• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

8 minutes ago, sturt said:

Nearly midnight, and I'm left to assume that the whiteboards in SFA remain stocked with a variety of options... Fischer's news caused a stir, but having no other reliable source affirming the Murray item, and indeed, some reason to be skeptical... I'm back to thinking things are still fluid, and there's no purpose served by trying to guess the outcome.

But maybe that's just me.

G'nite.

EDIT... oh... hehe... well, this is fun...

The thought of this is getting me amped too. Now wondering how Nique will pronounce Murray's name. Lol

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

LaRavia or Liddell in a slight trade up from 44.. lol.....We worked them out.. Both should be NBA ready... Both will be off the board at 44 though.. 

Come on man, really? Two way contract guys. none of those guys will be there at 44

Edited by NBASupes

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Come on man, really? Two way contract guys

Joking. I already said Tucker or Portis could fill in as stop gap.. Hawks arent winning a ring next season awith JC and OO anyway....At least we'd have our core in place....With Trae/Murray/Hunter/CC. Much easier to find a PF than a fit at SG with Trae.. And we could still trade Clint to Suns right?

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Joking. I already said Tucker or Portis could fill in as stop gap.. Hawks arent winning a ring next season awith JC and OO anyway....At least we'd have our core in place....With Trae/Murray/Hunter/CC. Much easier to find a PF than a fit at SG with Trae..

Tucker would help but he's not signing with the Hawks and Portis is ass. Low BBIQ energy players only work when you got a Giannis or someone elite covering for them

Its hard as hell to find a good PF and it's hard as hell to find a good guard. Good players aren't easy to get.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Tucker would help but he's not signing with the Hawks and Portis is ass. Low BBIQ energy players only work when you got a Giannis or someone elite covering for them

Morris twin? lol. We just need PF to rebound, defend and hit open shots..

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The only one that's good is not even available. The one in LA

Covington? Batum? Porter Jr? Slow mo? lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

Btw, everything I posted above was shared with the other two insiders in our insider thread. They can verify this if need be that this information I shared was known for some time before today. We have been trying to guess who this mystery team and player is. It might be Murray. It might NOT be Murray.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

In a Spurs fan twitter spaces, they are saying that Murray and pop had a little beef and Murrary wants to win.  It may be a mutual thing to get him out of San Antonio.  San Antonio may be moving up to get Sacramento's pick to draft Jaden Ivey which is also why Murray may be out.  

The Spurs may be trying to get picks to move up in the draft.  Also, their may be a third team to trade John to.

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Apparently I now have some kind of green light from a source.

There is a secret trade that the Hawks and a mystery team agreed to sometime ago. I was not given the name of the team or the players involved. I have never been denied names before by this source. The source said it was so secret hush hush that if any word of it got out the Hawks would know immediately who the leak must have come from on the Atlanta side of things. So no names were given. 

When I started to conjecture names I was asked to stop guessing and to respect that it could cost the source their jobs if they gave any more information. They also said the Hawks and the mystery team were engaging in misinformation campaigns in the offseason to throw off teams and to basically keep their secret trade off the rumor mill.

I was conjecturing that Murray might be the secret deal. It meets the criteria of NOT being a rumored deal up until the draft. It checks off other tidbits I had been told a while back that the team was going to trade for an All Star player. No name was given. Just that.

Capela is gone is what I was told as well. I asked if that was part of the secret trade or something. I was told to stop trying to guess. But I was told not to buy a Capela jersey unless I wanted another throwback. It doesn't take much to read into that.

Murray and Ayton? No way.. lol

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

In a Spurs fan twitter spaces, they are saying that Murray and pop had a little beef and Murrary wants to win.  It may be a mutual thing to get him out of San Antonio.  San Antonio may be moving up to get Sacramento's pick to draft Jaden Ivey which is also why Murray may be out.  

The Spurs may be trying to get picks to move up in the draft.  Also, their may be a third team to trade John to.

Figured something like that. Murray seems a bit edgy for the Spurs.

Plus, they been doing a lot of losing the past few years. If I’m a young rising star/ 1st time All-Star, I’d want to taste playoff success too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Its hard as hell to find a good PF and it's hard as hell to find a good guard. Good players aren't easy to get.

I will say this though i feel we already got a good PF waiting in the wings with Jalen Johnson.  Where as i can't say that about SG so far.  I mgiht be wrong about Johnson but i really really like his game and what he can become and i already think he has a legit nba body compared to some kids that come out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Apparently I now have some kind of green light from a source.

There is a secret trade that the Hawks and a mystery team agreed to sometime ago. I was not given the name of the team or the players involved. I have never been denied names before by this source. The source said it was so secret hush hush that if any word of it got out the Hawks would know immediately who the leak must have come from on the Atlanta side of things. So no names were given. 

When I started to conjecture names I was asked to stop guessing and to respect that it could cost the source their jobs if they gave any more information. They also said the Hawks and the mystery team were engaging in misinformation campaigns in the offseason to throw off teams and to basically keep their secret trade off the rumor mill.

I was conjecturing that Murray might be the secret deal. It meets the criteria of NOT being a rumored deal up until the draft. It checks off other tidbits I had been told a while back that the team was going to trade for an All Star player. No name was given. Just that.

Capela is gone is what I was told as well. I asked if that was part of the secret trade or something. I was told to stop trying to guess. But I was told not to buy a Capela jersey unless I wanted another throwback. It doesn't take much to read into that.

Green light? Sources?  Heck, i put this together last December without any sources.

1 minute ago, Threezus said:

I will say this though i feel we already got a good PF waiting in the wings with Jalen Johnson.  Where as i can't say that about SG so far.  I mgiht be wrong about Johnson but i really really like his game and what he can become and i already think he has a legit nba body compared to some kids that come out.

100% agree

And to be honest, if we get Ayton it allows the flexibility of OO to play PF defensively while still being the C on offense as Ayton can step out to 3pt range as he hit 37% on low volume last season.

Jalen would have an a ton of opportunity as the 3rd big in the rotation.

All depends on what other moves we plan to make.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1