• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Unless Atlanta willing to spend over the LT this year

NBASupes

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Did yall think supes' one-yesr break from his Collins-hate was gonna last?  I'll give him credit for being creative, but that's all the 'Collins contract was a mistake' stuff is.

I don't hate JC, I like him and I value him. That contract is ludicrous and it is biting us in the ass

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

All that tells me is they're trying to make the same mistake on Hunter that ORL made on Isaac.  Not an encouraging sign.

As long as it's 'team friendly' and includes some Exhibit 3 language for games played, I'm  good with it.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

We will see but if Okungwu proves to be a better center then yes Capela will be traded. If Okungwu becomes this star power forward then maybe not.

Ya'll extremely undervaluing Clint on here. Massively overvaluing JC

• Thanks 1

Just now, marco102 said:

What contract wouldn't have been ludicrous @NBASupes?

5/100. Which is the range other teams wanted him for 4/80 but he gets an extra year since we have his rights. He would have been more tradable at that wage. He still don't fit the prototype of what NBA teams want from the 4.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

5/100. Which is the range other teams wanted him for 4/80 but he gets an extra year since we have his rights. He would have been more tradable at that wage. He still don't fit the prototype of what NBA teams want from the 4.

You are still missing what she is saying...even at a $5 mil discount, the Hawks salary cap issues would be essentially the same

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

How is my statement undervalued Clint??? I said if Okungwu is better Clint will be traded.

No center is going to pass Clint unless we force it. He fits Harden, Trae, and CP3 to a T. He doesn't ask for touches. Great teammates. Excellent defender. High BBIQ and plays possession by possession Basketball. He is an elite rebounder. For his salary, we aren't going to find better. 

Okongwu will never be a center in Atlanta outside of a backup role. Too small, not a good enough rebounder, and just way too small. He's a PF long term. Defensively, he's an excellent one right now. Offensively, he got work to do but offense doesn't mean shit to me honestly. 

Offense is a luxury from a 4 in our system. Defense from the 4 is a necessity. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You are still missing what she is saying...even at a $5 mil discount, the Hawks salary cap issues would be essentially the same

He's just focused on the lesser contract being more easily tradeable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Teams don't talk like that. They talk like, he has 80 million in salary guaranteed and blah blah. They have a value chart, and see where he fits. He's overpaid. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

So you're saying the extra $3.5 million he's making this year is ludicrous?  It's even insane for you to make a thread about $3.5 million dollars a year or to be more exact $4 million a year over the life of the contact. That isn't ludicrous my friend. 

Essentially he is finally admitting again that it isn't about the money...its about John Collins the player. For some reason he doesn't think people see right through his attempts at deception.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Teams don't talk like that. They talk like, he has 80 million in salary guaranteed and blah blah. They have a value chart, and see where he fits. He's overpaid. 

So in reality you are looking at this from a trade perspective and the reality is there is no reasonable salary in which you would value John on this team...thanks for the clarification.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's also underutilized. That should be considered if you want to say he's overpaid.

45 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Cam was next too. You had him penciled in as  receiving one of the Designated rookie max extensions this offseason. How'd that work out?

Both Hunter and OO need to show they can both STAY on the floor for a full season.

Why? JC never proved that...

So, this team went from going over the luxury tax to penny pinching?  I thought there was a mandate to get better.  Something is not adding up here.  Maybe I overthink this but if this team stays "WTOC" mode, we will be getting handed by Miami again (please do not say if Capella and/or JC was there, it will be better) and Travis going to be out of job.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

So, this team went from going over the luxury tax to penny pinching?  I thought there was a mandate to get better.  Something is not adding up here.  Maybe I overthink this but if this team stays "WTOC" mode, we will be getting handed by Miami again (please do not say if Capella and/or JC was there, it will be better) and Travis going to be out of job.

Supes is not speaking for the team.  Be wary of the conclusions you draw from this thread. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Why? JC never proved that...

18.7 missed games per season since he came into the league for JC. 22 for OO and Hunter only missed 5 games as a rookie, his last 2 years have been injury prone.