CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The Mavs starting five isn't that old though 

Brunson

Wright

Doncic

Powell and sometimes Kleber.

KP

They have a young team core wise

But theyre bench has been balling..

23 minutes ago, High5 said:

Cam looked like a lottery pick last night. Those smooth moves look so much better when he actually makes the shots. I loved the little stepback on the 3 and then the hesitation move on the drive. 

High end variance 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, High5 said:

Cam looked like a lottery pick last night. Those smooth moves look so much better when he actually makes the shots. I loved the little stepback on the 3 and then the hesitation move on the drive. 

He's figured it out. Was quoted as saying he realizes he just needs to slow down and chill out and it will come to him. 1st game after saying that: success.

• Like 4

Cam right now comparables are eleven players, past and present: 
Present Offensively: Jordan Poole

Present Defensively: Lonzo Ball

Similar Types: Paul George and Rodney Hood

Similar Offensive Comps: Lou Williams and Rashard Lewis - Both were out of HS straight to the pros

Similar Defensive Comps: Lonzo Ball and Stacey Augmon

Similar Movement, Body Type, and Measureables Comps: Tracy McGrady

Limited improvement Comps: Dorell Wright and DeShawn Stevenson - Both were out of HS straight to the pros

It's pretty clear, Cam has a remarkably low offensive floor, one such, all of his comparisons are guys with one less year of higher-level experience than him. Not sure if that helps or hurts his case down the road. Even the current player closest to him in how they do things is Poole who has been a substantially better shooter this year while being close in terms of FG%. 

When we look at college prospects, no one is close to Reddish in terms of his numbers which are historically low which is why I used HS prospects who offensively, Reddish most resembles. 

The positive for Cam is the eye test. His body is an A+, movement with the ball is a B+, his form is an A-, his natural vision is a B, his ball-handling is a C+ which isn't bad for his height and stage of his career, and his movement, in general, is a B. While he is amazingly bad in many other areas, these are things you either got or don't got. Cam is in good light with the things you are born with. Which removes him from the all-time worst offensive Hawks list with guys like Pape Sy and Mario West. 

Cam's offensive potential is fairly high but Cam has three outcomes: It's extremely hard for him to bust just due to his current defensive level and tremendous natural abilities and skill-set. 

Inconsistent shooter, decent 3pt shooting volume, turnover-prone who can slow down or shut down top tier scorers. - DeShawn Stevenson like but Cam will need to improve his body and strength to get to the peak level in this tier. This is an extremely likely outcome with him just doing the bare minimum as a player term of work ethic and focus on improvement. Work Ethic of current/former Hawk: Omari Spellman. Work Ethic in general: Michael Beasley

Likely outcome is a good streaky shooter, who has some PnR chops who can shoot with volume, can get to the FT line at a good percentage and can score 20ppg. He would have to become somewhat of a hybrid of Rashard Lewis and Lou Williams. Defensively, he is extremely similar to his extremely likely outcome. In terms of work ethic, he will have to work hard to get to this level but not too hard. Work Ethic of current/former Hawk: Jabari Parker/Kent Bazemore/Lou Williams/Al Horford/Nique/T-Mac. Work Ethic in general: Rashard Lewis and Klay

I think he could get to this level just seeing the way he currently is. With the way he plays defense, that should be a potential All-Star player. Especially if he can develop into a professional scorer. 

The least likely outcome is, of course, is possible. Everything I mention is possible and within reason is he becomes an elite volume shooting, very good scorer, with near-elite playmaking as a secondary ballhandler who is around 220-225 who draws fouls at an exceptionally high clip. He becomes a professional scorer which is possible for Cam even on the mid-end but an elite playmaker would change the game. Add to that, he has become an elite defender where his steals rates are near PG's which is possible at all three tiers for Cam anyway.

This player is a two-way monster who could be one of the best players in the NBA. This player has to have an elite work ethic. Nothing less, he must want it like all of the greats before him and after him. Work Ethic of current/former Hawk: Mike Muscala/Paul Millsap/Trae Young. Work Ethic in general: Jimmy Butler/Gilbert Arenas/Paul George/younger VC and guys like Steph, Jordan, Kobe, and Bron for example. 

These guys overly exceed expectations. I brought up Moose because I spoke to many in the organization who said no one can outwork Moose. You must remember, Moose wasn't even supposed to be here in the NBA. He was seen as a mid-tier long term Euro pro potentially with good BBIQ and a nice shooting touch. He worked his ass off into a 15 million dollar career. I know he is much now and likely doesn't have that elite work ethic anymore but in Atlanta, elite and work ethic went hand in hand with his name.

He wanted to be as great as he could be. I can respect that. Millsap was another one where people within the NBA kept talking about his 2nd to none work ethic. When you see 2nd rounders as good as Sap and it's not due to system fit, you better believe they outwork EVERYBODY! Khris Middleton and Giannis are two others with the elite work ethic label. 
For me, I think he could be in any tier. Injuries, lack of want to, and just laziness, I can see him being just a mediocre flop. I can also see him making yearly leaps and becoming a borderline star or star as well in three to four years being a key player in our organization. 

If he wants it's like bad. He wants to be one of the all-time greats and works like it, he can be it. He has all of the tools and gifts. He will have to work. A lot of improvement daily and in the off-season, he has to make substantial improvements that you see from guys like Siakam, Giannis, Trae, and others.

It's not enough to be Kevin. It's not enough to be Alex. It's not enough to be Evan. You gotta work like you want to be an ATG. You see how all off-season, we knew Trae was getting it in. Everyone did. Cam has to put in that type of work. He must be like Moose and just work to be as great as you possibly can be. No one will outwork you.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1