• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

14 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Im sorta interested in seeing what our defense without capela is.  Do we have the numbers on that and is their anyone on the Jazz defense anywhere near as bad as Trae and Bogi's together than Rudy has to overcome on the perimeter.  Thats something i would be worried about as well.

image.thumb.png.ee2ae01ee7ed3d7b978a6126d1fc6fe5.png

That's Capela's on/off this year.  On court, we give up 116.1, off court we give up 115.4. We are .7 points better with Capela off court than on.

Addendum.  Capela spends a lot of his time on the court with Trae (also why offense is up a good bit vs off court).  We're playing against backups typically when Capela is off the floor.  I did a whole comparison on this using Cap and Gobert.  Rudy = better the last 3 years vs other centers.  But his team off vs on is better, much better than Clint on defense.

• Thanks 1

Seen this offer on real gm from a portland fan and i honestly can't say i hate it if we absolutely had to move on from Collins.

Collins + 16

for

7, Bledsoe, 46, and Keon Johnson.

I break it down like this

7 for Collins is probably fair value overall

I like Keon Johnson more than alot of guys at 16 i see this year and we get a extra 2nd and a big expiring after this year to free up cap space and a solid backup PG + a 2nd round pick we can sell for money if we want too.

Probably not the best thing we could do with Collins but also not one that i would lose my mind over if it happened.

Edited by Threezus
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Have to think so.

But also, wouldn't his tweet feel like a bit of a slap in the face to whoever would get sent away?

In that respect, it seems to invite some awkwardness... and I wonder "would Trae do that?" Never seemed to be that kind of guy.

Why would it be a slap in the face? Trae was just referencing his new baby duties 😉

But also, Nba players tweet vague things all the time. Doubt anyone would have any awkwardness/hard feelings, unless it's like a situation like where Eric Bledsoe wanted out publicly, but you find that Eric had made a promise to a friend on the squad to stay on the Suns together until a championship was won.

So, hopefully no promises were made and Trae isn't unintentionally mildly sabotaging relationships 😬

Just now, thecampster said:

That's Capela's on/off this year.  On court, we give up 116.1, off court we give up 115.4. We are .7 points better with Capela off court than on.

Addendum.  Capela spends a lot of his time on the court with Trae (also why offense is up a good bit vs off court).  We're playing against backups typically when Capela is off the floor.  I did a whole comparison on this using Cap and Gobert.  Rudy = better the last 3 years vs other centers.  But his team off vs on is better, much better than Clint on defense.

Would you be willing to send me this site i love looking into metrics like that where you can see people's helpfulness.  Would love to look over other players things like that.   Watch it be a site i alreadu go to and just overlooked it 😄

Just now, Threezus said:

Would you be willing to send me this site i love looking into metrics like that where you can see people's helpfulness.  Would love to look over other players things like that.   Watch it be a site i alreadu go to and just overlooked it 😄

82games.com

• Like 1

Just now, thecampster said:

Also is this last years numbers or since clint has been here i would love to see clints numbers for the year he finished top 3 to 5 in defense for us like 2 or so years ago.

58 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Detroit does have the number 5 pick and may have interest in Collins.  Can obsorb Collins and another good sized free agent now and build a competitive team. 

Not very likely. 

Yeah i think Detroit would go after Ayton rather than trading for JC but anything is possible.

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hawks are fkd..

Yup I think Detroit are the front runners for Ayton now that they have cleared even more cap space . Of course this is just me assuming things and doesn’t mean anything.

Just now, JTB said:

Yeah i think Detroit would go after Ayton rather than trading for JC but anything is possible.

Yup I think Detroit are the front runners for Ayton now that they have cleared even more cap space . Of course this is just me assuming things and doesn’t mean anything.

We always the bridesmaid. Tease of Ayton. 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Threezus said:

Also is this last years numbers or since clint has been here i would love to see clints numbers for the year he finished top 3 to 5 in defense for us like 2 or so years ago.

20-21 they were 7.3 points better defensively with CC on the floor.

20-21 Utah was 13.4 point better defensively with Rudy on the floor.

His difference really was that big.  They were also 6.9 points better per 48 offensively with Rudy on the floor. He can be that impactful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

So the move to trade Grant gives Detroit about $49 million in salary cap room after picking at 7.  They have the cap room to sign Ayton out right.

Shheeeshhh don’t rub it in Camp!

image.gif.0c38cdbef8ea3452f6783f9996ee7636.gif

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If John Collins is traded, Duarte, Daniels, or Ivey is a Hawk.

Duarte? I dont know what Travis sees in this kid.. Avg at best..And already 25..