• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks v. Miami Heat Playoff Series

NBASupes

Key notes: 

Trae played in all 4 games v. Miami. 

Capela only started once and played twice.

Okongwu started twice and played all four. 

Bam played twice, lost when Okongwu started, once against Capela. 

Trae pretty much had his way with Miami as he normally does over the years. 

Hawks were pretty injured in the first two matchups. 

Hawks struggled against Yurtseven a lot. 

Atlanta bench constantly outplayed Miami outside of game 1. This means Atlanta will have to do more. 

Should be interesting to see how this series plays out. Trae should really be able to take advantage of Tucker, Robinson, and Herro. 

This series like so many will be won by the wings and how they handle a less heliocentric offense where they have major responsibilities. Hunter will be critical. His matchup v. Butler will define the series.

• Like 4

Trae rookie season versus Heat before Jimmy:

Hawks go 3-1, Trae +29.

Trae versus Heat with Jimmy:

Hawks 3-6, Trae -43.

They're gonna try to beat Trae up off the ball with the group of Jimmy, Martin, Kyle, and Vincent.  Good teams know you’re best bet is to prevent Trae’s catch.  Luckily he’s quick enough to misdirection away from all of them on a consistent enough basis.  Bam is gonna see more time guarding Trae than Robinson and Herro they will be hidden far far away from the point of attack.

Strus is the scary one gotta limit his open looks.  I’m here for Delon guarding Herro that’s gonna be awesome.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Both Trae and Gallo played 40 minutes last night...WOW!

Will need 'the others' to step up if they're struggling.

Keys:

. Guard the 3 (we let Lauri run wild last night)

. Delon on Herro and I expect more Delon minutes

. Team rebound (esp if no Cap)

. OO is gonna have to stay out of foul trouble

• Like 4

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Prediction: I believe JC will be back when we go to Atlanta. We will split the series in Miami and win the series in 7. 

I think so too. I would bring him off the bench and get whatever we can from him.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Trae rookie season versus Heat before Jimmy:

Hawks go 3-1, Trae +29.

Trae versus Heat with Jimmy:

Hawks 3-6, Trae -43.

They're gonna try to beat Trae up off the ball with the group of Jimmy, Martin, Kyle, and Vincent.  Good teams know you’re best bet is to prevent Trae’s catch.  Luckily he’s quick enough to misdirection away from all of them on a consistent enough basis.  Bam is gonna see more time guarding Trae than Robinson and Herro they will be hidden far far away from the point of attack.

Strus is the scary one gotta limit his open looks.  I’m here for Delon guarding Herro that’s gonna be awesome.

In my @NBASupes voice, they haven't seen playoff Trae.  He's different breed in the playoffs than the regular season.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hunter is going to have to hit his WIDE OPEN threes vs Miami. All his attempts last game were wide open. Gotta hit at least half.

This GIFs | Tenor

My thing is Hunter needs to just drive & shoot midrange.   He has all the mechanics to do so.  He knows how to use his body.  However, he also has to have the BBIQ to know when to drive.  He got his shot blocked by Markennen because he drove into a packed lane.   The other block was a foul but I don't blame him there. 

Teams have started leaving him wide open from three.  Drive and shoot the midrange jumper.  It's no shame in that.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Heat in 4 apparently.  OO is apparently Bam if Bam couldn't do anything that Bam does.  Jimmy going for 40 every game.  Their shooters go for 30 every game.  Click this only if you have a strong stomach for some BS. 

I will say this - we can't leave their 3pt shooters open like we did Markenaan. We had too much miscommunication on a lot of those plays.

• Like 2