• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

After Watching Last night, Nobody should want Gobert on the Hawks.

Diesel

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Ok..  Thought about it.   How does this look....

JC/OO/future first to Phoenix for Ayton.

CC/Kev to BKLN  For Simmons. 

Bogi/2nd for Burke/Noel. 

Our starting 5 would be:

Ayton/Simmons/Hunter/Burke/Trae...

That's your bigger team.   That's your more defensive team.

Less heart, way less. I don’t want to give OO up.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Gobert’s price tag is what makes him available.  I think Trae would help him be a more effective role partner.  

Now you use the draft picks you would have spent on Ayton to bring in a legit guy like SGA or Simmons to be your second playmaker/scorer.  Or spend it on a guy like Siakim.  

Gobert improves the defense and allows you to preserve trade/draft capital.  The cost is an overpay.  It’s more like when the Clippers gave up too much for PG13 because it ensured Kawhi would sign.  

That's wishful thinking.   He doens't have the timing or the hands to be effective.    Have Trae made OO a more effective roll man?  Just saying.   OO has to stop and gather himself before continuing back up with a dunk.  It's mental.   Gobert doesn't have that problem but there's something wrong with him.  It's almost as if, if he's not on top of the basket then it's a miss.  Maybe his spatial awareness is bad... but Trae is not a miracle working.   We have taken Clint's work for granted.   Clint anticipates, he catches (sometimes with a high degree of difficulty) and he finishes in one motion.   Trae didn't teach that to Clint.  Some Nature and some nurtured when playing with Harden.   The gift of Ayton is that Ayton has a grown Offensive game.   His defense is just not as good as Clint's.   Either way, we're moving a 20 Million dollar player and trading for a player with some flaws and a slight upgrade. 

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Less heart, way less. I don’t want to give OO up.

Well, I'm sure that if we go for Ayton, OO is going to be in the deal. 

• Sad 1

Gobert hasn’t played with anyone that great. He played with Gordon Hayward and Don Mitch.

Ayton has played with Booker and Cp3. 

Just saying. Also, the last 3 years, Gobert is an all star in the western conference. The dude has super quick feet for a center and would make up enormously for Trae on D and Trae would make him much better on O. He had Rubio as his point for a while but Rubio wasn’t Trae in the “get his own department”.

Gobert 60% 
Ayton 40%

I just feel like Gobert is trying to reach the top and get a chip a bit more than Ayton. Although Ayton has been to the finals and Gobert hasn’t.

Tough one. Either would look good in a Hawk uni that’s for sure.

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

This is the fair assertion that none of the pro-Gobert folks will answer. *cough* @NBASupes *cough*  They just keep telling us he's the GOAT defender (as long as he's surrounded by a good defense, which we don't have, but they don't address that either).

Yes, he's better than Capela (in some ways) but is he $20millo per year better?

And those clips are sooooo cringe and this is coming from someone who said he has an offensive game.  I maybe wer wrong. 😬

He is the GOAT defender. Is Trae a scrub offensive player now? 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Ok..  Thought about it.   How does this look....

JC/OO/future first to Phoenix for Ayton.

CC/Kev to BKLN  For Simmons. 

Bogi/2nd for Burke/Noel. 

Our starting 5 would be:

Ayton/Simmons/Hunter/Burke/Trae...

That's your bigger team.   That's your more defensive team.

Kevin Huerter is better than Alec Burke.  What you trading for Alec Burke for.  

Everything else is fine, except CC would go to Phoenix and JC would most likely go to BKN.

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Does Trae have multiple years of getting shut down in the playoffs?

Ooh yeah, I finally got some supes-beef to put on the grill.  I been waitin' my whole life day for this.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47xloah4m4d69cm7x10g

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Everything else is fine, except CC would go to Phoenix and JC would most likely go to BKN.

Huerter should be.. but...

Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Alec Burks 2021-22 30 81 44 28.6 3.5 9.0 .391 1.9 4.8 .404 1.6 4.2 .378 .499 2.7 3.3 .822 0.6 4.3 4.9 3.0 1.0 0.3 1.1 2.7 11.7
2 Kevin Huerter 2021-22 23 74 60 29.6 4.7 10.3 .454 2.2 5.6 .389 2.5 4.7 .530 .559 0.6 0.7 .808 0.4 3.0 3.4 2.7 0.7 0.4 1.2 2.5 12.
Rk Player Season Age G MP PER TS% 3PAr FTr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG%   OWS DWS WS WS/48   OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
1 Alec Burks 2021-22 30 81 2318 13.7 .559 .534 .363 2.1 16.6 9.2 15.7 1.8 1.1 9.7 17.7   3.2 2.9 6.1 .126   -0.4 1.2 0.8 1.7
2 Kevin Huerter 2021-22 23 74 2188 11.9 .570 .541 .068 1.6 11.0 6.4 13.2 1.2 1.1 10.4 17.5   1.8 1.0 2.8 .062   -0.5 -0.7 -1.2 0.

Burke is a better defender/passer/ball handler/3pt shooter. 

20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Contracts work better with JC going to Phoenix and CC going to BKN.

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Huerter should be.. but...

Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Alec Burks 2021-22 30 81 44 28.6 3.5 9.0 .391 1.9 4.8 .404 1.6 4.2 .378 .499 2.7 3.3 .822 0.6 4.3 4.9 3.0 1.0 0.3 1.1 2.7 11.7
2 Kevin Huerter 2021-22 23 74 60 29.6 4.7 10.3 .454 2.2 5.6 .389 2.5 4.7 .530 .559 0.6 0.7 .808 0.4 3.0 3.4 2.7 0.7 0.4 1.2 2.5 12.
Rk Player Season Age G MP PER TS% 3PAr FTr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG%   OWS DWS WS WS/48   OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
1 Alec Burks 2021-22 30 81 2318 13.7 .559 .534 .363 2.1 16.6 9.2 15.7 1.8 1.1 9.7 17.7   3.2 2.9 6.1 .126   -0.4 1.2 0.8 1.7
2 Kevin Huerter 2021-22 23 74 2188 11.9 .570 .541 .068 1.6 11.0 6.4 13.2 1.2 1.1 10.4 17.5   1.8 1.0 2.8 .062   -0.5 -0.7 -1.2 0.

Burke is a better defender/passer/ball handler/3pt shooter. 

Contracts work better with JC going to Phoenix and CC going to BKN.

Phoenix would want a center in exchange for Ayton and they already know the CP3 Capela pick and roll is works.

Kevin is 7 years younger and Alec Burke isn't a good defender.

17 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Phoenix would want a center in exchange for Ayton and they already know the CP3 Capela pick and roll is works.

Kevin is 7 years younger and Alec Burke isn't a good defender.

Dieso speaks some truth in Heurter v Burke, however ... (and it's a big butt), Burke should be a consolation prize, not a targeted acquisition.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Hey man, I'm never one to put a stop to a good rant.  If folks stopped my nonsensical rants, most of my posts would be the sound of silence.

I just turn into Sue from Swingers and start going on rants when we lose. I mean I know we played badly and we have to show good sportsmanship(even though they had Morris and thuggery and everything) but I’m not ready to get off the court. Like I’m holding the 🏀 holding up the game. 

It’s like Tupac said “somebody explain why I ain’t got ish (not smith). :indifferent:

My thing is:

Somebody gotta explain why we came out like that with no adjustments made and or player performance and reliability. 

Ps @kg01 your my Vince Vaughn😘-Gonzo

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Does he though? I'll stick with the younger player here.  

Younger isn't always better.   If Kev gets better, then he can step up and Burks can go to the bench.  However, right now, Burks can bring the ball up better.  He's the better defender.  He shoots the three better.   Kev can hit the inside shot better but he's so afraid.  

25 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Younger isn't always better.   If Kev gets better, then he can step up and Burks can go to the bench.  However, right now, Burks can bring the ball up better.  He's the better defender.  He shoots the three better.   Kev can hit the inside shot better but he's so afraid.  

Burkes isn't an upgrade in my opinon.  That's a lateral move. Kevin can still improve, he may not,, but current Kevin is just as good as Burkes so I don't see the point. 

Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am just now realizing that you don't use GOAT and WOAT to mean "greatest/worst of all time" but instead use it as a general way of saying someone is one a standout in that area.  Starts to make a lot more sense of prior posts when viewed as "this person is really bad or really good" instead of literally meaning "better or worse than every single player who has ever played the game."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am just now realizing that you don't use GOAT and WOAT to mean "greatest/worst of all time" but instead use it as a general way of saying someone is one a standout in that area.  Starts to make a lot more sense of prior posts when viewed as "this person is really bad or really good" instead of literally meaning "better or worse than every single player who has ever played the game."

Correct. I mean elite or once in a generation when I say it. Literal GOAT defender is Bill Russell and offensively, LeBron or MJ.

Edited by NBASupes