• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

3 hours ago, Dejay said:

It's a slow burn with Cam right now. He's slowly improving but the only ones noticing (other than the team itself) are those of us who actually watch the games. If you ask most folks outside of the Squawk, they'd tell you that he's the worst wing player ever drafted.

All I ask is that he continues working on his game, which by all accounts he does diligently and a far cry from what we saw from the likes of Marvin, Augmon, or Childress (yeah, I'm still bitter). When he consistently makes the connection from practice to game time, there will not be a comfortable chair to sit in Mark Cuban's conference room...

I think some are putting some unrealistic expectations on him in this thread though.  He is currently in a peak, but I imagine he will drop back into a valley before the year is over.  He’s a young player who really has no clue how to strengthen his body, play consistent defense...etc.  I’d feel much better about him if his minutes were more sparse, and he was sitting behind a veteran who knows how to do the things he doesn’t do at this point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think some are putting some unrealistic expectations on him in this thread though.  He is currently in a peak, but I imagine he will drop back into a valley before the year is over.  He’s a young player who really has no clue how to strengthen his body, play consistent defense...etc.  I’d feel much better about him if his minutes were more sparse, and he was sitting behind a veteran who knows how to do the things he doesn’t do at this point.

This isn't his peak. His peak is when he's the best player in the NBA. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

With all due respect, I believe that is an unrealistic expectation to anyone that isn’t a complete homer at this point.  

There is not enough respect in this world for me to see your opinion as nothing more than your opinion. Thanks but I'll pass on your respect and rather you take a bite of truth serum that Cam Reddish possesses to be the best player in the NBA one day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

OK, but realize that Cam Reddish right now is the poster boy that is being used to downgrade other skilled but raw prospects in a lot of draft rankings.  In particular, Jaden McDaniels from Washington.  

That's great bud!

• Like 2

Are we all watching the same 20 year old kid. This guy starts every game he is healthy next year. Cam is showing right now as a two way player that others thought would not materialize anything more than strictly a stopper. Want to see those posts revived in the playoff stretch run next year. The youngest starting lineup pushing for the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You really think Cam can be the best player in the NBA? I mean...seriously? I like the kid and he's growing before our eyes every month but the BEST PLAYER?

Yes. I do. 

Why?

Volume 3pt shooting + potential to be a foul drawing machine + Trae Young on offense equals what I think could be 25-30ppg 

Now, i never said I think he can be the best offensive player, no I don't think so. I don't ever think he will be the best offensive player on this team.

Defensively he has the potential to be the next Tony Allen. Strength and defensive discipline is the areas where he needs to improve. 

So you are talking one of the best perimeter defense potential with 25-30ppg. That's special. 

That's why I am sky high on the kid. I've seen nothing like him. Cam's motor on offense with his pace is a natural help for the style of game he has on offense. That low energy-mid tempo pace is a beast to try to contain. I've seen so many struggle with both Lou Williams and De'Vonte Graham due to it. 

I've been saying before he was ever a Hawk that he has a chance to be the best player in the NBA one day. I am sure of it. I know it will happen if he stays healthy. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The guy is one of the worst finishers at the rim in the entire league, yet he’s going to be the best player in the league at some point.  

Good question and here is my answer. 

He will never be good to great finisher due to lack of explosiveness. 

BUT 

He can be a decent one and still an highly impactful one. Why? 

The most important traits to be a foul drawing machine is fluidity, craft, body control, ability to get to spots at will, and skill for guards. Since Cam plays like a 6'4 guard while being 6'9, it's a tad more difficult but easier as well. Cam already has fluidity, body control, and the ability to get to spots at will. He lacks polish for his skill-set and completely lacks craft outside of rare occasions like what we saw last night on the steal. Cam also right now has a low feel for the game. Once that improves which is what we currently see happening, his growth should happen exponentially. 

I truly believe Cam can be a guard who averages 6-9 FTA a game. Cam is going to be a professional scorer one day and sooner than later. I think you want me to say Cam can be a generational scorer? That will likely never happen. Cam lacks too much of what I call level A of all scoring to be generational. That said, Cam has level B and C potential. When he gets there, watch out!!! 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1