• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Murray changes the trajectory of your franchise

Right, He does. Not because of his talent... his talent and JC's talent level are essentially on the same tier.

Because of... all the damn extras you're sending to SAS to get him. That's what changes the trajectory of your franchise.

Painful to watch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Right, He does. Not because of his talent... his talent and JC's talent level are essentially on the same tier.

Because of... all the damn extras you're sending to SAS to get him. That's what changes the trajectory of your franchise.

Painful to watch.

It's Amare trade talks all over again. 

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The part you're referencing is me saying their relationship isn't dead.

Yes, I got that. But then I evidently misunderstood you to say that the front office was looking at a way of keeping JC (apart from switching Cs) that hadn't previously been recognized. (I don't really know still what you were trying to say there in those sentences, but okay, doesn't matter now I suppose.)

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is a major overrating of a guy just because he's a Hawk, supes.  I like OO and I see really good potential for him.  He's a winning player, even.  But there will be guys drafted tonite that are just as good or better than him.

I'm putting my hand on your shoulder here because I care.

My boy campst walked into the 'Squawk office kitchen like ...

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47ekpw84w8wpc0ldlt5dc

And listen, the exec committee (yep, it's a thing) has been monitoring your posts.  You're really close to getting a call from 'management' telling you to get some sleep.

OO is only 21 and has yet to have an offseason to work on his game.  He had shoulder surgery immediately after the 2021 playoff run and was out for 6 months until January.  He even had foot issues after being drafted in 2020.  The fact that he already shoots 73% from FT lends me to believe he can develop at least a respectable midrange jumper.  

He's just SO young and has only been used in pinches for the Hawks thus far.  He is already a very useful player and hasn't had the chance to develop his game at all.  Until this offseason.  I do believe him when he says "I promise I'll come back with a jumper next year".  Those are big words that you don't hear often from players.

That being said, I may still pull the trigger for Murray if we had to throw in OO, but it would be really hard to do it.

• Like 4

Murray is 6'4 190 and Trae is 6'2 175. That's one of the most undersized backcourt in the NBA 

You got to make up for that and with quality. Okongwu, Hunter, and Capela does make up for it. But you remove Okongwu, it's hard finding someone who can who needs limited touches, etc. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Okongwu does change the trajectory of your franchise. What the f*** are you talking about?

He has to prove it on the court.  Let me rephrase, OO potentially could change the franchise trajectory vs Murray will definitely change it.  

Just now, Final_quest said:

He has to prove it on the court.  Let me rephrase, OO potentially could change the franchise trajectory vs Murray will definitely change it.  

He has, all of his metrics are off the charts. He just needs more playing time which we can't do because we got JC and Capela in front of him and he was splitting mins with Gallinari who's had a lot of success in this league. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He has, all of his metrics are off the charts. He just needs more playing time which we can't do because we got JC and Capela in front of him and he was splitting mins with Gallinari who's had a lot of success in this league. 

smdh

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Reasonable JC for Murray trade:

To SAS

JC

2022 #16

2023 CHO pick

To ATL

Murray

~$10m new cap room

That is reasonable for the Hawks but you might have to add another first or one OR two pick swaps for them to close the deal.

Edited by theheroatl

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Murray is 6'4 190 and Trae is 6'2 175. That's one of the most undersized backcourt in the NBA 

You got to make up for that and with quality. Okongwu, Hunter, and Capela does make up for it. But you remove Okongwu, it's hard finding someone who can who needs limited touches, etc. 

6'10 wingpsan on Murray tho. hell be fine

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

He's just SO young and has only been used in pinches for the Hawks thus far.  He is already a very useful player and hasn't had the chance to develop his game at all.  Until this offseason.  I do believe him when he says "I promise I'll come back with a jumper next year".  Those are big words that you don't hear often from players.

That being said, I may still pull the trigger for Murray if we had to throw in OO, but it would be really hard to do it.

One thing I've noticed over my 20 years posting on this site.  People project their fantasy of what a player on a rookie contract will become.  It's almost like they value someone like Okongwu more because there is mystery and intrigue on what he COULD be.  The fantasy projection becomes reality.  

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Reasonable (ie, most I could ever fathom giving up) JC for Murray trade:

To SAS

JC

2022 #16

2023 CHO pick

To ATL

Murray

~$10m new cap room

This is what I am looking for and it's extremely rich. Two 1st, JC. That's a lot. You start doing Jrue Holiday deals when you no where near as good as the Bucks and you end up looking retarded

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

One thing I've noticed over my 20 years posting on this site.  People project their fantasy of what a player on a rookie contract will become.  It's almost like they value someone like Okongwu more because there is mystery and intrigue on what he COULD be.  The fantasy projection becomes reality.  

Based on what he is today, he's extremely useful for us. Man, this site and its delusions when they want something bad

Amare all over again

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

That is reasonable for the Hawks but you might have to add another first or one OR two pick swaps for them to close the deal.

In other words... and I thank you for agreeing with my previous point...

We're going to lose this trade if it's anything like what's being suggested it's going to be. We just are.

Murray is an up and comer, but he's not so certain that you throw allllllll  these proven and high potential assets at him. A year ago, people were wondering what SAS would do with him... he was essentially the PG/SG version of John Collins... a potential ASG player who wasn't seeming to get there, and with some notable injury history.

This isn't beyond my wildest imagination crazy, but it's pretty far out there.

*sigh*

giphy.gif

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Two 1st, JC. That's a lot.

You're right, that's rich. It's a slight overpay.

Camp's right tho... that cap space is worth something, and so that's why I could stomach it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae ain't 6'2" hombre.

• Haha 1