• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trades: Do you see any you would make before the trade deadline

NBASupes

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I honestly don't think Lauri would have developed here under Nate. Our offense is two guys playing iso ball all game and three guys standing there watching or being the center for the 1/5 PNR. Lauri would just stand there waiting for a ball that never comes to him just like Collins.

Agreed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Knowing how Lauri would develop this year, yes, I wish we had made that trade now. But I honestly don't think Lauri would have developed here under Nate. Our offense is two guys playing iso ball all game and three guys standing there watching or being the center for the 1/5 PNR. Lauri would just stand there waiting for a ball that never comes to him just like Collins.

I think he would have bailed us out more as a 3rd scorer and more high volume 3pt shooter.  Also the two 1sts would have been great.  Plus the less expensive player.  Too many good reasons to try and milk more out of the trade.  And like you said before, we didn’t take the trade because we could possibly do better.  I said it then and will again now that we should have jumped on that.

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

I think he would have bailed us out more as a 3rd scorer and more high volume 3pt shooter.  Also the two 1sts would have been great.  Plus the less expensive player.  Too many good reasons to try and milk more out of the trade.  And like you said before, we didn’t take the trade because we could possibly do better.  I said it then and will again now that we should have jumped on that.

I mean, you aren't wrong, but the Blazers sure wish they had taken Jordan instead of that Bowie guy too. That was the first serious offer for JC and the FO thought JC would play into better offers.  You can't blame them for not knowing JC would have  his worst three point shooting in his career this season.

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I mean, you aren't wrong, but the Blazers sure wish they had taken Jordan instead of that Bowie guy too. That was the first serious offer for JC and the FO thought JC would play into better offers.  You can't blame them for not knowing JC would have  his worst three point shooting in his career this season.

I will respectfully disagree with this.  I appreciate you a lot Soth but I believe the front office screwed this one up by being too cute.

19 hours ago, AHF said:

I’m sick here but seeing people cursing at and calling others posters names.  Knock it off.  Make your point without that garbage.

AHF get better soon guy. Also, I had a cold for the past month, kept thinking it would go away with soup, rest, salt water etc. (the usual stuff).. turns out it wasn’t viral but bacterial. Had to take antibiotics that I just finished yesterday. 

Get well ❤️🩹.

• Sad 1

On 12/31/2022 at 3:42 PM, Sothron said:

Sooo...now the Jazz are trying to send us a poo poo platter of contracts with  protected firsts to get Collins. Lauri is definitely off the table as I feared because Lauri is an All Star this year and the Jazz fans are crazy over him. So is Ainge and the coaching staff. They want to pair JC with Lauri in their frontcourt.

Pair them? 

23 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

We should have jumped at that initial trade offer like many suggested here.  Our front office and ownership just makes me sad now.

Just Ridiculous.......

19 hours ago, Sothron said:

Better offers than Lauri and 2 1sts? lol

@NBASupes @Sothron

Don’t even think about it Hawks!!! 😡 

January 2, 2023 | 11:01 am EST Update

Karl-Anthony Towns trade chatter to pick up if Wolves fail to qualify for Play-In Tournament?

i_db_99_06_karl-anthony-towns.png?w=190
Having just signed an extension, Towns can’t be traded until the summer. But if the Wolves either fail to qualify for the play-in or lose before the second round, expect deafening chatter around Towns’s future.There’s always a chance Minnesota turns things around by tightening up its three-point defense and finding a better way to space the floor around its three stars, but I’m not counting on it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

@NBASupes @Sothron

Don’t even think about it Hawks!!! 😡 

January 2, 2023 | 11:01 am EST Update

Karl-Anthony Towns trade chatter to pick up if Wolves fail to qualify for Play-In Tournament?

i_db_99_06_karl-anthony-towns.png?w=190
Having just signed an extension, Towns can’t be traded until the summer. But if the Wolves either fail to qualify for the play-in or lose before the second round, expect deafening chatter around Towns’s future.There’s always a chance Minnesota turns things around by tightening up its three-point defense and finding a better way to space the floor around its three stars, but I’m not counting on it.

We've already had talks about KAT in the past and probably again this summer. When @NBASupes talks about how Trae's best partner is an elite offensive big man he is not wrong. KAT is exactly that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We've already had talks about KAT in the past and probably again this summer. When @NBASupes talks about how Trae's best partner is an elite offensive big man he is not wrong. KAT is exactly that.

Disagree. Absolutely positively wrong. We would give up points and you think some folks are on the fence about JC now, foos gonna HATE KAT. That dude is a lackluster loser of a franchise player equal to probably no other than a Melo type. Melo held the Knicks hostage and KAT the Wolves. This guy is EXACTLY what’s SOFT about the NBA. 

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He's that when he wants to be...

He doesn't always want to be. 

Capela out for the forseable future.  Good grief!  We needed another big before, now we are desperate for another big old boy. 

No, we won't.  No, we can't.  But, we know that we should.

🕵️‍♂️

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Disagree. Absolutely positively wrong. We would give up points and you think some folks are on the fence about JC now, foos gonna HATE KAT. That dude is a lackluster loser of a franchise player equal to probably no other than a Melo type. Melo held the Knicks hostage and KAT the Wolves. This guy is EXACTLY what’s SOFT about the NBA. 

This is the only recent talk in the insider only private conversations. Hawks are interested in KAT and Embiid if Harden goes to Houston and Embiid wants out which is what most insiders think will happen just FYI. I can verify Hawks interest in KAT and Embiid. Trae wants an elite big man to play with.