• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

β€œ*” Bonds πŸ’‰

Spud2nique

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

suspected

Hank didn’t cheat. πŸ’‰. And please don’t say suspected I lived through it in the Bay Area. They basically caught Barry with his pants down πŸ‘– and Victor Conte stickin it in.

Verdict: DENIED πŸ™…πŸΌβ€β™€οΈΒ 

40F261DB-E34E-461A-9FA0-F50172B4B0C3.jpeg

040827ED-7E8E-41D7-A0AA-8E2E9A209973.jpeg

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Lemme help you understand.

Bond's court trials lasted from 2005 - 2015.Β  10 years of having to pay high priced lawyers to keep you out of Jail because a defense atty leaked sealed documents from a grand jury investigation to the SF Chronicle.Β  I doubt he still has the gold plated pool.Β 

But aside from that.

His life's work has been totally erased from history.Β  Β Now.. the world is saying Barry Bonds never hit 762 homeruns.Β  Β Barry Bonds never had 1996 RBIs.Β  Β Barry Bonds never had 600+ more walks than strikeouts.Β  Β He had an on base percent of 60.9.Β  Β What??Β  Never gets a mention.Β  One of the only player to ever be intentionally walked with the bases loaded.Β  Β You'd never hear about it.Β 

Why...

A smear campaign.

Β 

Β 

Let me help you understand

tenor.gif?itemid=10742553

He should be in but you can make the case you reap what you sew.Β  He'd be in even with the roids if he wasn't such an asshole.Β  Unfair?Β  sure.Β  but who cares.Β  Β 99.9% of the world has it much worse.

• Premium Member

Hey Spud... How many Athletes can we do this with?

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

He should be in but you can make the case you reap what you sew.Β  He'd be in even with the roids if he wasn't such an asshole.Β  Unfair?Β  sure.Β  but who cares.Β  Β 99.9% of the world has it much worse.

Never Caught.

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's like this Spud. IF somebody said you did something... and there was no proof that you did do it.Β  Β And 1000 people said you did it.Β  Β and 10,000 people said that you did it.Β  Β And 1,000,000 people said you did it.Β  Β and 10,000,000 people said that you did it.Β 

Β And after time, it just became Fact.Β  Β How would you feel?

Let's make it hit home.Β  if 10,000,000 people agreed that you used PEDs in your bodybuilding.Β  Β And it became Fact.Β  No matter how much you argued the contrary, nobody believed you or took your side...Β Β 
How would you feel?

Β 

I agree but the facts were evident. I’m not gonna dig them up now but he basically had connections with known drug dealers who specified in dealing PED’s and specifically HGH. Not sure about Atlanta but human growth hormones were HUGE in the Bay and readily available.Β 
Β 

Bonds was going for a record. He used. He knows he used. His fans know he used. Even the ones that want to dent or look past it.

To answer your question, I would be HORRIBLE if I didn’t do it, but if they brought forth evidence that I went to the donut 🍩 shop 50 times and I claim I never had donuts 🍩, well then I shouldn’t feel bad because I’m just a liar πŸ€₯ and a cheater. πŸ’‰Β 

• Premium Member

Hey Spud... How many Athletes can we do this with?

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Never Caught.

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

I like how you say 'Never Caught' rather than 'Didn't juice'.Β  LOL.

Nobody knows if he juiced.. but you can say that about any athlete...Β  Β I believe Lebron Juices. Be he's never been caught.Β  Β I believe that Herschell Walker Juiced.Β  But he was never caught.Β  Β I believe that T Owens may have Juiced. But he was never caught.Β  Β I believe that Shannon Sharpe may have juiced... But he was never caught.Β 

Neither was Barry Bonds.Β 

But if you can make a smear campaign big enough, you can create facts.Β  Β I bet most people on this board actually believes that Major League Baseball found Steroids in his system or that Barry Bonds failed a drug test.Β  I bet most people on this board believes BALCO named Barry Bonds.Β  Β 

The truth is that None of these things has ever happened.Β 

It's the power of that smear campaign.Β Β 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Nobody knows if he juiced.. but you can say that about any athlete...Β  Β I believe Lebron Juices. Be he's never been caught.Β  Β I believe that Herschell Walker Juiced.Β  But he was never caught.Β  Β I believe that T Owens may have Juiced. But he was never caught.Β  Β I believe that Shannon Sharpe may have juiced... But he was never caught.Β 

Neither was Barry Bonds.Β 

But if you can make a smear campaign big enough, you can create facts.Β  Β I bet most people on this board actually believes that Major League Baseball found Steroids in his system or that Barry Bonds failed a drug test.Β  I bet most people on this board believes BALCO named Barry Bonds.Β  Β 

The truth is that None of these things has ever happened.Β 

It's the power of that smear campaign.Β Β 

I believe that no one cares.Β  And you yourself strongly suspect he did it.Β  Β  We are all intelligent people and can see the truth when it's in front of our eyes.Β  Β 

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I agree but the facts were evident. I’m not gonna dig them up now but he basically had connections with known drug dealers who specified in dealing PED’s and specifically HGH. Not sure about Atlanta but human growth hormones were HUGE in the Bay and readily available.Β 
Β 

Bonds was going for a record. He used. He knows he used. His fans know he used. Even the ones that want to dent or look past it.

To answer your question, I would be HORRIBLE if I didn’t do it, but if they brought forth evidence that I went to the donut 🍩 shop 50 times and I claim I never had donuts 🍩, well then I shouldn’t feel bad because I’m just a liar πŸ€₯ and a cheater. πŸ’‰Β 

"

Barry Bonds, the formerΒ San FranciscoΒ GiantsΒ outfielder, who holds the major league records for home runs in both a single season and a career, has never been caught explicitly using steroids and has steadfastly denied any allegations against him. Critics of Bonds pointed to his large increase in size late in his career, as well as his improvement primarily in his power numbers, despite his age. Bonds's trainer, Greg Anderson, was sentenced to jail time after refusing to testify against Bonds before a grand jury investigating the slugger for perjury. Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams, reporters for theΒ San Francisco Chronicle, profiled Bonds' alleged use of performance-enhancing substances in their 2006 bookΒ Game of Shadows. The reporters used Bonds' testimony in front of a grand jury, and refused to reveal their source for the court documents. The U.S. government sought charges against them for leaking the testimony, but dropped them when a former attorney for Conte pleaded guilty to doing so. Bonds, like Giambi, has never been punished by the MLB in any way because he has not yet failed any drug test.[7]

On November 15, 2007, Bonds was indicted for perjury and obstruction of justice based on his grand jury testimony in this investigation. The trial began on March 21, 2011;[8]Β he was convicted on April 13, 2011, on a single charge of obstruction of justice; the other charges were dismissed.[9][10]Β In 2015, Bonds' conviction was overturned by a 10–1 vote of anΒ en bancΒ panel of theΒ United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.[11]"

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I believe that no one cares.Β  And you yourself strongly suspect he did it.Β  Β  We are all intelligent people and can see the truth when it's in front of our eyes.Β  Β 

This is the problem though.

We can all suspect anything about anybody.Β  Β It does not make it fact.Β  In a land of Laws where your are consider INNOCENT until proven Guilty...Β  There is no proof of his guilt.Β  Β Just suspicion.Β  Β  Β Is that what you want to go with....Β  Β  Β We are all intelligent people....Β  Β If that's the case, explain Jan 6?

Mac... People believe Lies ALL THE TIME.Β  It still doesn't make the Lies Fact.Β 

Β 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

This is the problem though.

We can all suspect anything about anybody.Β  Β It does not make it fact.Β  In a land of Laws where your are consider INNOCENT until proven Guilty...Β  There is no proof of his guilt.Β  Β Just suspicion.Β  Β  Β Is that what you want to go with....Β  Β  Β We are all intelligent people....Β  Β If that's the case, explain Jan 6?

Mac... People believe Lies ALL THE TIME.Β  It still doesn't make the Lies Fact.Β 

Β 

We aren't talking about someone on trial for a crime.Β  We're talking about someone losing out on a popularity contest.Β  Β let's be realistic here.Β  Β HOF is not a jury trial.Β  There are no real world stakes that matter.Β 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Now why would Greg Anderson refuse to testify when his testimony would likely exonerate an innocent Bonds?Β  It's so strange.Β Β 

We dont know.Β  Maybe his testimony would have further incriminated himself.Β  Maybe his testimony would have thrown more people in the pot.Β  Β He also trainer to a lot of other athletes...

But here's the thing that you should have highlighted:

"On November 15, 2007, a federal judge ordered Anderson released from prison. This order came just hours after Bonds was indicted by a federal grand jury on four counts of perjury and one count of obstruction of justice"

Think about it.Β  He was jailed because of contempt for not testifying...Β  He was released as soon the the court got what it wanted?

CONSPIRACY...

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We aren't talking about someone on trial for a crime.Β  We're talking about someone losing out on a popularity contest.Β  Β let's be realistic here.Β  Β HOF is not a jury trial.Β  There are no real world stakes that matter.Β 

But he was on trial?

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We dont know.Β  Maybe his testimony would have further incriminated himself.Β  Maybe his testimony would have thrown more people in the pot.Β  Β He also trainer to a lot of other athletes...

But here's the thing that you should have highlighted:

"On November 15, 2007, a federal judge ordered Anderson released from prison. This order came just hours after Bonds was indicted by a federal grand jury on four counts of perjury and one count of obstruction of justice"

Think about it.Β  He was jailed because of contempt for not testifying...Β  He was released as soon the the court got what it wanted?

CONSPIRACY...

But he was on trial?

The trial is a separate thing.Β  He's not in the hall because most reasonable people suspect he juiced big time.Β  There is no due process to being voted into the Hall of Fame.Β  it's the whims of the voters.Β  Heck he's not even being blocked from being on the ballot.Β  Β So again, it's stupid but it doesnt matter.Β 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

The trial is a separate thing.Β  He's not in the hall because most reasonable people suspect he juiced big time.Β  There is no due process to being voted into the Hall of Fame.Β  it's the whims of the voters.Β  Heck he's not even being blocked from being on the ballot.Β  Β So again, it's stupid but it doesnt matter.Β 

It's a C-O-N-Spiracy.Β 

Like HS... just a group that has gotten together and said.. "We don't like him so he can't get in".Β 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

No real opinion but i think this is the right attitude.Β  You don't always get what you want in life.Β 

Β 

That's real nice.Β  But nobody is saying that Barry Bonds is protesting to get into the Hall.Β  Β He too probably could care less.Β 

However, if you say we have a group that is based on who were the very best in Baseball...

And you not include Pete Rose.Β  And you not include Barry Bonds.Β  And you not Include Clemens.Β  And You not include Rodriguez....Β  Then what you have is not what you say you have.

After reading a vague definition about what is the baseball hall of fame... this is one quote:

"One thing is clear, election to the Hall of Fame is the highest mark of achievement in the game."

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's a C-O-N-Spiracy.Β 

Like HS... just a group that has gotten together and said.. "We don't like him so he can't get in".Β 

Conspiracy -Β a secret plan made by two or more people to do something that is harmful or illegal

There is no plan, it's certainly not illegal, harmful is debateable.Β  Β  Just admit people don't like him and they think he cheated at baseball.Β  Β If you really believe he cheated, which obviously most do, then how could you in good conscience vote for him?Β  Β  Β 

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

No real opinion but i think this is the right attitude.Β  You don't always get what you want in life.Β 

272837458_5540753675971343_7495931553418

Wow, either those were his publicist’s statements or Roger have changed a lot.Β 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

It's a C-O-N-Spiracy.Β 

That’s not what’s it’s like at all.Β :ermm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

"One thing is clear, election to the Hall of Fame is the highest mark of achievement in the game."

Yup, it’s really a shame.

Β 

Ok I got an idea. The HOF let’s Bonds in but only as a Pirate, he can’t go in as a Giant. Β It’ll be like 1986-92 HOF numbers. It’s weird but fair imo. Bonds was a hell of a player. In my mind, he should have stayed at that weight and been a consistent .300 100 RBI 30 home run guy. He would have made the hall if he hadn’t cheated I’m sure of that.Β