

Oh man, they better pull some viral strings to make sure we have Trae on Christmas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

True.  It'd probably be more accurate to say this is what happens when (dumb, selfish, etc.?) people don't want to wear masks or take other precautions that help stop the spread.

I'm not big on characterizing people as dumb or selfish, and cloth masks don't work that well. They honestly don't. Let me ask you a question. When someone farts can you smell it? Yes you can. Even through their underwear and pants, you can still smell a fart. It just goes to show how difficult it is to stop an airborne particle.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not big on characterizing people as dumb or selfish, and cloth masks don't work that well. They honestly don't. Let me ask you a question. When someone farts can you smell it? Yes you can. Even through their underwear and pants, you can still smell a fart. It just goes to show how difficult it is to stop an airborne particle.

Yeah, like @JeffS17said, its the droplets mayne.

Unless you're telling me I'm walking around suckin up a** drops when you unleash your silent butt deadly's. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

They work by containing peoples saliva, whether that's from spitting while you're talking, coughing, sneezing, or just breathing out droplets.  Transmission is mostly through droplets, not airborne.

I'm skeptical that cloth masks make a big impact. Particles, droplets, moisture, it's very hard to mitigate those things with a simple cloth barrier. Half the time people aren't even wearing them correctly. Medical grade n95 masks are significantly better, and do a much better job. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I'm skeptical that cloth masks make a big impact. Particles, droplets, moisture, it's very hard to mitigate those things with a simple cloth barrier. Half the time people aren't even wearing them correctly. Medical grade n95 masks are significantly better, and do a much better job. 

Basic cloth masks stop droplets fine.  Obviously it's an issue if you have malicious compliance or people that are ignorant and do not know how to cover their mouth and nose, but they are more than adequate for stopping the main issue which is droplets.  N95 removes the miniscule chance you'll catch it airborne but it's not that much more helpful (for Covid-19 specifically).  I know early on N95s were pushed hard before we knew the transmission but now it's pretty well documented.

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Sassy GIF - Keep My Name Out Of Your Mouth GIFs

• Haha 1

On 12/19/2021 at 9:10 PM, JeffS17 said:

Basic cloth masks stop droplets fine.  Obviously it's an issue if you have malicious compliance or people that are ignorant and do not know how to cover their mouth and nose, but they are more than adequate for stopping the main issue which is droplets.  N95 removes the miniscule chance you'll catch it airborne but it's not that much more helpful (for Covid-19 specifically).  I know early on N95s were pushed hard before we knew the transmission but now it's pretty well documented.

Actually, medical experts are finally admitting that cloth masks dont work very well.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/cloth-masks-useless-omicron-expert-b1980394.html

• Premium Member

It sounds like the Magic have a ton of people hurt or out with covid. I hope they postpone the Magic game. Every game we can push back until we get our guys back is worth it. The East is going to be a dogfight all year long just to make the playoffs...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

It sounds like the Magic have a ton of people hurt or out with covid. I hope they postpone the Magic game. Every game we can push back until we get our guys back is worth it. The East is going to be a dogfight all year long just to make the playoffs...

But if we have more guys than them, we would have the advantage. 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Actually, medical experts are finally admitting that cloth masks dont work very well.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/cloth-masks-useless-omicron-expert-b1980394.html

Interesting -- they don't really address the droplet argument which is what I had seen and read up until this.  My understanding was that airborne particles aren't as dangerous not because they can't get through your mask but because you aren't exposed to as high of a viral load as you are with droplet transmission.  Maybe Omicron is seeing higher rates of airborne transmission?  The fact viral particles can get through cloth masks isn't new news -- before the argument was always that it didn't really matter.  Wish the article went into a little more detail... this one doctor is cited in like 5 different news articles without much explanation. 

• Like 1