• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

1 hour ago, High5 said:

Luka's too good for the trade to ever look lopsided in our favor. It would just be nice for people to stop saying we got robbed. 

Both Luka and Trae can be offensive HOF players as 3rd year pros. That's insane. Maybe even this year. That's unheard of in the new generation where guys aren't as polished entering the NBA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Penny/Webber trade?

Vince/Antoine Jamison trade?

Webber/Penny is the one I thought along with the Ray Ray for Starbury. A couple others...

Before my time:

Bill Russell for Cliff Hagan and Ed MacCauley. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We can’t forget Supes fav!

Minny/Memphis:

Kevin Love + pieces

for

Ovinton J’Anthony Mayo+ pieces

😆 I kid Supes! But seriously where is he now?

Once again, O.J. was only my fav for the cost and that particular role at particular season with the Hawks. He was cheap, we had the perfect role, and he was available. I would have rather about 40 other guys but if none of them are available at a reasonable price, it's just wishful thinking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AHF said:

I like the Penny / Webber one.  Jamison was not a real star, IMO.  He was the best player on his team maybe one or two years in his entire career.  He had a Charles Oakley type of impact (less D, more scoring).  Vince, Penny and Webber were legit stars.

Starbury for Ray Allen is another one given how highly a lot of people think of both of them.  I personally think Minnesota lost that trade.

Fun fact:

Antawn Jamison is one of 22 players in the NBA who have scored 20,000 points and grabbed 8,000 rebounds.  And 21 of those those are either currently in the Hall of Fame, or will be in the Hall when they retire . . . with the exception of maybe Antawn.

But if you add the parameter of 3 point shooting, there are only 5 players who have scored 20K, grabbed 8K rebs, and shot 34% from 3,

- Lebron

- Dirk

- Bird

- Pau Gasol

- and Antawn Jamison

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Once again, O.J. was only my fav for the cost and that particular role at particular season with the Hawks. He was cheap, we had the perfect role, and he was available. I would have rather about 40 other guys but if none of them are available at a reasonable price, it's just wishful thinking. 

Yup..I remember you saying OJ was in the wrong system. No doubt I understood ur narrative. 

47 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I still don’t get why people act like we traded the top pick for Luka. Phoenix and Sacramento passed on both players. Luka and Trae are the best players in that draft so far IMO.

Regardless, you get a lot of hot takes based on production from two weeks of play. Trae has really only had 3 full games so far. It seems like a long time ago that he was Eastern Conference POTW. Luka has been great, but he’s played a lot more. 

I think once we settle into midseason this narrative will somewhat go away, and we will see a much better Reddish. I still love the trade.

To be clear, I’m happy with Trae and have hope for Cam. But Luka is looking like the next big thing so it’s unlikely popular opinion ever says we “won” the trade even if Cam turns into a solid/good player. He’d have to turn into an outright star.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, cam1218 said:

I still don’t get why people act like we traded the top pick for Luka. Phoenix and Sacramento passed on both players. Luka and Trae are the best players in that draft so far IMO.

Regardless, you get a lot of hot takes based on production from two weeks of play. Trae has really only had 3 full games so far. It seems like a long time ago that he was Eastern Conference POTW. Luka has been great, but he’s played a lot more. 

I think once we settle into midseason this narrative will somewhat go away, and we will see a much better Reddish. I still love the trade.

And I doubt we move up for Hunter without the extra draft pick from the Mavs. So we actually got Trae, Reddish, and Hunter. for Luka.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, High5 said:

To be clear, I’m happy with Trae and have hope for Cam. But Luka is looking like the next big thing so it’s unlikely popular opinion ever says we “won” the trade even if Cam turns into a solid/good player. He’d have to turn into an outright star.

Trae is playing with a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players. Put him on a that team with another Allstar  and I bet he looks just as good...Dallas has the 3rd oldest roster in the NBA..A lot of good veterans on that squad .. THeyre in more of a win now mode than we are atm..So people comparing him to Luka right now arent being fair imo. Trae needs another one of the young Hawks to step up ..Whether it be REddish/Hunter/Collins/Huerter or next years 1st rdr is tbd...When we find that other star look out....YOu need at least 2 imo..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Bill Russell for Cliff Hagan and Ed MacCauley. 

Please stop that guy. I don't even remember that one since it goes back to about my date of birth but it still pains the Hawk's fan in me anyway. That is truly a colossally historic blunder there.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The Mavs starting five isn't that old though 

Brunson

Wright

Doncic

Powell and sometimes Kleber.

KP

They have a young team core wise

The guys that screw with their average age are Barea at 35 and Curry at 29 I believe but your right the starters aren’t as old but KP definitely gives them a guy who has previously made an all star team whereas we don’t have one yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Please stop that guy. I don't even remember that one since  it goes back to about my date of birth but it still pains the Hawks fan in me anyway. That is truly a colossally historic blunder there.

😞 I know. It’s hard to swallow. Then 20 years later the Dr. J thing. I’ll give myself a TO 😊 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

😞 I know. It’s hard to swallow. Then 20 years later the Dr. J thing. I’ll give myself a TO 😊 

Throw in a bit of David Thompson and Marvin Webster and where in hell is the justice. This league bias stuff against the Hawks didn't start just yesterday you know.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Please stop that guy. I don't even remember that one since it goes back to about my date of birth but it still pains the Hawk's fan in me anyway. That is truly a colossally historic blunder there.

Yeah, it is a tough pill to swallow but on the plus side we did get a HOFer and a championship over the Celtics out of the deal so it wasn't a total whitewash but it is impossible to call that one anything but a win for the Edit: Celts b******ds from beantown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1