• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome A.J. Griffin

marco102

What happens when a guy doesn’t have game reps for months. Play speed and practice speed are completely different.

Also wouldn’t surprise me if kid faked the injury as an act of protest against the main club for sending him down.

Shitty situation either way. Sophomore year completely wasted.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

What happens when a guy doesn’t have game reps for months. Play speed and practice speed are completely different.

Also wouldn’t surprise me if kid faked the injury as an act of protest against the main club for sending him down.

Faked the injury?

• Moderators
11 hours ago, KB21 said:

I feel like there is more to the AJ Griffin saga than what we have been lead to believe.  It's very coincidental that AJ basically gets shut down for personal reasons, and within a month, his dad gets fired after leading Milwaukee to a 30-13 record.  

When the story eventually comes out i think it's going to be a little different than everyone has guessed.  I don't know what's going on but something is really off. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

When the story eventually comes out i think it's going to be a little different than everyone has guessed.  I don't know what's going on but something is really off. 

Man, hoping AJ, his dad and the whole family can get past these horrible events and find some peace ☮️. When you feel a sense of “heaviness” (With emotion not Zion’s love ❤️ lard @kg01 😉) you just can focus enough to ball 🏀. Get well AJ! 🙏🏿 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I don't think AJ is that type of person from what we've seen of him so far. The game aired live on YouTube yesterday afternoon and AJ didn't look disgruntled or anything. He was actually playing well before he went down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Eh, you confusing me.  I feel like your first comment  doesn't match the second.  Like 'I see why he could've gotten hurt' but 'I wouldn't be surprised if he faked it'..

Stop confusing your fans(sic), redd.  😄 

• Haha 3

On 2/21/2024 at 9:43 AM, kg01 said:

I had a dream that, about halfway through the 1st qtr of the 1st game after the break, Kwin was upset with the teams effort.  So he subbed in 5 guys to take out the starters.  AJ was among those subbed in, so I was glad.

But the question is why TF am I full-on dreaming about watching a Hawks game? 🤔

In fairness, I've been up the past few nights with kg04 and 05 since they're both sick.  Was it more like a foreboding vision or a fever dream? 🤔

:Bob: Sounds like bad taco meat, kg. 

Kg-stradamus.... 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 2/23/2024 at 12:41 AM, RedDawg#8 said:

AJ is playing tonight so no fake injury. :deke:

1st quarter: 6 minutes,5 pts 2-4 (1-2 from 3).

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, hawkman said:

AJ getting his mojo back is a ray of light in a pretty frustrating season. He scored 21 with no free throws and clearly has his shooting touch back:

image.png

The kid has been lethal with his shot his whole career.  It didn’t make sense for him to struggle with it.  This is great to see.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Would love to see AJ getting Hawks minutes before the end of the year.  I can't see any reason not to otherwise we'll have no idea what we have for next year.

Does the Gleague want guys like Baze for mentorship or is he really trying to get back into the NBA.  I guess the latter but it's hard to imagine him getting back on a nba roster.  there are too many guys that can do what he does. 

• Like 3

Happy that AJ is healthy and playing.

Sorry for being an A-Hole, as you can tell, this season has left me quite disgruntled as a fan.

I hope AJ gets that mojo and confidence back. They are different players but Kobe looks so much better after crushing it in College Park. Would love for a return of 22-23 AJ.

Part of me wishes some of our regular guys would go down there more often and get their shit together instead of slumping it on the main roster, but that’s just me.

Go Hawks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Would love to see AJ getting Hawks minutes before the end of the year.  I can't see any reason not to otherwise we'll have no idea what we have for next year.

Does the Gleague want guys like Baze for mentorship or is he really trying to get back into the NBA.  I guess the latter but it's hard to imagine him getting back on a nba roster.  there are too many guys that can do what he does. 

If AJ has his shot back and is in the right space mentally, he needs to be back in the rotation ASAP. I don't even care about his defense since the team is pretty bad on defense all around. The team will need all the offense it can get, and AJ can provide that. Ideally, Kobe and AJ end up soaking up all of the backup PG/SG minutes for the rest of the season. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

If AJ has his shot back and is in the right space mentally, he needs to be back in the rotation ASAP. I don't even care about his defense since the team is pretty bad on defense all around. The team will need all the offense it can get, and AJ can provide that. Ideally, Kobe and AJ end up soaking up all of the backup PG/SG minutes for the rest of the season. 

I'd prefer to let him finish out the season at College Park.  Yes, we need a wing, but we need a wing that can defend.  That's AJ's weakness right now, and offensively, his role would be the one Bogi plays.  He's not to Bogi's level yet.  

If Trae hadn't gotten hurt, I would have likely left Bufkin at College Park as well.  

• 2 weeks later...