• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DJ Murray!

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, swanlee said:

He's been way better then advertised and him and Trae have the making of the best back court in the NBA. We need to lock him up long long term even he he needs a max contract.

I said it during the offseason, Murray's best basketball is in front of him. Dude has improved every year he's been in the leauge and continues to add to his game.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

Feel like he has been exactly as advertised.  Basically duplicating last year's production.

image.png

Going off of memory, but I feel like you and others were worried about his shooting, mainly threes. Small sample size for sure, but I’ve been impressed so far.

• Like 3

• Moderators
17 hours ago, cam1218 said:

Going off of memory, but I feel like you and others were worried about his shooting, mainly threes. Small sample size for sure, but I’ve been impressed so far.

I was worried about his scoring efficiency and agree he is off to a very good start.  (New career high).  I was hoping he would reach a new career high being able to play off of the attention that Trae draws.  Moreover, I think there is upside for even better shot opportunities for both of them if Nate can get the offense doing less iso.  Right now he is taking more difficult shots due to the number of iso possessions.

For comparison:

Trae 2021-22 .603% TS%

Huerter 2021-22 .570% TS%

DM 2022-23 .556% TS%

Hunter 2021-22 .547% TS%

Cam 2021-22 .537% TS%

DM 2021-22 .533% TS%

DM Career .517% TS%

• Like 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, AHF said:

I was worried about his scoring efficiency and agree he is off to a very good start.  (New career high).  I was hoping he would reach a new career high being able to play off of the attention that Trae draws.  Moreover, I think there is upside for even better shot opportunities for both of them if Nate can get the offense doing less iso.  Right now he is taking more difficult shots due to the number of iso possessions.

For comparison:

Trae 2021-22 .603% TS%

Huerter 2021-22 .570% TS%

DM 2022-23 .556% TS%

Hunter 2021-22 .547% TS%

Cam 2021-22 .537% TS%

DM 2021-22 .533% TS%

DM Career .517% TS%

I'd be interested to see this for EFG%.  That's one of my favorite efficiency stats because it removes the ref impact.  From watching a lot of bball, I feel like refs generally have a generous whistle for 1 player per team and it's tough to draw fouls if you're not that primary marketed superstar.  I understand this borderlines conspiracy but just what I feel like happens.  So while there are reasons DJ is getting fewer FTA attempts this year, I feel like that is part of the reason.  It's really nice to see how well he's been from 3 though because that extra space makes Trae more deadly.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I'd be interested to see this for EFG%.  That's one of my favorite efficiency stats because it removes the ref impact.  From watching a lot of bball, I feel like refs generally have a generous whistle for 1 player per team and it's tough to draw fouls if you're not that primary marketed superstar.  I understand this borderlines conspiracy but just what I feel like happens.  So while there are reasons DJ is getting fewer FTA attempts this year, I feel like that is part of the reason.  It's really nice to see how well he's been from 3 though because that extra space makes Trae more deadly.

I like the TS% better because I think getting to the line is a skill but here are the efg% numbers:

For comparison:

Huerter 2021-22 .559% efg%

Trae 2021-22 .536% efg%

DM 2022-23 .530% efg%

Hunter 2021-22 .506% efg%

DM 2021-22 .500% efg%

Cam 2021-22 .487% efg%

DM Career .487% efg%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1