• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bulls at Hawks

lethalweapon3

40 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Nice effort on the rebound JC. Good lord that was pathetic. 

Watching the replay, Collins just didn't judge that it wasn't going in.  He was battling for position with Williams on the other side, while no one put a body on Dosunmu. 

Dosunmu inbounded the ball, and ended up getting the offensive rebound.  That should never happen.  But it was a heads-up play by the kid for even thinking about going into the paint.   The rest of his teammates just watched DeRozan shoot the ball.  Dosunmu had sense enough to at least be in the paint.  And he was rewarded for it.

If Fields does make a decision to trade Collins, or any other player, we need someone that isn't afraid to scrap and claw for the simple loose balls.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BudBall said:

Hire someone from the Coach Bud tree please, least that style of basketball is enjoyable to watch. This heavy ISO during crunch time is just awful.

The play with 2 minutes to go in the 4th where DJM isolated with four Hawks completely standing still watching him all shot clock dribble and miss was the worst play of the game. How is this good offense, scheme, or coaching? These players aren't coached to move. smh

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

To be honest, almost everyone in the league goes ISO in those situations, to run the clock down.  The good motion teams will at least try to run some quick hitting action with under 10 seconds.  But the guy with the ball still has the option to go ISO.  NBA coaches always side with running the clock down, instead of getting the best possible shot.

The offense in the last 3 minutes was much better than it has been

• Layup by Trae
  • Layup by Dejounte
  • Missed 12 footer by Dejounte
  • Missed 20 foot stepback by Trae
  • Dunk by Okongwu via a Trae assist
  • Alley-oop dunk by Okongwu via a Trae assist

So that's us scoring in 4 of the last 6 offensive possessions to get 8 points.  That's actually great.

The problem is, we didn't stop them not one time.  And the one time that we did force a miss, they got the offensive rebound and still scored.

• DeRozan 17 ft pullup jumper
  • Williams 17 ft pullup jumper
  • LaVine 18 ft stepback jumper
  • LaVine 18 ft pullup jumper
  • DeRozan 20 ft pullup jumper
  • DeRozan missed jumper
  • Dosunmu layup

I'm not mad at our offensive play down the stretch.   LaVine and Derozen hit big shots down the stretch.    I'm not going to sit up and cry a river over this loss.   Our guys fought.  Great games by Trae,  AJ and OO.   We gave ourselves a chance to win.   Chicago made big plays down the stretch and it came down to one basket. 

It's disappointing but I'm not mad at all.  I am happy that our guys stayed the course being down so big early. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Got to maintain your rotations.  Plus, why would we want to see AJ score when we can watch Trae pound the ball up and down?

Nah...

Bogi, Trae, DJM for scoring and ball handling.    Hunter, JC  or OO for defense on bigs...  Who you pulling?

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Nah...

Bogi, Trae, DJM for scoring and ball handling.    Hunter, JC  or OO for defense on bigs...  Who you pulling?

Hunter or Bogi.  Neither were having great games.  You can still make the end of game defensive adjustments.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Watchman said:

Hunter or Bogi.  Neither were having great games.

Well Hunter defended DeRozen fairly well on the last shot.    Bogi was better in the 2nd half and probably could have come out in the 5 minute mark..  I guess Nate wanted that extra ball handler in the game?  But I agree.. The Matador was hot in the second half, we should have let him finish. 

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

jazz-quin-snyder.jpg

I see your synder and I raise you a D'Antoni.

NBA: Mike D'Antoni Is Ironically Now an Assistant Coach for His Former Star  Player

Listened to D'Antoni on JJ Reddicks podcast (the old man and the three). He'd be perfect for us right now.   He's about making star players efficient and effective.  I think he could work miracles for both Trae and our offense. 

• Premium Member

Looking at it again, it's Bogi's fault.   Bogi let Dosunmu come in untouched.  He's supposed to seal him off.  Just like JC was Boxing out Williams.  Bogi should have boxed out his closest man and he didn't.  OO was just there too.

• Like 2

Just now, Diesel said:

Looking at it again, it's Bogi's fault.   Bogi let Dosunmu come in untouched.  He's supposed to seal him off.  Just like JC was Boxing out Williams.  Bogi should have boxed out his closest man and he didn't.  OO was just there too.

Why is Bogi even on the floor? Id rather have a cold JH out there.. smh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Yall still think Trae is a closer? Just asking.

Did he make a shot in the 2nd half?

He's having to take extremely difficult shots at the end of games.  But true closers make difficult shots. So no, right now, he isn't closing the way we need him to.

In Trae's case though, he's trying to shoot over guys who are 5 - 8 inches taller than him, because opponents are either putting a SF on him, or a center on him to block his view to the basket for midrange and shorter 3s ( which is why he shoots the bomb in late game situations ).

This is why most of us are begging Nate to install some type of motion to these end of game situations, to give Trae the option to shoot the ball or find a wide open shooter.

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

Why is Bogi even on the floor? Id rather have a cold JH out there.. smh

I agree... I don't know why Nate believes Bogi is a good defender.   He's not.  Not even championship Bogi is a good defender.  This is the time when you bring in AJ or JH or at the least JJ. 

• Like 1