• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This scapegoat Cam BS needs to end

NBASupes

Just now, benhillboy said:

Damn Cam.  You okay bro?  So venomous.

I am not Cam but a lot of these negative Cam posts is high key shit on Supes posts. I've allowed it for a week too long. This is my last warning to those who do. It's like Clipse said, don't ask me when the album coming out? Because they really being snarky without really any care. It's basically for kicks and using you as the butt of the joke.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I don’t think these post are shitting on Cams name personally. I’m not sure how you got that out of it. There are some joke post @NBASupes but there honestly there to just mess with you or spark post or threads like these.

I will say this and this is how I feel the majority sincere posters feel about cam including myself…..

I still believe Cams potential is sky high in terms of having star two way ability. He has the huge upside potential majority teams want in a young player and has flashed his goodness several times so in terms of skills and what he can become I still believe there’s a good chance of that happening for him BUT what disappointed me as a Hawks fan is when I saw reports that Cam actually asked to be traded in the off season!…then it was confirmed by both Schlenk and McMillan in interviews after the trade…...

@NBASupes when cam first got traded I was pissed not only cause of the return but things weren’t making sense on why he traded…..after all I’m like majority fans on the outside looking in with no insider info but again hearing that Cam wanted out in the off-season for me triggered my emotions to not hate on Cam necessarily since this is his career and his legacy that he’s trying to build but that trade request from Cam hurts as a Hawks fan that believed in him! I don’t care if anyone believes last off season was a fluke or not…..a player as young as Cam coming to the gm and asking to be traded in the off-season and THIS early in his career after this young team made a historic ass deep playoff run on the young cores first playoffs attempt was just BIG slap in the face to Hawk fans when it was revealed.

Like many I’ve watched NBA for years and I’ve never seen a young player still on a rookie contract ask to be traded after they were on a team that went deep in the playoffs. That tells me that Cam didn’t give two shits about the playoff run last season so either there’s some jealousy or pride taking place since he was hurt the majority of that run.

I respect Cams game, his skills are there to become a star player  but I do not respect his mentality with him wanting out of Atlanta and stating he feels he can be star elsewhere but basically not here….im not bashing cam but mentally he checked out on us because he wasn’t willing to find himself or work to turn himself into that star player here based on the good that was already taking place.

CAM A CANCER IN THE LOCKER ROOM:

Heres where I stand on this that’s been floating around. I don’t think that Cam was the typical locker room cancer we are all use to hearing about…I think the fact that he went to Schlenk and asked to be traded and the whole team knew from training camp, through preseason, and damn near through the regular season that he truly did not want to be here with the team to build something special is how he became by default the “locker room cancer” ….not a true locker room cancer like Myles Turner is portrayed because I’m sure cam wasn’t being disrespectful to the team and even McMillan said he still went through and participated in all the practices BUT when your teammates know you don’t want to be there no matter what you say to him or if your winning or not….that’s mentally tough to deal with everyday coming in to work even if you truly care about the guy.

anyways I think allowing Cam to leave made not only cam happy but his teammates happy for him since they’ve known for a long time he didn’t want to be here. So locker room cancer may not be the right terminology but making their former teammate happy about his situation and getting back on track as a team with those who wants to be here has regained its focus.

These posts are definitely shitting on Cam or making him out to be a scapegoat. 

Anything else would be a lie.

We can go back and fore on his potential or not. He's no longer here, no reason. For him to be mentioned or inferred NEGATIVELY in literally every thread I @AHF to. Saying otherwise is bullshit.

The first thing Nate and Travis said is Cam was very professional every step of the way about this. From the start to his end in Atlanta. Saying otherwise is still opinionated bullshit that I give no credence to. 

Any negative that doesn't come out before that player is traded is rubbish to me. We all knew JR Rider was BS while he was a Hawk. Same for Omari. So Cam who we haven't heard much negative on in terms of his professionalism is now a f***ing cancer? f*** outta here. That's bullshit! Garbage. Stop telling yourself what you think you want to hear.

When the head coach and management say good when you are gone, and don't say nothing negative when you are here or say positive, there is generally nothing there. That's a fact! He's gone now, when Melo was gone from Denver, Karl was talking shit about him from the offset of the trade. That didn't happen here. Before the trade, he was telling people behind the scenes he's a horrible worker and doesn't work hard in practice. We didn't hear none of that about Cam. None of it.

That's not a locker room cancer. You do realize guys want out of a lot of teams and they still function. This sounds like a shitty reason to knock Cam to me. When Iso wanted to leave Atlanta, he didn't perform worse or better. He just perform. These are professionals, they are required to do their jobs. 

Ya'll have brought into some bullshit when we simply haven't been healthy. The minute Okongwu came back, Capela went out. The minute both are finally healthy, Hunter is still out. Cam is out and Bogi is out. We just never had our 10-11 guys healthy ever! If there were, it would have been a lot different. 

I do believe we had fit issues in the 2nd unit and Cam played his best ball without Lou and Gallo but Lou and Gallo played their best ball without Cam and Okongwu replacing Dieng who just isn't Okongwu.

The reason for this thread is the slick talk. Your post actually isn't a problem at all even if I completely disagree. The slick talking, scapegoat bs is what triggers me and considering most of the posts are coming from guys I've beefed with and some for nearly 18 years on this site is really the issue. Your post is reasonable even if I don't agree. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, aali34 said:

I agree with @JTB, if it never came out that Cam requested to be traded the narrative would be "Damn Schlenk effed up, we could be potentially better with Cam here!" or that "Cam died for our sins! The team let him down!".

He didn't buy in to the team aspect, but I don't know how much of an impact one disgruntled player who isn't vocal about it has on the team. If he really wanted to and was that immature, he could have leaked it out that he was unhappy, the fact that we didn't know about it till after the fact shows he was professional about it.

I think people feel lowkey shafted by Cam so it makes it easier for them to be petty or pissed when talking about him. Kinda like a cat-caller cussing out the girl he just whistled at.

I personally feel bad for him but can't help but laugh a little about the irony of the situation he's seemingly placed himself into.

To say he didn't buy in is opinionated and y'all gotta stop taking opinionated garbage in as facts. Travis said he wanted a trade because he wanted a bigger role in the long term plans. Cam confirmed that as well in his opening presser with the Knicks. 

What you gonna say about JC when he's moved? He wanted out and that's why he couldn't win post position because he wasn't trying. That's not true. He just didn't because he's not that physical and he tries too hard to be physical, it's either an offensive or defensive foul on him. 

Well they need to cut that shit out or take it to the Cam reddish thread. My posting experience here shouldn't have to suck because you are in your feeling about him. I don't even recall hearing this much about LP and he literally hurt our squad well maybe not the squad but Trae and several others.

I don't feel for him, he got what he wanted and no one should feel for him either. He wanted this, he's gonna have to take it for the good and the bad. The Knicks didn't buy you as a prospect. They brought you as a commodity. They will treat you like we treated Tim Hardaway Jr. He is gonna have to earn everything he gets. If we are all honest, Cam got a lot of things from Atlanta, some of which, he didn't deserve. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

To say he didn't buy in is opinionated and y'all gotta stop taking opinionated garbage in as facts. Travis said he wanted a trade because he wanted a bigger role in the long term plans. Cam confirmed that as well in his opening presser with the Knicks. 

How would you explain his drop-off defensively? I'm willing to be swayed.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, aali34 said:

How would you explain his drop-off defensively? I'm willing to be swayed.

He's was actually more productive on D this year.

By RAD, Cam is a defensive disrupter and playing better D than he did last year. Like I said, Cam sadly is a product of being extremely unlucky. It happens. Last year, he was extremely unproductive offensively yet he ended up with a 0 WAR. He didn't deserve in the RS. To me, he's been better this year than last on both ends. I could care less about metrics. They tell you about the situation their in, not the entire story. 

Search Cam Reddish

All of his offensive metrics have tripled but his noise even on that end is extremely bad. Him and Terrance Ross are the probably the two most unlucky players in the last 10 seasons. It happens. 

• Confused 1

On 1/29/2022 at 8:09 AM, marco102 said:

You can't understand why fans are pissed at Cam for asking to be traded because his role wouldn't be increased.

That's what got me pissed. Just put your head down, improve and stay the course with the team that drafted you and stuck with you through the ups and many downs.

Cam didn't do that and requested a trade. What do you expect Hawks fans to do? Clap and say Yaya? If Trae went to Travis and requested a trade you and everyone else here, myself included would hate him.

No, I can't. Especially if we weren't going to give him the role. If we wanted to give him the role and he wanted out, I could 100% understand it. That means he doesn't want to be here. In that case, I get it. I can never get mad at Al Horford for leaving but I can 100% understand why many others on here do. Al did want to be here but only for the max. I was 100% on board with that. Most here wasn't and wanted him to take a lot less. Not me. He deserved it, the only modern Hawk other than Trae that ever deserved it. 

This is a business. You gotta make the best decision for you and you as a GM/POO gotta make the best decision for the team. 

Cam didn't do what? Be a ****ing fan of the Hawks. That simple. We are winning, be a fan. Talking shit about Cam after a win, bitch shit. Talking shit about Cam during a game, ********! Making shitty threads insisting Cam is the problem rather openly or stepping around the issue, ***** made. I want us to be fans. Good or bad, just be Hawks fans. When Bruno was gone, where were the insults? Even Evan Turner and Chandler Parsons never get mentioned ever. But Cam is literally the topic nearly every thread and he's not here. **** - start talking about the Atlanta Hawks and stop talking about Cam!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's was actually more productive on D this year.

By RAD, Cam is a defensive disrupter and playing better D than he did last year. Like I said, Cam sadly is a product of being extremely unlucky. It happens. Last year, he was extremely unproductive offensively yet he ended up with a 0 WAR. He didn't deserve in the RS. To me, he's been better this year than last on both ends. I could care less about metrics. They tell you about the situation their in, not the entire story. 

Search Cam Reddish

All of his offensive metrics have tripled but his noise even on that end is extremely bad. Him and Terrance Ross are the probably the two most unlucky players in the last 10 seasons. It happens. 

I'm not a huge analytics guy, but from what I understand, it's hard to use them measure defensive impact?

From the eye test, Cam looked like he was gambling more, and didn't have the intensity he showed on Khris Middleton in the ECF. Has he had a defining defensive game this season?

I think the consensus even before he was traded was that he looked less locked in on defense, but I could be wrong. He's still a plus defender even when he's not locked in.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, aali34 said:

I'm not a huge analytics guy, but from what I understand, it's hard to use them measure defensive impact?

From the eye test, Cam looked like he was gambling more, and didn't have the intensity he showed on Khris Middleton in the ECF. Has he had a defining defensive game this season?

I think the consensus even before he was traded was that he looked less locked in on defense, but I could be wrong. He's still a plus defender even when he's not locked in.

Those are heavily weighted by defensive +/-. As stated previously, Cam +/- this year is at an ATW level in the last 10 years. Literally in the bottom 3 with Ross and the rookie, Jalen Green. As I said with Ross, i am willing to call it an anomaly more than standard and his production stats speak to it as well.

http://www.82games.com/2122/2122ATL.HTM

Cam was the 4th most productive player in our rotation. 

Your eye test can be skewed. I don't know how you watch or understand defense to serious take into account that opinion from anyone. I would probably give you more credence if you were a Hawk staffer or someone who eyes have history on like Ben Taylor from thinking Basketball but I only know you and everyone here as a poster. Not personally and not for serious Basketball breakdown takes and yes, that would include me as well in that so it's of no disrespect to me or you.

I believe he was a lot less disciplined this year but he was far more locked in this year than previous years. He played his assignments better than years past and his awareness was miles better. He at times would look like a chicken with his head cut off on defense in previous years often. This year, he was clean in that area. His did take a lot more risk this year plus was more aggressive leading to over aggression. But that's just a growing area for him moving forward. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am not Cam but a lot of these negative Cam posts is high key shit on Supes posts. I've allowed it for a week too long. This is my last warning to those who do. It's like Clipse said, don't ask me when the album coming out? Because they really being snarky without really any care. It's basically for kicks and using you as the butt of the joke.

I wasn’t saying that you are Cam posting here or making a joke.  I was saying forget him and maybe do some deep breathing exercises lol.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I said yesterday that I think we should collectively move on, just let the guy live.

So thats my stance and ill hear no belly acting to the contrary after I make this comment:

Just as we should collectively 'let it go', supes you should also let it go.  Cam was your 'thing' and we all had high hopes.  But it didn't work out.  Gotta turn the page, man.

Team's playing well.  There are a lot of reasons for that.  Cam's absence is on that list but, no, it's not ALL on him.  That's a fair assessment. 

Not every negative comment about Cam is a veiled shot at you, my guy.

There are people chiding you jokingly.  Heyul you know I do it.  But no one is trying to tear you down.

That's my $0.03.  I hope you actually read this.  I dont post more than 2-3 sentences often.  This is exhausting. 😟

I don't believe we should move on. We should just keep all Cam chatter to one thread. The Cam Reddish thread. It's on the homecourt page. Its not somewhere else in the land of the lost on a sub forum like the Jordan Crawford thread. You can literally up the thread and talk your shit or say something good. 

This is my opinion, I won't tell you how to feel regardless if you feel good or bad about it. You can't feel for me, only I can feel for myself. 

I read everything. 

Edited by NBASupes