• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Cam reddish is garbage man. He has one good game every like 15 games and because he was a fan favorite people go crazy. The first they got for him isn’t even likely to convey for the next 2/3 seasons and they got it from the franchise that’s about to pay jalen brunson 27 million a year… the Knicks are trash and the hawks barely even got a pick from them for him

the nba is more talented now but for every good late pick there are equally as many bad ones. Your banking on the 25th pick being something more than a rotational piece and that isn’t very likely even then. Like look at the last couple of years most of the people in that range don’t play or are even on 2nd or 3rd teams man. 

You’re kidding yourself if you think postseason doesn’t matter 

Cam ain't garbage bro. That's your personal take bro. 

Anyway to your next point, you are right  the NBA is more talented than it used to be. You know why? Because the drafts are a lot better. 

We don't know where our picks will be with Murray or with this current squad. Murray isn't Gobert, he's not even SGA. He's the same tier with JC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

The Cam stuff hardly seems timely or particularly relevant but here is my take:

• Cam's tools are A grade
  • Cam's actual play career to date is D grade

I think sometimes people talk past each other when discussing Cam because some are focused on value stemming from as of yet unrealized potential (maybe seen in flashes but not as part of his baseline play) while others are focused on his overall production (which has been a net negative for his teams career to date).  I was high on him because I saw a really high ceiling with his tools and excited every time he had a great game because it might be a step towards consistently realizing that potential.  He still has the potential.  But it is hard to argue that he has actually helped a team win more games over the course of any season based on his limited career to date.

True but I think in this case if we are talking about the ability of Schlenk to draft a high with tools and ability he did that in Cam. Cam just didn’t fit into our scheme. 

I don’t believe he is close to being done and will fit in somewhere and find his nitch eventually.

But the Schlenk drafting has been outstanding.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Cam reddish is garbage man. He has one good game every like 15 games and because he was a fan favorite people go crazy. The first they got for him isn’t even likely to convey for the next 2/3 seasons and they got it from the franchise that’s about to pay jalen brunson 27 million a year… the Knicks are trash and the hawks barely even got a pick from them for him

the nba is more talented now but for every good late pick there are equally as many bad ones. Your banking on the 25th pick being something more than a rotational piece and that isn’t very likely even then. Like look at the last couple of years most of the people in that range don’t play or are even on 2nd or 3rd teams man. 

You’re kidding yourself if you think postseason doesn’t matter 

lee-corso-not-so-fast.gif

Cam Reddish has all of the tools to be the Hall of Fame level player that we thought he could be. There is a reason all of his peers said his name first when asked who gave them their worst beating on the court. I don't know why it didn't translate to a better  career in the NBA so far, but it isn't his talent. 

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Ayton Update.

Murray Update:

I am starting to think Fischner is a lurker here..lol. 

Good job @Sothron for giving the details on the trade talks beginning in February. 

The Fischer guy doesn't seem credible at all.

• Like 3

Just now, Spud2nique said:

True but I think in this case if we are talking about the ability of Schlenk to draft a high with tools and ability he did that in Cam. Cam just didn’t fit into our scheme. 

I don’t believe he is close to being done and will fit in somewhere and find his nitch eventually.

But the Schlenk drafting has been outstanding.

I agree. I loved the Cam pick at the time and still would have done it looking back. His ceiling is too high to pass on

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I agree. I loved the Cam pick at the time and still would have done it looking back. His ceiling is too high to pass on

I'll go one better.

If he becomes available in free agency and I was persuaded that he's lost whatever prima donna made him tell Schlenk he wanted to be traded... I'd want him back if we could come together on cost.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cam ain't garbage bro. That's your personal take bro. 

Anyway to your next point, you are right  the NBA is more talented than it used to be. You know why? Because the drafts are a lot better. 

We don't know where our picks will be with Murray or with this current squad. Murray isn't Gobert, he's not even SGA. He's the same tier with JC.

Cam is garbage bro. You’re literally the only one that defends him to this day. Slipped on defense, not efficient, no handle. He does nothing well *right now*. Maybe he reaches his ceiling one day but cam reddish right now is a bad basketball player. 

saying Murray who has been An all nba defender and an all star is on the same tier As JC is disrespectful. And that’s why you think his value is an overpay. The dude is twice the player jc is. John collins can’t even net is positive value right now and y’all think he’s a top 40 caliber player LOL. 

Drafts can be deeper that doesn’t guarantee at all what the hawks get will be better. Murray isn’t gobert or sga but he’s a not far behind and paying an offensive limiter center that much money isn’t getting you anywhere. Enjoy watching trae get trapped nonstop still. We would win a ton of regular season games and be trash in the playoffs with gobert. Sga would net a significantly higher package than Murray but like many hawks fans keep dreaming about the next guy and the next guy after that. Never push the chips to the middle of the table 

Just now, sturt said:

I'll go one better.

If he becomes available in free agency and I was persuaded that he's lost whatever prima donna made him tell Schlenk he wanted to be traded... I'd want him back if we could come together on cost.

He really gotta get his shit together and understand he needs to master his role and play in that. He's about to be on his 3rd team because the potential card only last so long 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mikey said:

Cam is garbage bro. You’re literally the only one that defends him to this day. Slipped on defense, not efficient, no handle. He does nothing well *right now*. Maybe he reaches his ceiling one day but cam reddish right now is a bad basketball player. 

saying Murray who has been An all nba defender and an all star is on the same tier As JC is disrespectful. And that’s why you think his value is an overpay. The dude is twice the player jc is. John collins can’t even net is positive value right now and y’all think he’s a top 40 caliber player LOL. 

Drafts can be deeper that doesn’t guarantee at all what the hawks get will be better. Murray isn’t gobert or sga but he’s a not far behind and paying an offensive limiter center that much money isn’t getting you anywhere. Enjoy watching trae get trapped nonstop still. We would win a ton of regular season games and be trash in the playoffs with gobert. Sga would net a significantly higher package than Murray but like many hawks fans keep dreaming about the next guy and the next guy after that. Never push the chips to the middle of the table 

There it is. You doggin out Cam to fanboy Murray. I knew their was a catch to all of these theatrics. 

No, he's not that guy unless the cost is reasonable. 

The end

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There it is. You doggin out Cam to fanboy Murray. I knew their was a catch to all of these theatrics. 

No, he's not that guy unless the cost is reasonable. 

The end

Nobody is doggin anybody to prop up anybody LMAOO. Cam literally has nothing to do with this whole situation. You mentioned him cause you love him for god knows why. Dudes been living off his high school tape for years. 

Murray makes 16 million next 2 years. 3 picks is reasonable. Jsut cause you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s reasonable. Think of the contract not player 

31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

96 PAC as you roll down the I5! 🥳 

Funny, I was walking downtown and all the vendors and passing cars were blasting Pac.  I thought I'd transported back to the 90's. 

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll have tried turning Murray who's older than JC about to be on a max on the same tier with JC into this superstar when he's not that guy. 

No one's doing that.

16 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

The Fischer guy doesn't seem credible at all.

I been saying this.  I think he has some insight but he aggregates a TON of stuff that's only regurgitated non-news.  I'd say it's probably 90+% regurgitation and sleight of hand with his wording.  It's insulting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1