• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, shakes said:

What about stripping the 76ers of multiple first round picks?  That seemed to do a lot of havoc to the T Wolves regarding the Joe Smith contract.

That could do it too. But they can get a boat load of 1st round picks through trading one of their star players if this year doesn't work out. 

• Premium Member

:ph34r:

Collin Sexton wanted $20 million per season?

i_28_b6_7a_collin-sexton.png?w=190Chris Fedor: Collin (Sexton) wanted something north of 20 million annually coming into this offseason. I was told that he wanted an annual contract that started with a two, not a one. And he sees himself as a starting two guard in the NBA.

– via Zach Lowe @ ESPN

• Moderators
18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:ph34r:

Collin Sexton wanted $20 million per season?

i_28_b6_7a_collin-sexton.png?w=190Chris Fedor: Collin (Sexton) wanted something north of 20 million annually coming into this offseason. I was told that he wanted an annual contract that started with a two, not a one. And he sees himself as a starting two guard in the NBA.

– via Zach Lowe @ ESPN

This has always been my concern with Sexton is that he wants to be the man but he's a small off guard and not a great PG.   I'm a big fan of Mitchell but he's definitely an anomaly as an elite small SG.  But he also has more strength and a huge wingspan.   

Sexton has been much better in the NBA than i expected though so who knows?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

This has always been my concern with Sexton is that he wants to be the man but he's a small off guard and not a great PG.   I'm a big fan of Mitchell but he's definitely an anomaly as an elite small SG.  But he also has more strength and a huge wingspan.   

Sexton has been much better in the NBA than i expected though so who knows?

Sexton is a 6th man.  A really good one.  The sooner he accepts it the better.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

This is a dog n pony show, stu.  You know that, right?

Actually, no, I don't. Educate me.

(And do a better job than the last guy I asked, would ya? 🙂 )

50 minutes ago, sturt said:

Actually, no, I don't. Educate me.

(And do a better job than the last guy I asked, would ya? 🙂 )

Let's wait until the "investigation" is done. 

Once no actual penalties are levied, we'll know it's all a sham for show.  Call it me being a pessimist wrapped in a skeptic. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Call it me being a pessimist wrapped in a skeptic. 

I didn't think we allowed that kind of thing around here.

I mean. Just based on the pushback I received for essentially the same role played in another thread given a different premise. 😉

But maybe you can get away with it better than I do. 😄

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sturt said:

I didn't think we allowed that kind of thing around here.

I mean. Just based on the pushback I received for essentially the same role played in another thread given a different premise. 😉

But maybe you can get away with it better than I do. 😄

Oh, stop being a baby. 😉

10 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Awww

Oh, stop being a baby. 😉

But, now that I have you both here, thanks for the unintentional comedy yesterday. 

You guys were practically Laurel & Hardy for us ... actually, now that I think about it, who thinks Laurel & Hardy were funny?  Another classic(sic) that was actually crap on a stick like the Stooges.  People in the early 20's or 30's or whatever it was, had no idea what 'funny' was.  Ridiculous 

• Haha 3

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You guys were practically Laurel & Hardy for us ... actually, now that I think about it, who thinks Laurel & Hardy were funny?  Another classic(sic) that was actually crap on a stick like the Stooges.  People in the early 20's or 30's or whatever it was, had no idea what 'funny' was.  Ridiculous 

Oh really?  AcclaimedIncomparableHairstreak-max-1mb.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

@kg01 I don't know what was said, if anything, after I left the thread. And I'm not going to resurrect the conversation here. But you know me by now... if people laugh, that's nothing to me. I made a cogent point, and as sometimes happens, the point apparently stung a little and people took some offense to it. I heard their challenges, I responded to those. I remain content that my pessimism... as perhaps is yours here... was/is merited... and in that particular case, I'm not wrong to prefer to see our guys make smart choices that are more likely to result in their arriving at training camp healthy.

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

@kg01 I don't know what was said, if anything, after I left the thread. And I'm not going to resurrect the conversation here. But you know me by now... if people laugh, that's nothing to me. I made a cogent point, and as sometimes happens, the point apparently stung a little and people took some offense to it. I heard their challenges, I responded to those. I remain content that my pessimism... as perhaps is yours here... was/is merited... and in that particular case, I'm not wrong to prefer to see our guys make smart choices that are more likely to result in their arriving at training camp healthy.

I think most of us share your concern but acknowledge (a) it's futile to expect basketball players to not play basketball.  You have to love it to be great at it and, if you love it, there is no "off" season.

Plus (b) none of this is new, it's just viewable now.  That's the part where I think you miss the boat most.

I say that all knowing (a) you just said you cared not to rekindle the discussion and (b) you can't resist doing just that anyways. 

It's like me when i see an opportunity to drop in a 'thats what she said'.  I cant miss those.  It's an addiction of sorts.  Yours is just more high brow, I guess. 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I think most of us share your concern but acknowledge (a) it's futile to expect basketball players to not play basketball.  You have to love it to be great at it and, if you love it, there is no "off" season.

I'm not going to let you drag me back into it, even with ICYMI screenshots... but this was explicitly addressed. Suffice it to say, I agreed with that precise point. This is a strawman.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Plus (b) none of this is new, it's just viewable now.  That's the part where I think you miss the boat most.

I'm not going to let you drag me back into it, even with ICYMI screenshots... but this was explicitly addressed. Suffice it to say, I agreed it's "not new," and that the fundamental point was that it's become more widely viewed, thus leading to reason to be more wary of Joe HSStars, who naturally are conscious of the wider set of eyes watching them perform, and anxious to make a memory for themselves that might not be in the All-NBA player's best interests.

That's the part where I think you (and others?) missed the boat.

(Edit: Now just watch the "likes' pile up... hehe... for the previous post that is... the cognitive dissonance is awesome.)

I'm done on that specific thing. But if you want to talk about our shared pessimism, that's still a legit topic... except that I do have to do some actual work required of me today, so I'll not be as engaged here.