• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

JC + OO + 16 + Charlotte 1st - I'm good. Also good subbing a protected 1st instead of OO.

But I don't want to lose out on a true 2nd star in Murray to pair with Trae just because of what OO could POTENTIALLY be.

Right now, he's an undersized 5 who hasn't shown that he can play the 4 or even develop a jump shot.

Not going to split hairs on OO when you could potentially have a foursome of - Trae / Murray / Hunter / Ayton leading your team for the next f'ing decade.

Literally throw whoever at the 4 and roll with it but don't lose out on Murray just because you don't want to lose OO. 

Murray is not that good to me. So I disagree. He's not Kevin Durant. Two 1st and JC is a elite offer and Okongwu isn't the equivalent of a protected 1st. He's way more valuable than JC and any of those picks. This is usually when I know you don't understand or rate Okongwu clearly when he's a filler in a trade for a player like Murray 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Since I’ve missed like 40 pages of content, can someone give a short recap with these points because going back several pages seems very unclear.

Is there reportedly a tentative deal right now between Atlanta and SA that both teams are shopping to see if they can do better?

If so, is there a report of what that deal is other than it involving Murray and JC?  (Any known picks, players beyond that or just “more undefined stuff?)

Is this being reported outside of our posters on this thread (any by that I mean more than the myriad of “the Hawks are likely to trade JC” type of commentary)?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

Murray is not that good to me. So I disagree. He's not Kevin Durant. Two 1st and JC is a elite offer and Okongwu isn't the equivalent of a protected 1st. He's way more valuable than JC and any of those picks. This is usually when I know you don't understand or rate Okongwu clearly when he's a filler in a trade for a player like Murray 

If we include OO on top of JC I wouldn't let SAS fleece us for a bunch of 1st round picks on top of that. It's one or the other.

Blowing the deal just because OO is included is when I know you overvalue him.

But let me be clear, I would much rather NOT lose OO. I do think he has a lot of potential. But including him isn't going to be a deal breaker for me.

• Like 1

Just now, AHF said:

Since I’ve missed like 40 pages of content, can someone give a short recap with these points because going back several pages seems very unclear.

Is there reportedly a tentative deal right now between Atlanta and SA that both teams are shopping to see if they can do better?

If so, is there a report of what that deal is other than it involving Murray and JC?  (Any known picks, players beyond that or just “more undefined stuff?)

Is this being reported outside of our posters on this thread (any by that I mean more than the myriad of “the Hawks are likely to trade JC” type of commentary)?

Thanks!

All we know is JC and Murray package. San Antonio wants a Jrue Holiday like package. 

The other ish is just us giving our opinions.

Right now there is a massive divide between the Trae needs a guard crowd and the Hawks need to put a complete team together to win around Trae and Trae plays through bigs so we need to be smart crowd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

25 year old all star only making 16 million the next two seasons. Hes so damn good and the price is gonna be as expected high. You guys value jc too high imo. His value isn't nearly what many think and as a result more picks or swaps will be attached too it

Just now, ShooterSays said:

If we include OO on top of JC I wouldn't let SAS fleece us for a bunch of 1st round picks on top of that. It's one or the other.

Blowing the deal just because OO is included is when I know you overvalue him.

But let me be clear, I would much rather NOT lose OO. I do think he has a lot of potential. But including him isn't going to be a deal breaker for me.

I wouldn't even trade more than one pick if Okongwu is the centerpiece. Take it or leave. JC and Okongwu? f*** that. That's idiotic!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Thanks!

1. Basically yes

2. No

3. Some twitter guy Jake Fischer started it by saying the two teams were in discussions. Chris Kirschner then confirmed talks were happening. Then Squawk insiders said they hadn't heard it but it jived with some top secret rumors they had heard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mikey said:

25 year old all star only making 16 million the next two seasons. Hes so damn good and the price is gonna be as expected high. You guys value jc too high imo. His value isn't nearly what many think and as a result more picks or swaps will be attached too it

That's cool and all which is why they want a Jrue Holiday like comp. Still doesn't make it a great deal. You trading a top 60 player in JC for a top 40-50 player in Murray. This is not a top 40 for top 100 guy. This is an insane trade value deal. 

Two 1sts and JC is RICH. Three 1st and JC, at this point you just playing 2k as a newbie. Atlanta ain't nice enough like Milwaukee to be trading all of that. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't even trade more than one pick if Okongwu is the centerpiece. Take it or leave. JC and Okongwu? f*** that. That's idiotic!

Yeah i agree.  Folks ready to trade JC for a single first and think we need to give up JC and OO and firsts for Murray?  I love Murray but that's too much

• Like 1

Just now, macdaddy said:

Yeah i agree.  Folks ready to trade JC for a single first and think we need to give up JC and OO and firsts for Murray?  I love Murray but that's too much

That's a good offer for Kevin Durant. That's a horrible criminal offer for Murray. That's the Hawks getting ski masked bad. 

Murray for JC and two 1st is really the base. Adding another 1st and that's far more than New Orleans got for Holiday 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Thanks for this. I just had to explain this cartoon to my wife when she heard me crack up laughing from across the house. 

Surprisingly - she didn’t find it as funny as I did. 

Did you try to make your dog talk? Relive it for her but make the dog talk....she'll get there.