• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One core guy you would be willing to trade most?

Spud2nique

One core guy you would wanna trade most?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Who’s the one guy you’d wanna trade most? 

If you had to…

Bonus points:

To what team for who? 

Confused.  Is this the core poster we'd most like to trade?

Nevermind, I might bring the most value back so just forget I said that.  🤔

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

I don't want to trade anybody...  But, if I take the emotion out of it, in an ideal world I would swap TWO core guys.

Hunter is the first and that's who I voted for.  Realistically, there's never going to be a possession where you want a Dre isolation with Trae/DJM watching.  It's honestly situational whether you want to go to him or somebody spotting up, or a lob to JC/OO/Cap.  All we can really use him for in this offense is 3 and D.  We don't play through him, he just gets his turn like everyone else.  Hunter's spot would be much better served with a sniper.

I am not talking straight up swap, but I would put Buddy Hield there if I could - but in a different system that moves the ball with a purpose and generates CnS.  (I didnt' realize he was 30 years old already tho...*scratches head*)

*edit - Nevermind.  Just realized something...

The other move I would make *sigh* if I just HAD to... 

I would break up JC and Capela.  It hurts my soul to say it, but it's not optimal having these two guys on the floor with that overlap and Clint bringing nothing but cleanup if he's not the roll man.  It's workable if JC can reliably stretch the defense with his shot or if we had a designated shooter in the starting lineup.  I just don't like leaning on JC's shot like that though.  I like seeing him take that shot situationally as opposed to needing him to hit that shot constantly.

Myles Turner is probably a player I'd target at C, despite the reservations people have about this being a contract year for him and whatnot.

I don't know what the framework of any of these deals looks like and I've never been the "trade machine" guy.  I'm just looking at this from a high level point of view.  I would pair JC with a stretch 5 and I would do anything to get a sniper in the starting lineup.  Not really keen on any changes though.  We really just need a new offensive system.  The only player moves that would get me excited are KAT or Brandon Ingram.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/7/2023 at 10:17 PM, Spud2nique said:

Who’s the one guy you’d wanna trade most? 

If you had to…

Bonus points:

To what team for who? 

Bogi for J Crowder and Shamet possibly 2nd rounder. 

We could use the toughness that Crowder brings and him and Shamet can help with our outside shooting. With Crowders experience and defensive mindset he can help change the moxy of our team and leave Trae who has been getting better as one of the only weak defenders on the squad.

Edited by sillent
  • Thanks 1

Bogi and Hunter

Bogi only because he is often injured and older, and Hunter cause he is always injured and still plays in a hesitant way

I questioned resigning Hunter, I think we needed him to have a healthy season before commiting to him, seems he will always miss a dozen or more games a year with injuries.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, swanlee said:

I questioned resigning Hunter, I think we needed him to have a healthy season before commiting to him, seems he will always miss a dozen or more games a year with injuries.

A dozen would be OK... I mean, that means he still plays 85% of his games.   The problems come when he only plays in 70% or less.   Now, we're talking about continuity since he's a starter.   When Dre' misses 25 games or more a season, it's a problem. 

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Wretch said:

I don't want to trade anybody...  But, if I take the emotion out of it, in an ideal world I would swap TWO core guys.

Hunter is the first and that's who I voted for.  Realistically, there's never going to be a possession where you want a Dre isolation with Trae/DJM watching.  It's honestly situational whether you want to go to him or somebody spotting up, or a lob to JC/OO/Cap.  All we can really use him for in this offense is 3 and D.  We don't play through him, he just gets his turn like everyone else.  Hunter's spot would be much better served with a sniper.

I am not talking straight up swap, but I would put Buddy Hield there if I could - but in a different system that moves the ball with a purpose and generates CnS.  (I didnt' realize he was 30 years old already tho...*scratches head*)

*edit - Nevermind.  Just realized something...

The other move I would make *sigh* if I just HAD to... 

I would break up JC and Capela.  It hurts my soul to say it, but it's not optimal having these two guys on the floor with that overlap and Clint bringing nothing but cleanup if he's not the roll man.  It's workable if JC can reliably stretch the defense with his shot or if we had a designated shooter in the starting lineup.  I just don't like leaning on JC's shot like that though.  I like seeing him take that shot situationally as opposed to needing him to hit that shot constantly.

Myles Turner is probably a player I'd target at C, despite the reservations people have about this being a contract year for him and whatnot.

I don't know what the framework of any of these deals looks like and I've never been the "trade machine" guy.  I'm just looking at this from a high level point of view.  I would pair JC with a stretch 5 and I would do anything to get a sniper in the starting lineup.  Not really keen on any changes though.  We really just need a new offensive system.  The only player moves that would get me excited are KAT or Brandon Ingram.

Scratch that Buddy Hield suggestion.  I just realized that my brain was still in 2021/22 mode...prior to getting Dejounte.  I would not target him now.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Wretch said:

Scratch that Buddy Hield suggestion.  I just realized that my brain was still in 2021/22 mode...prior to getting Dejounte.  I would not target him now.

Thank you for the edit, thought you got hacked 😆. Saw it last night but was too tired to respond. Buddy is all 3 no D. The defensive clinic that Hunter put on Kawhi last night in the 4th was impressive.

(I'd do Buddy for Bogi)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Disgusting poll, it's like we like not understanding the game. Like ignorance is cool 

I have no idea what you mean by this Supes.  You talk about potential trades for our players all the time and the poll just asks which player you'd like to move first.  

I feel like your response is not so much a view on the actual poll but on the minority of people who selected Hunter.  I get that you feel like they don't understand how hard it is to find a replacement for Hunter's role as our big perimeter defender.  Is that the way I should read this or are you really upset by someone asking this question in the form of a poll?

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thank you for the edit, thought you got hacked 😆. Saw it last night but was too tired to respond. Buddy is all 3 no D. The defensive clinic that Hunter put on Kawhi last night in the 4th was impressive.

(I'd do Buddy for Bogi)

Yeah, it was late and, true effin' story, I was drankin'. lol

I had been eyeballing Buddy over the last 3 years and his name naturally popped up when I thought about additions I would make.  I thought about it this morning and realized that my Buddy Love was a holdover from before we acquired our new SG.  That's honestly the Nate effect because some games I straight up forget he's out there.

I'm all over Hunter's 3nD and have talked him up enough.  My thing is he's just redundant everywhere else.  I would sacrifice some defense for a better 3 point shooter is where I was going with that. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I voted but my vote went to another player.  The one I voted still has -0-!

:smug:

I don't see you as having voted for anyone.  Is it possible you clicked DM but then instead of clicking the buttom to vote asked to see the results?  I think clicking the button to see the results instead of voting precludes you from voting but doesn't count as a vote towards anyone.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

I want to put this out there for anyone that doesn't understand my obsession with getting a sniper...

Take note of two things going forward:  Watch the score and how the momentum changes when we start knocking down 3s (especially Bogi).  Second, every time we move the ball and get a clean catch and shoot...imagine it's Kyle Korver taking that shot instead of whoever it is and how it would affect the game in that moment.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AHF said:

I have no idea what you mean by this Supes.  You talk about potential trades for our players all the time and the poll just asks which player you'd like to move first.  

I feel like your response is not so much a view on the actual poll but on the minority of people who selected Hunter.  I get that you feel like they don't understand how hard it is to find a replacement for Hunter's role as our big perimeter defender.  Is that the way I should read this or are you really upset by someone asking this question in the form of a poll?

The poll results. Not the poll itself. Finding a wing who can effectively defend 4 positions and big wings is extremely difficult. There are only 12 of them out there who can shoot the basketball to even an average stance. It makes no sense how some people just can't see that. It's like basic things I can talk to pros about, these guys just don't understand. I don't get it. It's obvious to me. 

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The poll results. Not the poll itself. Finding a wing who can effectively defend 4 positions and big wings is extremely difficult. There are only 12 of them out there who can shoot the basketball to even an average stance. It makes no sense how some people just can't see that. It's like basic things I can talk to pros about, these guys just don't understand. I don't get it. It's obvious to me. 

I actually side more with you on this Supes.  I agree with everything that you've said about him and I like him.  It's really just the Squawk being pulled into one of two polarized camps that may make it seem otherwise.  The problem for me is not the pieces we have, it's how those pieces fit together and how they are being used.  If Hunter was out there JUST spotting up, hitting at an above average clip, and playing great defense, I'd have nothing to say.  But he's not and it's hard watching him operate outside of that 3 and D space.

I'm not saying he's a liability.  Not at all.  I actually think he has much more to offer.  However, we aren't going anywhere with five guys, all taking turns attacking the basket (two of those guys attached to and overlapping on the PNR), and no real spacer on the floor getting clean looks.  We need at least one reliable sniper between the starting bunch.

Clint doesn't shoot.  DJM, Hunter, and JC hit at about the same clip and are good enough to support a sniper, but neither can be considered a primary threat from distance.  Trae can do it, but he has the ball all the time, doesn't move without the ball (for whatever reason ya'll like), we're not a ball movement team, and needs to attack for us to be successful.

I do think a different coach can make this better, but as long as we're average to "streaky good" from outside, I'm not confident we can consistently contend.