• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome A.J. Griffin

marco102

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I remember AJ was considered young for a freshman, just checked and he turned 20 this past August. I know most of us didn’t have all of our stuff figured out at that age. Hope he is getting the support he needs first and foremost, and can return to his early season form on the court once he’s ready. I still have high hopes for him!

Still very young.  He and Kobe are the same age.  (He is younger by a little bit than several of this year's lottery picks.)

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

We struck gold with JJ and got led with AJ. I think he can still turn his career around but he can go do that in a rebuilding team that is looking at 2-3 year window to compete. 

He's in his 2nd year and 20 and on his rookie contract. With our current pick status, you keep him and develop him and hope he bounces back. 

Unless he is included as part of a trade for a clear upgrade, keep.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
32 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

@JeffS17 do you still have season tickets? Have you seen him on the bench? Is he interacting with the team if so?

Yeah, AJ seems normal out there... joking around during warmups, etc.  I'm guessing for AJ whatever personal issue he's had and his time away from the team has him out of game shape right now, but I don't really know anything -- just my own speculation.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

This is why he should be with the Skyhawks!

:smug:

He should either be getting minutes with the Hawks or heavy minutes with the Skyhawks.  Agree with you and Jay 100% here.

Based on how terrible his shot has looked, I would actually prefer he start with the Skyhawks to get in some volume in a lower pressure environment and come back when his stroke is comfortable again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anyone has access to this?

This is my question.  A player on an NBA contract has to agree to go to G league right?   I'm thinking he hasn't done that but would love the answer. 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This is my question.  A player on an NBA contract has to agree to go to G league right?   I'm thinking he hasn't done that but would love the answer. 

I don't think he has a choice since he is so early in his career.

image.png

NBA Assignments - The NBA G League

That said, I imagine a lot of teams don't force players to the g-league if they resist.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think 3 years and under can just be assigned.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 5:18 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

He's in his 2nd year and 20 and on his rookie contract. With our current pick status, you keep him and develop him and hope he bounces back. 

Unless he is included as part of a trade for a clear upgrade, keep.

100%.  If you try to include him in a trade, then you are not going to get the value you used to get him back.  He's worth developing to see what's there.  I am not sure what the issues have been this year.  He was bad in summer league.  Very inefficient.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Just let AJ play somewhere. You gotta keep the ball 🏀 bouncing baby. Tough times don’t last tough people do LETS GOOOO AJ! You built for this! 

I had a dream that, about halfway through the 1st qtr of the 1st game after the break, Kwin was upset with the teams effort.  So he subbed in 5 guys to take out the starters.  AJ was among those subbed in, so I was glad.

But the question is why TF am I full-on dreaming about watching a Hawks game? 🤔

In fairness, I've been up the past few nights with kg04 and 05 since they're both sick.  Was it more like a foreboding vision or a fever dream? 🤔

:Bob: Sounds like bad taco meat, kg. 

• Haha 4