• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

After Watching Last night, Nobody should want Gobert on the Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Cherry picked.  Capela isn't giving you a different result here anyways.  Also, he was fouled on the play.  Why don't you look at the game changing play late in the 4th where he guards Luka on the perimeter and then stays with him and forces a really bad shot?

https://streamable.com/k6v64h

Not to mention Conley doesn't catch him for the easiest lob ever with Finney-Smith on him in transition.  Trae makes that pass and it's ball game.  I think you guys would be shocked how bad Capela will look without a Harden/Trae level facilitator and how much better Gobert would look playing with Trae.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I would rather get Ayton than Gobert. Gobert has never had a defense around him in Utah to be fair to him. He also has never had a passer like Trae. Trae would spoon feed Gobert plenty of lobs.

I would be happy with either because it means we're investing in bigs which is what we need to build around Trae.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If I had to choose between the two, give me Ayton.   Established offense!!

You just told me that Gobert would be nothing without Trae spoonfeeding him..  Why?  Plus, he's not the defensive stopper that his reputation claims. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all have no concept of the salary cap

Srs question because I am not super familiar with NBA cap rules much more NFL, but how are all these teams fitting 2 or 3 star s on their squad Plus all this depth but we cns only fit one?

Edited by hylndr11
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Srs question because I am not super familiar with NBA cap rules much more NFL, but how are all these teams fitting 2 or 3 star s on their squad Plus all this depth but we cns only fit one?

We max Trae and Ayton/Gobert how much will we have left?

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Teams have to have capspace to sign FAs or they can do SnT.

Or you can trade a bad contract and a multitude of picks for a star.

A team can exceed the cap to resign their own players.

Then there are a miryad of exceptions for teams to use if over the cap. TPEs, MLEs, TXMLEs, etc

Then teams can be over the cap but under the Luxury Tax.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all have no concept of the salary cap

I know all the concepts around the salary cap lol I built my own model to play with to see what scenarios are realistic or not.  This is the one I like the most which keeps JC (I think we'd need a stretch 4 if we land Gobert).  We'd have to figure out how to get off Gallos dead $5M and we'd have $11M for the final 5 roster spots:

image.png

You'd have a starting rotation of Trae/Kev/Hunter/JC/Gobert with Wright/OO/JJ coming off the bench plus whoever we can fill in.  Cooper could be filled in as one of the 5 slots as well.

EDIT: We'd actually have $15M to fill out the rest of the roster so a solid MLE player plus rookies/vet mins.  The luxury floor will be $149M instead of the $145M I have listed in the sheet above.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, GameTime said:

We max Trae and Ayton/Gobert how much will we have left?

Projected salary cap for next season is $122 mil, Luxury Tax is $149 mil

Trae - $30.5 mil

Ayton - $30.5 mil (25% of $122 is his max)

Gobert - $38 mil

Below are the guarantees for 2022: 

(Gallo is guaranteed at $5 mil if released)

Screenshot_20220429-191136_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Premium Member

Also, it's important to add the cap is expected to go up a lot in a few years, so the above is really just 1 scenario where ressler refuses to go into the tax.  It's likely he would be willing to go into the tax for the right pieces since it would likely only be temporary.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Projected salary cap for next season is $122 mil, Luxury Tax is $149 mil

Trae - $30.5 mil

Ayton - $30.5 mil (25% of $122 is his max)

Gobert - $38 mil

Below are the guarantees for 2022:

Screenshot_20220429-191136_Samsung Internet.jpg

Gallo is only guaranteed $5M

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Also, it's important to add the cap is expected to go up a lot in a few years, so the above is really just 1 scenario where ressler refuses to go into the tax.  It's likely he would be willing to go into the tax for the right pieces since it would likely only be temporary.

Gallo is only guaranteed $5M

In 2022-23, Gallinari will earn a base salary of $21,450,000, while carrying a cap hit of $21,450,000 and a dead cap value of $5,000,000.

That means if he is cut, he only counts 5 million towards the cap. 

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I know, I kept it that was since if traded it would be at the guaranteed amount.

Yeah, I'm hoping we can move him as a part of a larger deal and the receiving team can decide to waive him or not.  If Gallo is suiting up for us in October, something did not go as planned this offseason

• Like 1