• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

De'Andre Hunter Signs Extension:4yrs/$95 million

JayBirdHawk

I think Hunter had quite a difficult time with Quin Snyder, unfortunately.  He had the worst +/- of all regular players by a pretty wide margin after the all star break.  Hunter went from +1 to -3.7.  The rest of the front line had a similar decline, Collins and Capela jumped to around -3 after both being around +1.  

The five starters began the season as one of the top lineups in the league at about +4.3 when all five played together.  After the all star break they declined to -3.3 when playing together.  That is a MASSIVE drop.  It's like going from top 5 to bottom 5.  (This dynamic probably deserves its own thread.)

The bench lineups carried our team after the all star break.  Any lineup with Bogi, OO, Bey, Jalen, and AJ was hugely positive.  Especially if they played with Trae over Murray.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/19/2023 at 10:21 AM, djjob23 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if some players believe their job is done after 82 games and the rest is seen as overtime. I don’t want any players on my team that play just for the paycheck or can’t perform when it matters most. Give me passionate players that meet their childhood heroes on the court and have wet dreams of basketball. That’s where you find hearts of champions. 

Didn’t even know these statements existed, but they help prove my point here and make me wonder if DeAndre Hunter is on the other side of this coin (prove me wrong). We NEED to take value in this (not just talent/skill) if we want to win! If you’re bag focused, could care less what happens on the court, and aren’t winning… GTFO! :gtfo:

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 2:50 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

With Trae, Nate does a good job on putting him on the guy who is a designated spot up shooter, who normally sees a low volume of shots.  So even with Trae letting his guy score 51% of the time, he's not giving up more than 10 actual points a game because  his guy shoots at a low volume.

image.thumb.png.1a251d7dffb2c2880ef2dc53fb6444a4.png

Meanwhile, John Collins has been THE MAN defensively on this team.  All of us see it, and the numbers back it up.

image.thumb.png.8e7165e7a913671355bd703dc48f34f1.png

Capela has been good overall as well, despite him giving up the most FG makes on the team

image.thumb.png.27d7ed35962ee06e8b26a709e86aa990.png

So in the grand scheme of things, De'Andre is not an impact defender, despite the fan base making him out to be. He's simply just "solid".  Solid is cool, but it may not get us ( or him ) to that next level. 

As a team, we need more defensive impact from Dre, and overall defensive improvement from Trae, even if he has to start taking chances to steal the ball more and create fast break scoring opportunities. 

image.gif.70eb0d6408cb657aa613a5f0078f9a95.gif

• Haha 3