• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

If we brought in Randle, it would be to replace JC who would go out in another deal. 

*sigh*

That wouldn't be cool.

If you bring in Randle as Gallo's replacement that's cool.

In case anyone doesn't know already, I'm a .621 guy.... this roster needs to be tampered with as little as possible.

Let me get clear on this... b/c I'm now disturbed...

@thecampster you are saying you have intel from your source that "it would be to replace JC"... or you are saying that as a matter of your own conjecture... ???

I don't personally see how Atlanta can add Randle, LaVine, and Ayton financially 

Lavine will cost Atlanta 36.5 mil

Ayton 30.5

Randle 26.5

And Atlanta has to be over the LT by 6 mil max with a full roster.

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Do you think they're doing their due diligence on a Gallo for Randle swap in case they have to include JC (and Bogi) in a LaVine S&T?

Trae/LaVine/Hunter/Randle/Ayton

this line up is not even possible financially lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Travis got a lot of work ahead of him. I am sure he has a plan financially short and long term that's feasible. 

But just a month ago you called him a fool. :eyebrow: Dang you change that mind.. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't personally see how Atlanta can add Randle, LaVine, and Ayton financially 

Ayton 30.5

Randle 26.5

*gasp*

What of they ... #TraedYoung?

Kidding, kidding ...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Latest Update for Atlanta:

1.      My guy was wrong on two fronts. He said Atlanta had interest in Evan Fournier. That was wrong. The player Atlanta was offered from NY and had interest in is Julius Randle. NY offered a straight swap of Randle for Gallo. Atlanta is scouting Randle right now personality and what happened last year which was a terrible season and if he would be a fit in Atlanta, and would he accept a backup role. If Atlanta makes this move, they will locked into the LT for the next several years and make it difficult to land LaVine and Ayton.

2.      Supes Take: My guess is Atlanta will talk to Gallo rep to push his team option back to give Atlanta more time to decide but honestly, I think Atlanta will just trade him to OKC for a TPE. They really need the room. Even if they go over the LT, they can only go over it till 6MM this year.

3.      The other item was on Malcolm Brogdon. Atlanta has talked framework with Indy but no offer has been made. Last week, I said an offer has been made. That was wrong.

The new items I have for the Hawks:

Ayton Sweepstakes – Two new teams joined the Ayton sweepstakes. The Knicks and Pacers. I am told the Knicks do not have a quality offer in place that appeals to the Suns. The Pacers have made the best offer is what I’ve been told. They have multiple future 1sts like Atlanta but expected to be worse and PHX likes Myles Turner and Clint Capela a lot. He was told the asking price is a center in the same tier as Ayton who’s under a good contract and good age. Two future 1sts, prefers early years 2023 than later. The issue is the same as Sacramento. Not appealing to Ayton.

New developments are Atlanta is tops for Ayton. Charlotte doesn’t want to trade some key young prospects for Ayton and they have other options as well.

I am being told Trae which Atlanta expected to make All NBA does make a trade more difficult and likely why Ayton really is ahead of Gobert as well because of cost but the NBA rules are that any team that does a SnT, they cannot be over the LT by 6 million dollars. This also complicates a Zach LaVine trade as JC only makes 23.5 million. 

As of right now, Atlanta is 5.4 million short for an Ayton/Capela trade. They can easily add non-guaranteed guys on other teams as throw-ins to get the deal done.

From what he has gotten this latest go around, Atlanta bench will be very young. Coop, Brown, 44th, Mays, Bogi and/or Kevin, JJ, 16th pick, and Okongwu. The focus is to boost 1-5. They really prefer to keep Hunter as I mentioned earlier. This is another reason why Gobert’s potential deal is falling through. There might not be a replacement for Gallo.

Gallo is probably most interesting watch for the Hawks till July starts. They need his contract for trade flexibility extremely bad. They should really speak to his agent and push his TO back to July that way Atlanta can use him in a SnT deal. 

I don’t have any other FA updates for Atlanta. I wish I did.

I’ll do Around the league soon. I got a lot of good NBA stuff. Gobert, LeBron, Kyrie, KD, etc.

Im kinda glad we're out on Gobert...He'll have the same problems here as he did in Utah.. Our perimeter defense sucks...

Id rather Ayton if we go Center..

But Im not in love with him either...

And why would Randle agree to backup the player he cooks everytime we play them?

Randle can at least get his own shot and give us some playmaking we lack at the 4 spot.....Not a bad rebounder either..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Im kinda glad we're out on Gobert...

Id rather Ayton if we go Center..

But Im not in love with him either...

And why would Randle agree to backup to the player he cooks everytime we play them?

Randle can at least get his own shot and give us some playmaking we lack at the 4 spot.....Not a bad rebounder either..

I never said that we are out yet. The only player I can confirm we are out on is Evan Fournier.

I personally would prefer we don't get Randle. I don't believe in him as a fit for us.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ayton 30.5

Randle 26.5

Just playing hypotheticals... if your vision is that, instead of a big 3 of Wade/LeBron/Bosh and fitting into the rest of the roster minimum contracts galore, you're running a big 4 of Trae/LaVine/Randle/Ayton out there under that same premise... that's $130m for the 4, leaving $19m for another 10-11 of minimum contracts to fill out the roster (ie, and stay at or below the tax threshold).

We okay with that?

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I never said that we are out yet. The only player I can confirm we are out on is Evan Fournier.

"almost out".. lol

I never understood that Fournier rumor anyway.. 

Edited by terrell

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

"almost out".. lol

I never understood that Fournier rumor anyway.. 

They are still in as they have an agreement with Utah but like Brooklyn when we had a deal for Brook Lopez for Dwight Howard in agreement, you are always hold to the team with the cards, us. They took D'Angelo Russell instead and we would prefer Ayton. 

I rather Gobert but that's me.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dean Walker said:

Yeah but here he’d be surrounded by more talented players and a system that would encourage him to take better shots.

The Knicks have no Pg.

We have arguably the best pg in the league.

Playing off Trae would allow Julius to become a finisher more than a creator.

Trae had Jabari looking like a player at one point.. lol

And Randle is alot better than Jabari......

Edited by terrell

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae had Jabari looking like a player at one point.. lol

And Randle is alot better than Jabari......

Jabari don't ball stop like Randle. Randle just slow everything down even more than Hunter does. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Jabari don't ball stop like Randle. Randle just slow everything down even more than Hunter does. 

I disagree with this take.

the Knicks had no point guard.

it forced Randle to be the facilitator which is not his game.

he’s more a finisher.

Put him with Trae and he’ll be all nba level again imo.