• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Idk. I can only tell you how good I think he's going to be. I think he's the next Derrick White but 6'8 with a 6'11 wingspan instead of 6'5 with a 6'8 wingspan who's built like Delon Wright whereas Daniels is built like a young Klay Thompson. 

Do you know how well of a shooter he's projected to become (not from the Hawks specifically, but in general)? As a prospect he kind of reminds me of Michael Carter Williams and I mean that in a good way. But he's not a shooter at all, and I question how effective of a guard he can become if he's not at least a decent catch and shoot player.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Suns want #8 for Ayton.

NBA Rumors: Suns Interested in Trading Vet for No. 8 Pick to Create Ayton Cap Space

The Phoenix Suns are reportedly looking at ways to keep Deandre Ayton despite an unceremonious ending to the season.

Per ESPN's Jonathan Givony, the Suns are among the teams interested in acquiring the No. 8 pick from the New Orleans Pelicans in the 2022 NBA draft and could include "a player like Cameron Johnson in order to free up salary-cap flexibility" to re-sign Ayton.

The Suns currently have $129.2 million in payroll commitments to nine players next season. Team governor Robert Sarver has indicated a willingness to go into the luxury tax if they are in a position to "compete at the highest level" for a championship.

I mean they either re-sign Ayton and don't blow it up or they blow it up.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Suns want #8 for Ayton.

NBA Rumors: Suns Interested in Trading Vet for No. 8 Pick to Create Ayton Cap Space

I don't think you're reading that right.

Suns want to trade a vet for #8 so they can then afford to pay Ayton.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Suns want #8 for Ayton.

The Phoenix Suns are reportedly looking at ways to keep Deandre Ayton despite an unceremonious ending to the season.

Per ESPN's Jonathan Givony, the Suns are among the teams interested in acquiring the No. 8 pick from the New Orleans Pelicans in the 2022 NBA draft and could include "a player like Cameron Johnson in order to free up salary-cap flexibility" to re-sign Ayton.

The Suns currently have $129.2 million in payroll commitments to nine players next season. Team governor Robert Sarver has indicated a willingness to go into the luxury tax if they are in a position to "compete at the highest level" for a championship.

That's not what it says.  Says they want to cap flexibility to resign Ayton.

Cam is making $5.8 mil so I don't see the cap flexibility there and not sure he gets the #8

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, theheroatl said:

No way. Either way they don’t blow up Booker and Cp3, they going again for a min. No rebuild in the Suns for a while.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

say-what.gif&ehk=xUmO0fHTeNuvEczydcKwYY9

tenor.gif?itemid=13756360

Derrick White would be extremely valuable to the Hawks if he was optimal size for a 2 instead being a big 1 like Delon. 

I love White game and I've been a lover of his game. His size paired with Trae is my biggest quarrel. 

• Like 1

Just now, theheroatl said:

Wait.  You're saying the Suns might blow their team up?  There's no scenario where that happens unless you and I differ on what's meant by "blow it up".

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shakes said:

I don't think you're reading that right.

Suns want to trade a vet for #8 so they can then afford to pay Ayton.

That’s what I said. But they ultimately want 8, if we get the blazers pick, even better! Givem that!

• Premium Member

2022-06-21_09-00-14.png

Been saying for a few weeks, I almost wish JC could be traded, if only for his own personal benefit to go somewhere that, perhaps, he's appreciated for what he is.

But I didn't mean it. I'm too selfish. I want him here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Suns want #8 for Ayton.

Cam Johnson is not gonna get them 8th overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's not what it says.  Says they want to cap flexibility to resign Ayton.

Why is everyone harping on my reading? :dontknow: So, I’m excited and can’t read today…. :laugh1: 

And last night I thought Hali was still a King.

Me at :07 is up next 😞 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait.  You're saying the Suns might blow their team up?  There's no scenario where that happens unless you and I differ on what's meant by "blow it up".

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Derrick White would be extremely valuable to the Hawks if he was optimal size for a 2 instead being a big 1 like Delon. 

I love White game and I've been a lover of his game. His size paired with Trae is my biggest quarrel. 

I wanted Derrick White at the deadline too - I just don't want him as a high draft pick.  Makes no sense to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2