• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome A.J. Griffin

marco102

Anybody see Jaden Ivey's comments w.r.t. the kingdom of heaven being near and Jesus returning soon and whatnot?

Reminded me of AJ's comments.  Odd in that he and I've have had weird times with their team/coach.  Pistons fans are frustrated that Monti hadn't played Ivey more in the absence of any 'reason' why. 

For reference, I'm a religious cat who believes there are ways to articulate what they're saying.  I just don't think either one did a good job of it.  Assuming Ivey was serious, it's unclear if he was or not.  Eta.  Upon second viewing, I'd say he was being genuine. 

Just thought it was a strange parallel.

Edited by kg01

Being a Southern Baptist, a Deacon and a retired Sunday School teacher, I feel compelled to speak on this topic.

Looking down through the eons of time, regardless of how many years we live, it is but a short span of time.  The end of time for all of us is but a small breath away.  Death is a reality, and we must all face it.  Remember that warning when we, as children, played hide and seek?  "Ready or not, here I come!"

Jesus, in his teaching in the bible, never ask anyone to figure out when the end of time was coming.  He asked us to do his work while we were able and, as a great command, he told all of us who believe to love one another as he has loved us.

:smug:

• Like 4

• 1 month later...