• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks v. Miami Heat Playoff Series

NBASupes

On 4/19/2022 at 1:28 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

OO seems to have hit the 'rookie wall' in his 2nd season even though he has played limited minutes in each of his 1st two seasons.

Yet Nate leaves Dieng glued to the bench.. Is Travis still forcing him to play OO?  smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, terrell said:

Yet Nate leaves Dieng glued to the bench.. Is Travis still forcing him to play OO?  smh

I’d rather try and squeeze anything out of OO than put Dieng out there.  Don’t like Dieng.  he suffers from the team killing disease of believing he is better than he is.  Way too eager to hoist 3s.     that’s why I’ve come around on Delon.  He knows who he is.  Always looks to pass first when he gets the ball beyond the arc.  

• Like 1

Just now, shakes said:

I’d rather try and squeeze anything out of OO than put Dieng out there.  Don’t like Dieng.  he suffers from the team killing disease of believing he is better than he is.  Way too eager to hoist 3s.     that’s why I’ve come around on Delon.  He knows who he is.  Always looks to pass first when he gets the ball beyond the arc.  

OO is too small..We need some size with CC out.. Hopefully the 3's are reserved for garbage time.. lol

• Premium Member

• Premium Member

Wright continues to make winning plays for the Hawks. He crashes the offensive glass from the perimeter and gets putbacks. He causes deflections by getting into the passing lanes. He moves the ball to the open man. It remains ludicrous that there was a point in the regular season when Nate McMillan announced Wright was out of the rotation, and it makes you wonder just how much he’d be playing in this series if Lou Williams weren’t sidelined with a back injury. What’s been readily apparent through three games of this series versus the Heat is Wright has turned into one of the most important players for the Hawks.

The lineup of Young-Wright-Bogdanovic-Kevin Huerter-Okongwu worked well in the fourth quarter. It gives the Hawks four ballhandlers on the floor and puts maximum pressure on the Heat’s defense.

“There are more guys out there where if I get double-teamed, I can throw them the ball and they can … attack and drive and make plays,” Young said of the lineup. “Whenever you have multiple guys out there who can dribble and make plays, it for sure makes it a lot easier for me.”....................It was inexplicable coaching on McMillan’s part to not call a timeout during Miami’s 21-0 third-quarter run, and he’s quite lucky the Hawks ended up winning this game, because if they’d lost, the focus would have been on the horrendous output during this stretch on both ends of the floor with zero adjustments. The fact that Wright and Bogdanović were on the bench for nearly seven minutes as the season looked to be slipping away was astonishing.

It’s clear that lineup adjustments should be made, and credit to McMillan for realizing it in the fourth quarter. Whether or not that continues starting in Game 4 on Sunday is unknown.

“They’ve been solid for us all season long,” McMillan said of Wright and Bogdanović. “It really doesn’t change what we’re going to do and how we’re going to play them. That was the reason why we went to an eight-man rotation was to make sure I got Delon, Bogi and Onyeka minutes out there.”

• Like 2