• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

24 minutes ago, akay said:

I'm confused on what you mean, what more do you think he can do in his current capacity?

I am very sure there's a chart or stat out there that shows that Trae creates the most/easiest looks for his teammates than anyone else in the league.

If you're referring to him holding the ball a lot, you can thank Kevin for being too timid to drive and attack. Trae does not have any reliable secondary options around him, really not sure what you expect him to do

No, you don't understand, Trae is ball dominant so those clean looks he gets everyone don't count. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Watchman said:

All I can tell you is that I don't expect him to dribble the ball in a stationary position until there is not enough time to start something up.  Why not start 5 seconds or more sooner?  It's too easy to surround him when he doesn't move, and he cannot always pass the ball out of the trap. Again, part of the problem is Nate's lack of use of a motion offense.  Trae's teammates don't come toward him when he gets in a trap situation, and that is a coaching problem.  I have never seen even a high school team that doesn't come to help their teammate out.

Then sounds like the blame solely doesn't lie with Trae.  To me he's the least of our worries, but you said we could never win a championship with him as a number one option.  

Nothing you said above has anything to do with him being an umber one option.  It's crazy how you talk down to literally the second best offensive player in the league.

Just say you don't like him because he's small and move on.

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Watchman said:

It may be, but we change coaches every time we turn around.  We had one of the best coaches and ran him off.  We saw the improvement that Nate brought over Lloyd, but learned that it was because he continued to use Lloyd's sets.  When he converted to his own sets, we played like a tanking team again.

Tanking teams don't have winning records. 

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

No, you don't understand, Trae is ball dominant so those clean looks he gets everyone doesn't count. 

He gets looks for his pets.  The ones he doesn't like so much are ignored (i.e. JC).  Collins is a better finisher than Capela, but the majority of the passes go to Capela.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

He gets looks for his pets.  The ones he doesn't like so much are ignored (i.e. JC).  Collins is a better finisher than Capela, but the majority of the passes go to Capela.  

Again, you are complaining about a system flaw and not Trae.  You do realize before John got hurt John and Capela were like the 3 and 4th most assisted players in the league right? 

What are you basing this off of?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Trae had one of the greatest seasons ever when it comes to an individual’s offensive contributions while limiting turnovers.  Our team numbers were also great in those categories.  
The crazy thing is a lot of his turnovers are fouls that aren’t called.  A shot attempt where he gets bumped or hacked and it forces a bad pass.  
Trae being turnover prone has no basis in fact.  

Him, and frankly the rest of our team, not getting any calls in the Miami series was horrendous. I don't really know how to fix that other than playing at level of intensity, but our current squad isn't built like that

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Neither did we for the majority of the season.

Uh, who cares? We were dealing with more injuries/covid cases than most teams, and still ended up with a positive record only a few games away from our projected win rate.

Also, I'm not sure how we like to handle topics going off topic, cause rumor thread really shouldn't be a Trae is actually good for us thread lol

• Like 1

So, what’s the plan? I know they took and made a lot of calls according to Landry but no deals were made. The team can say they are looking to get better and even make a chance but to actually do it based on how demanding rival teams are, it’s starting to seem unlikely.

Do you think they are making it a point to make trades because I’m not sure they will get anything of value based on the posturing from other teams. 

Also, if we do stick with the same squad what becomes of Gallo? They haven’t waived him yet and I doubt they can use him as a trade piece at his salary.

The NBA is in a weird spot where many teams aren’t desperate to make moves so it doesn’t create value opportunities.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

So does drafting a couple of wings mean we will be trying to move Hunter/Huerter/Bogi this offseason??

As much as it pains me to say it, I hope we can move on from Bogi. 

He is one of my favorite players, but I really want some players without injury concerns. I love that Trae is an iron man, but the rest of the team needs better health.

Also, is there anyone on the roster who's going to challenge Aj for minutes? I feel like he's gonna get more pt than JJ and Coop cause his skillset is more easily translatable to the nba, and he actually played in college

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

3rd best odds are....something.

Interesting... seems we have been making an earnest effort to snatch him. 

Would still rather acquire Murray tbh, I feel like KD is gonna command a lot more to get him.

• Like 1