• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

First I said ->

On 7/18/2019 at 6:55 PM, IheartVolt said:

This has reached trolling status. You can't possibly be serious with this Cam love.

Let me see if I get you hear? 

1. and I also have a chance to develop x-ray vision if dipped in a vat of toxic sludge....of course he has a chance...none of which means the nba is on fire.

2. His fugazi numbers are based on his performance on a team where he was the 3rd option and woke up better as a team than 80
% of teams they played. Of course he got easy shots and good numbers. That translates to the NBA how?

3. This is an apology, not a reason someone does something good.

4. Did you just cite Lonzo Ball as the reason another completely unrelated player who plays a complete different position as a reason?

5. Did you just cite a football player long retired as a reason a basketball rookie will succeed?

6. I can't even respond to a partial thought.

7. Based on what do you say it works well?

8. Totally opinion.

9. Opinion

10. Opinion

You might be right and if so, I need you to throw me the Mega Millions numbers.  Dude is a baller 3rd option at the college level but has produced nothing as a pro. Take your meds....Hell take my meds....something.

Then AHF said - >

ON 7/18/2019 AT 6:30 PM, THECAMPSTER SAID:

has produced nothing as a pro. 

This strikes me as an unfair criticism as this applies to every rookie in history even the ones who were ready to blow up immediately like Tim Duncan, Larry Bird, MJ, Magic, Big O, etc.

Then I replied - >  

ON 7/18/2019 AT 7:23 PM, AHF SAID:

This strikes me as an unfair criticism as this applies to every rookie in history even the ones who were ready to blow up immediately like Tim Duncan, Larry Bird, MJ, Magic, Big O, etc.

Or Anthony Bennett, Marvin Williams, random big stiff Euro, etc

This is no way is me "calling" him Anthony Bennett. This is me comparing AHF's comment of Tim Duncan, Larry Bird, MJ, Magic and Big O with Bennett and Williams.   But you're right, a fairer criticism would be to pick out the best 10 picks in history and compare him to them as well as the worst 10 and most hyped 10 picks in history.

These are the #10 picks over a 33 year span.  

2013 CJ McCollum Lehigh Portland
😂2012 Austin Rivers Duke New Orleans
😂2011 Jimmer Fredette BYU Milwaukee
2010 Paul George Fresno State Indiana
2009 Brandon Jennings Italy Milwaukee
2008 Brook Lopez Stanford New Jersey
2007 Spencer Hawes Washington Sacramento
😂2006 Mouhamed Saer Sene Senegal Seattle
2005 Andrew Bynum UConn HSSr. LA Lakers
😂2004 Luke Jackson Oregon Sr. Cleveland
😂2003 Jarvis Hayes Georgia Jr. Washington
😂2002 Caron Butler UConn So. Miami
2001 Joe Johnson Arkansas So. Boston
😂2000 Keyon Dooling Missouri So. Orlando
1999 Jason Terry Arizona Sr. Atlanta
1998 Paul Pierce Kansas Boston
🤣1997 Danny Fortson Cincinnati Milwaukee
1996 Erick Dampier Mississippi State Indiana
🤣1995 Kurt Thomas Texas Christian Miami
🤣1994 Eddie Jones Temple LA Lakers
🤣1993 Lindsey Hunter Jackson State Detroit
🤣1992 Adam Keefe Stanford

Atlanta

Well you get the point.  23 years...4 game changers

Brian Williams Arizona Orlando
1990 Rumeal Robinson Michigan Atlanta
1989 Pooh Richardson UCLA Minnesota
1988 Willie Anderson Georgia San Antonio
1987 Horace Grant Clemson Chicago
1986 Johnny Dawkins Duke San Antonio
1985 Ed Pinckney Villanova Phoenix
1984 Leon Wood Cal State-Fullerton Philadelphia
1983 Jeff Malone Mississippi State Washington
1982 Keith Edmonson Purdue Atlanta
1981 Albert King Maryland New Jersey
1980 Ronnie Lester
Edited by thecampster

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I have no idea why those names were even mentioned.  I was pointing out that no rookie had results in the NBA and so that was not a valid criticism of Cam.  I cited the names of some players who were instant studs in the NBA and pointed out that none of them had NBA experience prior to being in the NBA so lack of an NBA track record was a silly thing to even bring up when discussing someone who hasn't had the chance to play in the NBA yet.  While the studs I cited were mentioned in the thread, I wasn't comparing them to Cam just illustrating that not even the greatest players in NBA history could meet that standard.

campster responded by giving names of guys who had busted.  I don't think he was directly comparing them to Cam but they were logically irrelevant to the discussion (because the mere fact that some players without NBA experience bust doesn't mean anything when every player in NBA history fails to have pro experience before their first game).  Confusing.

• Like 1

When you mention those names and before that you called me a troll for this thread, I can't help but think you felt Cam was a bust and that you 100% agreed with it as those names would not have been mentioned. It was a clear pun to me

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I have no idea why those names were even mentioned.  I was pointing out that no rookie had results in the NBA and so that was not a valid criticism of Cam.  I cited the names of some players who were instant studs in the NBA and pointed out that none of them had NBA experience prior to being in the NBA so lack of an NBA track record was a silly thing to even bring up when discussing someone who hasn't had the chance to play in the NBA yet.  While the studs I cited were mentioned in the thread, I wasn't comparing them to Cam just illustrating that not even the greatest players in NBA history could meet that standard.

campster responded by giving names of guys who had busted.  I don't think he was directly comparing them to Cam but they were logically irrelevant to the discussion (because the mere fact that some players without NBA experience bust doesn't mean anything).  Confusing.

I don't find it confusing at all. Your statement is spot on. and honestly backed up my claim.  Anyone can turn out awesome. But all the players you mentioned were top picks...they didn't slide to 10.  Pretty much everything he originally stated in the thread were hyper inflated opinions but stated as statements of fact.  My original point and I'll restate it again, saying someone is going to set the NBA on fire and could be the best player in the NBA, and whatever crazy things he said throughout the thread is crazy inflation of a player who underachieved in 1 season of the college level, and the NCAA tournament.  Pump the brakes. He made claims the guy is replacing Huerter, will be better than Hunter and is the main reason we'll return to greatness. I couldn't read it all but I'm pretty sure he included will cure cancer and denuclearize the Middle East.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When you mention those names and before that you called me a troll for this thread, I can't help but think you felt Cam was a bust and that you 100% agreed with it as those names would not have been mentioned. It was a clear pun to me

OMFG....I said I thought he needed time to develop but would be a very good piece moving forward. Your beer goggles on this are amazing.  And you know I said it multiple times. What the freak is your agenda with Cam. He is not going to marry you no matter how many times you say his name....man its a long time till November.

The crazy thing is I really like you but you're bordering on Hallmark channel crazy love here.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I don't find it confusing at all. Your statement is spot on. and honestly backed up my claim.  Anyone can turn out awesome. But all the players you mentioned were top picks...they didn't slide to 10.  Pretty much everything he originally stated in the thread were hyper inflated opinions but stated as statements of fact.  My original point and I'll restate it again, saying someone is going to set the NBA on fire and could be the best player in the NBA, and whatever crazy things he said throughout the thread is crazy inflation of a player who underachieved in 1 season of the college level, and the NCAA tournament.  Pump the brakes. He made claims the guy is replacing Huerter, will be better than Hunter and is the main reason we'll return to greatness. I couldn't read it all but I'm pretty sure he included will cure cancer and denuclearize the Middle East.

I took bets that Cam will progress slower than Supes is projecting but I'm still confused why you were criticizing him for not having produced as a pro.  Is that just a vague way of saying that there is uncertainty in how a rookie will perform?  That is a truism but I won't disagree with that.  We wouldn't have had the exchange at all if you had said that directly. 

Some rookies perform the way Supes is projecting.  The vast, vast majority don't.  Kudos to him if he nails it on this one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I took bets that Cam will progress slower than Supes is projecting but I'm still confused why you were criticizing him for not having produced as a pro.  Is that just a vague way of saying that there is uncertainty in how a rookie will perform?  That is a truism but I won't disagree with that.  We wouldn't have had the exchange at all if you had said that directly. 

Some rookies perform the way Supes is projecting.  The vast, vast majority don't.  Kudos to him if he nails it on this one.

What I was "stating" was as a longer thread of things. He has given no indication that he is ready to harness his talent to near his full potential and he hasn't even played game one as a pro (same comment phrased differently in a different response).  Comment was...how about we see him in preseason, summer league, a game before stating he's the next love child of Pistol Pete and Oscar Robertson.  But the easy answer is it was said directly a few times....I've descended into hyperbole. 

Edited by thecampster
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

He’s mad at the rest of us for having a reasonable opinion about a prospect he’s over-enthusiastic about. 

It's the Al Hortford effect. Nasty nasty nasty condition

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

What I was "stating" was as a longer thread of things. He has given no indication that he is ready to harness his talent to near his full potential and he hasn't even played game one as a pro (same comment phrased differently in a different response).  Comment was...how about we see him in preseason, summer league, a game before stating he's the next love child of Pistol Pete and Oscar Robertson.  But the easy answer is it was said directly a few times....I've descended into hyperbole. 

You got trapped. It is easy to do. Anytime I mention Hunter the next reply and convo from Supes no matter what thread we are in, seems to end up going towards Reddish being better. Until I see Reddish actually do 1/2 of what Supes says he will ( best player in the NBA ), I am just going to stay away from it. Like you said, three months of this with no games will drive me up a wall.

Edited by Buzzard

13 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

You got trapped. It is easy to do. Anytime I mention Hunter the next reply and convo from Supes no matter what thread we are in, seems to end up going towards Reddish being better. Until I see Reddish actually do 1/2 of what Supes says he will ( best player in the NBA ), I am just going to stay away from it. Like you said, three months of this with no games will drive me up a wall.

Cut the shit Buzzard. You are the one had to cut from the entire Hunter/Reddish comparisons. Selective memory

Edited by NBASupes

5 hours ago, thecampster said:

You are writing a paragraph when I gave you the root of the issue. You called me a troll and then as a reply even if the context your opinion was that you were naming guys who bust. I was already on 10 by the negative energy you came in with. 

So even if you are correct, you never compared him to Bennett or a stiff euro. I will always take it as you did. Why, because of your negative energy. Simple as that. Hots and I used to carry a lot of negative energy on this site especially me about Josh Smith. Because of that people though I though Smoove was the worst player on the team when that was FAR from the case. I just hated him as the starter and felt he would be best off of the bench and that he never anywhere near as good as Horford. 

But that's not what people thought. Why? Because of my ENERGY. You might have been right. The context of your intentions might have been accurate but the energy already put me in a negative mood when it came to your takes so when you said Bennett/Marv and stiff euro. I didn't take it as an opposite. I took it for face value as how you really feel. 

It's not that damn complex. It's basic human behavior. You should know, you are feeling right now that I am being HARD on you and guess what, you're right but I don't have to say it. My energy shows it

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators

People are getting very personal on this thread.  Please remember:

1) We are all Hawks fans.

2) We will from time to time disagree on things.

3) We respond to the post; we don’t focus on the poster.

The thread will be locked if we can’t do this.  I’ve not issued any official warnings to posters but consider this the warning flag to pause before commenting on another poster or calling them out by name and either report them to the mods if they are out of line or rephrase your post to instead address the content of their post rather than the poster themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

People are getting very personal on this thread.  Please remember:

1) We are all Hawks fans.

2) We will from time to time disagree on things.

3) We respond to the post; we don’t focus on the poster.

The thread will be locked if we can’t do this.  I’ve not issued any official warnings to posters but consider this the warning flag to pause before commenting on another poster or calling them out by name and either report them to the mods if they are out of line or rephrase your post to instead address the content of their post rather than the poster themselves.

We are all a brotherhood as well. We should be able to handle things like men and women. Not children. 

I think we are all good outside of maybe two people. Much love to all. Nothing but respect from me

• Like 1