• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Moderators

Probably less about "clutch play" and more about Duke actually running some action to give him a good look when they were trailing and needed 3's to come back.  When they were winning, they largely just ran everything around Zion and Barrett and Reddish took the red-headed-stepchild leftovers.   (I'm speculating on this.)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Probably less about "clutch play" and more about Duke actually running some action to give him a good look when they were trailing and needed 3's to come back.  When they were winning, they largely just ran everything around Zion and Barrett and Reddish took the red-headed-stepchild leftovers.   (I'm speculating on this.)

Sadly as a Duke fan, this is actually accurate 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I think that Cam has elusive quickness, much like a great NFL running back, that will serve him well as he drives inside.  How well he hits his free throws will help determine how well he does.  Also, he must learn how to get inside and get his shot off without getting it blocked.  Maybe he needs to copy Trae's floater.

So much to learn.  Remember, he has had very little time.  He's going to be very special one day soon.  And, so will our entire roster!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

That’s a mad 😡 strong 💪🏾 post Gramps. A floater of Cam’s like Trae? I dig it! And ur right about his ft as much of his game is slashing  and drawing fouls. Get ur shades on we are looking at a bright future in the ATL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

So the first few games have followed my general assessment....Cam is going to take some time. One day...he is going to be very good and the Young/Reddish for Doncic trade is going to look incredibly lopsided. That day just isn't today. He's really got to work on those feet and popping up on the pull-up and not gliding...bring the ball straight up in the jumper and not loose/angled. One on one defense has been better than advertised but he does get lost in switches and loses his man occasionally off-ball. It's just going to take time. IMHO, he'll make the biggest leap year 2 of this entire class. We just need to be patient.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, High5 said:

Luka's too good for the trade to ever look lopsided in our favor. It would just be nice for people to stop saying we got robbed. 

I think it will go down as a rare "win, win" trade.  It is looking good that both franchises will be defined by these two for the next decade.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, High5 said:

Luka's too good for the trade to ever look lopsided in our favor. It would just be nice for people to stop saying we got robbed. 

It's possible both Trae and Luka are generational talents. I don't know if that has ever happened in a draft day trade (drafted players, not veteran players).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It's possible both Trae and Luka are generational talents. I don't know if that has ever happened in a draft day trade (drafted players, not veteran players).

The Penny/Webber trade?

Vince/Antoine Jamison trade?

• Like 3

• Moderators

I like the Penny / Webber one.  Jamison was not a real star, IMO.  He was the best player on his team maybe one or two years in his entire career.  He had a Charles Oakley type of impact (less D, more scoring).  Vince, Penny and Webber were legit stars.

Starbury for Ray Allen is another one given how highly a lot of people think of both of them.  I personally think Minnesota lost that trade.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I meant more win-win trades. Jamison was pretty good in Washington until injuries.

That wasn't win/win.  Toronto was the big winner in that one because Vince was that much better than Antawn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

So the first few games have followed my general assessment....Cam is going to take some time. One day...he is going to be very good and the Young/Reddish for Doncic trade is going to look incredibly lopsided. That day just isn't today. He's really got to work on those feet and popping up on the pull-up and not gliding...bring the ball straight up in the jumper and not loose/angled. One on one defense has been better than advertised but he does get lost in switches and loses his man occasionally off-ball. It's just going to take time. IMHO, he'll make the biggest leap year 2 of this entire class. We just need to be patient.

I have Cam currently at a 5 on offense and a 8.5 on defense. Which is decent as I had Trae at a 7.5 on offense and a 5 on defense, this time last year. 

The end of November I had Trae at a 6.5 on offense and a 5 on defense but Trae finished the year at 9.5 on offense and a 5.5 on defense. 

I think Cam can gain a full point on defense and likely a point or 1.5 points on offense. He just needs to shoot at his college rates and continue to pass where he is getting 4-6 assists a game with only 2-3 turnovers which is a good mark. 

Cam is doing okay but he isn't really shooting even at an awful level yet. He is shooting down right non professional level right now but this should improve and hopefully soon.