• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If John Collins is traded, Duarte, Daniels, or Ivey is a Hawk.

If it's Duarte i really hope we get much more than just him coming back.    Ivey has me super intrigued though and i imagine the #4 pick would be the target to get him.   Would it be something like Collins + 16 for 4 and we take Ivey im guessing?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Please summarize.  I'm not giving them clicks. 

Already watched it and it was pretty much the same thing we have heard 24/7 already.  Nothing specific just saying everyone but Trae and maybe hunter is in alot of trade rumors.   Mostly Collins and Bogi though and thats pretty much the end of the hawks stuff.  No names we could bring in or nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

color me unimpressed right now.

Curiosity question... if we rewind Hawksquawk to June 2021, would we find you saying this then, too, or something else?

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If that was true, UTA would be better.

He alone doesn't fix an entire defense. 

Agreed wit this all the way.  Rudy helps tremendously on interior defense but isn't a miracle worker away from the rim.  He is still good outside of it but not much better than what we already have in Onyeka, Capela, and Collins away from the rim.    To get him if it costs Collins and Capela then you screw over the offense big time and lose a solid periemter defender as well in Collins that would be the guy you want to help Rudy.     I've said it before unless you can get Rudy without giving up Collins it's not really worth bringing him in here. Unless you can replace Collins with a guy like Siakam, AD, Sabonis, Porzingis, or Durant.    A guy that can seriously stretch the offense out and also defend as well out there.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

He alone won't fix our defense.

Jazz defensive rating without Gobert was 117 last season (16 games) and 110 with him.  That's about worst in the league to top 10 defense.  Gobert would literally fix our defense -- that's how good he is on defense.  Trae is a top 5 offense by himself.  That's why some of us (read: me and @NBASupes) are very excited about the potential of paring Trae/Gobert

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Jazz defensive rating without Gobert was 117 last season (16 games) and 110 with him.  That's about worst in the league to top 10 defense.  Gobert would literally fix our defense -- that's how good he is on defense.  Trae is a top 5 offense by himself.  That's why some of us (read: me and @NBASupes) are very excited about the potential of paring Trae/Gobert

That will be difficult to do but it means we can't be hard capped

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If John Collins is traded, Duarte, Daniels, or Ivey is a Hawk.

If we trade with the Pacers for Duarte, what could a return look like? Pacers don't really have any expensive contracts outside of Buddy/Miles/Brogdon to make the deal work. Doubt Travis would take on bad money just to acquire Duarte, so multi-team trade perhaps?

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Im sorta interested in seeing what our defense without capela is.  Do we have the numbers on that and is their anyone on the Jazz defense anywhere near as bad as Trae and Bogi's together than Rudy has to overcome on the perimeter.  Thats something i would be worried about as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, akay said:

If we trade with the Pacers for Duarte, what could a return look like? Pacers don't really have any expensive contracts outside of Buddy/Miles/Brogdon to make the deal work. Doubt Travis would take on bad money just to acquire Duarte, so multi-team trade perhaps?

If Ivey goes to Indiana

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Oh man I hope he actually knows what the FO is doing. 

Have to think so.

But also, wouldn't his tweet feel like a bit of a slap in the face to whoever would get sent away?

In that respect, it seems to invite some awkwardness... and I wonder "would Trae do that?" Never seemed to be that kind of guy.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

But also, wouldn't his tweet feel like a bit of a slap in the face to whoever would get sent away?

lol I always wonder this as well -- the only way it wouldn't be a slap in the face is if it was a player clearly better (all-NBA type player)

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

If we can't get a top 10 pick for John, I would strongly consider Duarte/McConnell/protected lottery pick for JC. That makes us better long term. I like that deal. 

JC value isnt what Hawks fans think it is..But yikes...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I wonder if we're trading for KAT -- haven't heard much chatter there and that pairing with Trae would be an offensive powerhouse.  It would make sense why we would ship JC out and OO would complement KAT well on both ends of the court.  If we still had Kevin (ideally we'd upgrade to defensive stud at SG) it would be:

• Trae
  • Kev
  • Hunter
  • OO/KAT
  • KAT/OO

THOUGHTS?!?!!?

• Like 1