• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

I grew up right across the street from a tennis court, played from a very young age, McEnroe always been the one. Was also a big Björg fan. Becker was fun to watch, as was Agassi. Sabatini was VERY nice on the eyes, as was Kournikova. I had an odd thang for Hingis, however 🤨

HS tennis always coincided with my baseball season, so double-letter was not to be. I was lucky enough to win the ALTA (Atlanta Lawn/Tennis Association) Championship Plate in 2010 😬

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d3679ec3173585655

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ps @hazer I had the converse black Larry Bird’s! I hated the Celtics but bought them in 1988 after they had been out for 3 or 4 years for like $40 at the time from a shoe outlet place 😂 I remember there were the white and yellow n purp Magic and Bird’s was black. They were heavy but kinda cool 😎 

Remember them both very well, I had the white/red Fast Breaks 💫 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hazer said:

I grew up right across the street from a tennis court, played from a very young age, McEnroe always been the one. Was also a big Björg fan. Becker was fun to watch, as was Agassi. Sabatini was VERY nice on the eyes, as was Kournikova. I had an odd thang for Hingis, however 🤨

HS tennis always coincided with my baseball season, so double-letter was not to be. I was lucky enough to win the ALTA (Atlanta Lawn/Tennis Association) Championship Plate in 2010 😬

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d3679ec3173585655

That’s awesome 👏 😆 Hingis..haha what a throwback. Seles was unbearable with the grunt. And that fan attacking her was even more unbelievable. That’s insane. I remember hearing about it and wondering if it was true. Crazy.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, thecampster said:

Puma's were the shoes back early 80's pre-Jordan....everyone wore em.

I never bought into Puma. To me they were like LA Gear was later on. Ricky Fowler has not helped their cause; dude can't win a major and looks to much like a actor ( DiCaprio ). GenX is probably all over Puma though.

• Like 2

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s awesome 👏 😆 Hingis..haha what a throwback. Seles was unbearable with the grunt. And that fan attacking her was even more unbelievable. That’s insane. I remember hearing about it and wondering if it was true. Crazy.

OMG, yes.  That just made matches absolutely painful to watch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Seles was unbearable with the grunt...

“Uh-AAAAAAA! Uh-AAAAAAA! Uh-AAAAAAA!” 💫giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d374651384d45536b

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I never bought into Puma. To me they were like LA Gear was later on. Ricky Fowler has not helped their cause; dude can't win a major and looks to much like a actor ( DiCaprio ). GenX is probably all over Puma though.

Older X-er here, sporting Pumas since the late 70s 🐆363242_25.jpg

• Like 3

Cam will be really good with time. I don’t think starting him is the right move for his development or the team. He needs to play in his natural role as primary guy and can get plenty of opportunities with the bench unit. You can still rotate him in with the starters and develop him gradually. This draft looks better and better every day. Cam could be a legit All Star by Year 3.

• Like 2

I remember Trae saying if you wasn't riding with me when it started, don't ride with me now. There is a lot of Cam Fam by the middle of the season that was in this thread on some year 3 and Anthony Bennett or Ben McLemore shit. A lot of fence sitters. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I remember Trae saying if you wasn't riding with me when it started, don't ride with me now. There is a lot of Cam Fam by the middle of the season that was in this thread on some year 3 and Anthony Bennett or Ben McLemore shit. A lot of fence sitters. 

Deep down, those people would rather be right than see their team do good. And as soon as they get proven wrong (which is every other day for most of them smh) they act like nothing ever happened

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Deep down, those people would rather be right than see their team do good. And as soon as they get proven wrong (which is every other day for most of them smh) they act like nothing ever happened

Facts!

• Moderators

Kevin Durant thinks Cam Reddish can be a star

4c8e187b72ddd6862c9083dc7de7428f?s=50&r=
Posted on 
djk1903160059 florida state vs duke
Don’t worry Hawks fans; you are not the only ones who believe Cam Reddish has the potential to be a star in the NBA. Two-time NBA Champion and MVP, Kevin Durant, sat down to watch some of the now tenth overall pick’s film from high school, and he understands why the Hawks were so fond of the small forward out of Duke. Take a look.
nn-mZvyv_normal.jpg

KD on Cam Reddish: “I like this kid... he’s gonna be a star”

Embedded video

By all accounts, Reddish underachieved behind Zion Williamson and RJ Barrett in college. Despite that, his game is tailor-made for today’s NBA.

Reddish is a long swingman that stands at 6’9″ with a wingspan of over seven feet. He has deceptive athleticism that allows him to finish around the rim and guard several positions on defense, but his skill is what Durant was impressed by on the film.

For a player so long, Reddish can play point guard, and Lloyd Pierce even hinted at Summer League the Hawks would use him there during the season. His handle is excellent, but he never had the opportunity to show off his vision while at Duke. Then, there’s his jumper, which might be the smoothest in this draft class. Reddish will pull from anywhere and is equally as effective coming off of screens or the dribble. Tack on another reason for Hawks fans to be giddy about their young core.

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/kevin-durant-thinks-cam-reddish-can-be-a-star/

• Like 4

It appears that the Hawks have two SF from this year's daft that can play other positions.  If Lloyd plays both at SF, sub one for the other, they have that position covered for sure.

As the third center on our depth chart, Bruno may have a harder time getting meaningful minutes early in the season.  By the season's end, I expect we will be seeing a lot of playing time for all three.

What a great problem Lloyd has !!

:smug:

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Cwell said:

As someone with two bets "against" Cam with Supes, I'll say first that I was thrilled we got him at 10 and am high on his potential.  What I'm expecting is a slower development curve than Supes is projecting.  I'd be thrilled to be wrong and I will happily own that if I am. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

As someone with two bets "against" Cam with Supes, I'll say first that I was thrilled we got him at 10 and am high on his potential.  What I'm expecting is a slower development curve than Supes is projecting.  I'd be thrilled to be wrong and I will happily own that if I am. 

I know right! There is a vast difference between I hate Cam and let's give a few years to develop. Asking for patience and temperance is not hate.

41 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I know right! There is a vast difference between I hate Cam and let's give a few years to develop. Asking for patience and temperance is not hate.

You called him Anthony Bennett and on par with stiff Euros. You were one of his harshest critics