• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks 2021-22 Off-Season Plans

NBASupes

Toronto isn't trading us Siakam.

I think a Gobert move and an AD trade might be the right moves.

Trae

Bogi

Otto Porter Jr. 

AD

Gobert 

Everyone outside of Trae and Okongwu should be available. 

Edited by NBASupes

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae

Bogi

Otto Porter Jr. 

AD

Gobert 

AD?

As in day-to-Davis?  Supes, look into my eyes.  Do you hate me?

The guy can't get motivated to play with Lebron.  Whatchu think he'd do here other than bide his time before forcing his way to (insert team)?

I agree, on paper, it makes sense.  I just have 0 faith in Davis.  None.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Trae

Bogi

Otto Porter Jr. 

AD

Gobert 

Inside info re Siakam? Guy is an amazing match with trae imo.

I was hopeful with the emergence of Barnes that he and OG would be the core forwards and Siakam could become expendable for them. 

11 hours ago, kg01 said:

AD?

As in day-to-Davis?  Supes, look into my eyes.  Do you hate me?

The guy can't get motivated to play with Lebron.  Whatchu think he'd do here other than bide his time before forcing his way to (insert team)?

I agree, on paper, it makes sense.  I just have 0 faith in Davis.  None.

Yes, Anthony Day to Davis. I'll take him over JC. Last night's game is why. AD might play 20-25 less games than JC but he shows up for the ones against Giannis and Randle. 

10 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

Inside info re Siakam? Guy is an amazing match with trae imo.

I was hopeful with the emergence of Barnes that he and OG would be the core forwards and Siakam could become expendable for them. 

They would love to move Siakam for an upgrade but his contract isn't all that appealing. 

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

We ain't trading OO/Hunter for Harrison Barnes. C'mon now.

We need to get Ayton and do whatever it takes to get a real star to put next to Trae. Then we have a big three.

So if we explore the getting Ayton deal.  What will it take?

I hear Clint and Pick?

If we SNT with Clint.. that puts Ayton at 5 years 100 Million dollars (roughly). 

If we use Clint + Hunter for Ayton,   at 5 years his salary would be 155 Million roughly. 

It would have to be something like Clint+Hunter + ~6 Million Exemption  that gives him 4 years 147 Million...

I need the capologist to correct my numbers:

Clint + Hunter + 6 Million Exemption for Ayton =   Ayton signed at 4 yr 147 Million dollars.   With his 4th years salary being about 40 Million.

If my numbers are correct... the question is...

Is he that good?

• Premium Member

OK.. Just did more research.  The best offer that can be made to Ayton is a 4 year 127 Million Dollar deal.

That roughly starts at 29 Million. 

That would be in the area of Clint + Hunter for Ayton. 

It would also likely be a 3+1 deal so that Ayton can take advantage of the new TV deal.

We'd need to find a New SF. 

We really need to find that 2nd star for Trae. We can't lose the first superstar that we've had in decades because we can't put a star around him. 3 names come to mind based on rumors I've read on here, and also rumors floating around the internet -

1. Ayton
  2. Spida Mitchell
  3. Zion

Travis has preached since he got here about acquiring assets to potentially turn them into a star; this offseason HAS to be the time to cash those assets in.

Ayton - I think Ayton is the most logical of the 3 and makes the most sense. Also, probably the easiest to trade for. Capella + a pick I WOULD THINK gets this done.

Spida - No reason to stop with Ayton. IF the rumors around Mitchell are true, Travis has to be making calls. It would be costly, VERY costly, but maybe Huerter + JC + OO + pick gets us there? Could sub out Dre for OO here. Lots of different scenarios without even thinking about Coop and JJ.

Zion - Would be cool if we had enough assets to keep on going lol, but this isn't 2K. With his injury concerns, I'd much rather go after Ayton and Spida. If we can't land them, then Zion has to be an option.

Travis has to work on cashing in assets this offseason. To me, these 3 are the most likely candidates. Coming away with 2 of the 3 would be a home run this offseason. 

• Like 1

You guys keep mentioning Ayton. Do you realize how lazy that dude plays? He got benched in favor of Javale McGee. Let me repeat.. JAVALE MCGEE, now granted McGee is serviceable, Ayton was the 1st pick. 

Nope. Not him. He ain’t the one. I want a grinder, a winner.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Is he that good?

No.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

So if we explore the getting Ayton deal.  What will it take?

I hear Clint and Pick?

If we SNT with Clint.. that puts Ayton at 5 years 100 Million dollars (roughly). 

If we use Clint + Hunter for Ayton,   at 5 years his salary would be 155 Million roughly. 

It would have to be something like Clint+Hunter + ~6 Million Exemption  that gives him 4 years 147 Million...

I need the capologist to correct my numbers:

Clint + Hunter + 6 Million Exemption for Ayton =   Ayton signed at 4 yr 147 Million dollars.   With his 4th years salary being about 40 Million.

If my numbers are correct... the question is...

Is he that good?

Only the Suns can offer him a 5 year deal and 8% raises. +/-$178 million

IF signed with the Hawks, Ayton is only eligible for a 4 year deal.  A max deal will be worth $130.37 (25% of the project $121 million cap with 5% raises) $30.25, $31.67, $33.35, $35.01 million.

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

JC + OO  for Spyda Mitchell. 

Hell nah, no OO. Anchor for us for years to come. OO to me is what Al Horford meant to Supes.

@NBASupes I finally got my Horford Supes! Here I was thinking I’d always be the bridesmaid. No mas! OO here 10+ to retirement let’s go!

• Haha 1

I don’t know what the exact plan is going to be but I’m hoping Travis doesn’t feel like he has to coddle Trae anymore with guys on the roster who are “do right type of guys”…

We need some a$$holes on this team next year.

But Spud ( as @kg01 says) what type of players are aholes? Gimme examples.

Marcus Smart

Draymond Green

Jae Crowder

Jae’sean Tate

Luguenz Dort

Robert Covington 

Deanthony Melton

Royce O’Neale

Gimme a couple of these guys.

*This is not the all star help I want as our #2 obviously but just rounding out the roster. We need guys like this, maybe one in the starting rotation and another off the bench.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t know what the exact plan is going to be but I’m hoping Travis doesn’t feel like he has to coddle Trae anymore with guys on the roster who are “do right type of guys”…

We need some a$$holes on this team next year.

But Spud ( as @kg01 says) what type of players are aholes? Gimme examples.

Marcus Smart

Draymond Green

Jae Crowder

Jae’sean Tate

Luguenz Dort

Robert Covington 

Deanthony Melton

Royce O’Neale

Gimme a couple of these guys.

*This is not the all star help I want as our #2 obviously but just rounding out the roster. We need guys like this, maybe one in the starting rotation and another off the bench.

Most of those guys either aren't available or aren't going to help us much. 

That said, I do like Royce O'Neale fit at the 3 for us and how Trae plays, I don't think he would be a bad fit. I really like a deal like this during the draft

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y95q634y

Just remove Jared Butler and Delon Wright. Something funky is going on with the trade machine.

Gives us

Trae

Bogi

O'Neale

JC 

Gobert

Trade JC and Kevin for an size upgrade at PF and move from there. AD, Siakam who's not available, Zion who I don't think is a good fit personally, etc. 

A starting lineup like this

Trae

Bogi

O'Neale

AD/Siakam

Gobert

PFs aren't really that big of a deal in today's NBA but when you got a liability like Trae, it really matters that we have a defensive minded 4 and 5 with size and length. To me, the only position we can be flexible with is the 2. The 2 doesn't have to be all world defense. They just need to be able to be a secondary ball handler and able to shoot the ball, create for others and take pressure off Trae. The frontcourt gotta be large, defensive minded, and LONG!

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

To me, our best case scenario is

Trae/Wright/Cooper

Bogi/Signing Oladipo to the MLE/Mays

O'Neale/if we can't get O'Neale, sign Otto Porter Jr./Tony Snell/bargain bin SF FA who fits.

AD/Siakam if possible/JJ/bargain bin PF FA who fits.

Gobert/Ayton if we can't get Gobert/Capela if all options to improve fails/Okongwu/bargain bin C FA who fits.

Obviously you got to consider guys like Zion, Donovan Mitchell, etc even if they aren't the best of fits. 

Gobert single handedly raises our floor to 45-50 wins. AD isn't much of a floor raiser anymore. Always been more of a ceiling raiser like Trae but his floor raising has clearly dropped. Siakam is worth 40 wins so his floor raising is good even if he doesn't ceiling raise at all. Ayton like Trae is primarily a ceiling raiser. You just hope with Trae, they can elevate each other.

I am done with this current squad. Hunter doesn't fit. Capela floor raising just hasn't helped us as it did last year mainly because teams are much more prepared for the 1/5 PnR. JC been too small for Trae manned team, that's not new. Kev probably should have always been a trade option but I ain't mad about the deal, it was a great deal, one where it's going to be easy to move him. 

We need to get a star like Gobert. Boost the size at the 4 and 5 tremendously. Get a better fit at SF since Hunter doesn't fit with Trae and his heliocentric offense. I am fine with our SGs but I would rather keep Bogi more than the others. 

Obviously, we will drop in terms of bench quality but Okongwu is ready for more, JJ needs more PT, we need a backup 2 bad tho. Oladipo would be the ideal target. 

Edited by NBASupes

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trade JC and Kevin for an size upgrade at PF and move from there. AD, Siakam who's not available, Zion who I don't think is a good fit personally, etc. 

A starting lineup like this

Trae

Bogi

O'Neale

AD/Siakam

Gobert 

Even if we kept Capela instead of Gobert, this would be a home run of an off-season if we pulled it off. no AD for Me tho … Siakam all day. Bench depth be damned, as long as we were able to hang onto Delon and OO.